Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Monster of the deep Kevin Bonham's Avatar
    FIDE market research survey

https://www.fide.com/component/conte...h-nielsen.html

To compensate for your time and effort, we want to give all participants the option of entering a raffle for a two-hour online masterclass with Vladimir Kramnik. Ten lucky winners will have the chance to interact with the former World Champion and learn from this legendary player.

Dear friends,

The FIDE Qualification Commission (QC) is seeking responses to a questionnaire about the length of games required for standardplay games to be FIDE rated.

QC has received a lot of correspondence during 2019 suggesting FIDE should change the FIDE rating regulations to allow shorter games than at present to be rated. The relevant regulation is regulation 1 here: https://www.fide.com/fide/handbook.h...7&view=article

Given that changing this regulation would directly impact upon so much FIDE-rated chess, QC has decided to create a questionnaire to put this issue directly to all interested parties to better inform any decision that might be taken to change this regulation.

The questionnaire can be found here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1F...PNSDQ/viewform

QC encourages all players and interested parties to respond to this questionnaire, and for national federations to send it to their membership encouraging them to respond. Responses will be collected until Sunday, 27th October; and results published as soon as possible thereafter.

--
    Alex Holowczak
    Qualification Commission Secretary

Dear friends,

FIDE Vice President Judit Polgar has teamed up with ChessKid in an attempt to set the Guinness World Record for "Largest Online Chess Tournament". Even though there is no record officially set, Guinness has required that at least 20,000 kids participate for the record to count. Below you will find a link to the full announcement of the tournament, with instructions on how to join:

FIDE would like to endorse this initiative and support Judit, one of the key figures in our organization. We believe that a World Record will benefit chess and give it visibility. Plus, we could use this record as an example to demonstrate our sponsors and partners the potential that online chess has.

https://www.chesskid.com/article/vie...a-world-record

David Llada
    Chief Marketing and Communications Officer

As noted by Bill in the shoutbox, www.fide.com has been revamped.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Bonham View Post
    As noted by Bill in the shoutbox, www.fide.com has been revamped.
    Looks good too!
    I notice a couple of articles in the Russian language on the front page too!
    That for some reason reminded me days of my youth when I was so fascinated by Fyodor Dostoyevsky's character Alyosha Karamazov that I had learned his famous line
    I love mankind, but I find to my amazement that the more I love mankind as a whole, the less I love man in particular. translating word by word from the original
    The Brothers Karamazov novel with the help of a dictionary!
    ACF 3118316
    FIDE 3201457

Looks good, but when looking at where events are ie closest events, world events. When you go to America and keep clicking down, there is no Oceania Zone or that Australia and its Oceania neighbours are not included in Asia.

So Australia doesn't count again according to Fide. Pretty reflective of our true position within FIDE.

Quote Originally Posted by Garvinator View Post
    Looks good, but when looking at where events are ie closest events, world events. When you go to America and keep clicking down, there is no Oceania Zone or that Australia and its Oceania neighbours are not included in Asia.
    Well spotted; Australia is not clickable on the map whereas the rest of Asia is.

Mainland Australia is however doing better than New Zealand or Tasmania which are not even on the map at all.

Thread Information