CC Grandmaster

Gary Kasparov was visiting Australia once again!

Interested in Chess Lessons?
    Email webbaron!@gmail.com for more Info!

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelBaron View Post
    the best thing about your link is all the good tweets that he attracts - he is a brave guy for taking on corrupt Russia.
    Zionism is racism as defined by the UN, Israel by every dirty means available steals land and water, kill Palestinian freedom fighters and civilians, and operates an apartheid system to drive more Palestinians off their land

Quote Originally Posted by antichrist View Post
    the best thing about your link is all the good tweets that he attracts - he is a brave guy for taking on corrupt Russia.
    People arguing about the virtues of flying vs carbon footprint, from the few I saw.
    meep meep

Quote Originally Posted by road runner View Post
    People arguing about the virtues of flying vs carbon footprint, from the few I saw.
    what about the one I posted in USA thread, the Trump family and admin have a higher crime rate than any immigrant group.

I love those tweets re carbon footprint, as I tell my missus every time she wants a shopping trip to Gold Coast. There was a big bird show at Beenliegh today that I non-attended due to carbon emissions.
    Last edited by antichrist; 04-11-2018 at 09:41 AM.
    Zionism is racism as defined by the UN, Israel by every dirty means available steals land and water, kill Palestinian freedom fighters and civilians, and operates an apartheid system to drive more Palestinians off their land

CC International Master
    The person who started it may have a point of sorts, but it seems like a peculiar place to make it. Unless he says the same thing on every post that mentions flying.

Kasparov is strongly anti-Trump, maybe to get even for Trumps pro-Putin stance

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Rout View Post
    The person who started it may have a point of sorts, but it seems like a peculiar place to make it. Unless he says the same thing on every post that mentions flying.
    Standard trolling IMHO.
    meep meep

Standard trolling IMHO.
    But if they genuinely believe and care is it standard trolling? Probably to the non passionate person there is no difference. They may be young and it is very important to them and if we just re-act in a negative manner he may pull his head in and just become another "consume, keep quiet and die"

Monster of the deep Kevin Bonham's Avatar
    But if they genuinely believe and care is it standard trolling?
    The line between trolls and clueless fanatics is an even thinner one on Twitter than on forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Bonham View Post
    The line between trolls and clueless fanatics is an even thinner one on Twitter than on forums.
    I don't know the circumstances of Kasparov's mode of travel but if that stirrer does he may have a point - if Kasparov is flying in a private jet it must be one of the most serious environmental crimes known for benefiting the fewest number of people. I all for going back to the non-polluting sailing ships and getting involved in doing the yakka required - learning on the job. I only got to understand aerodynamics from watching the aeroplane/jet wings being manipulated upon take off and landing.

I don't know the circumstances of Kasparov's mode of travel but if that stirrer does he may have a point - if Kasparov is flying in a private jet it must be one of the most serious environmental crimes known for benefiting the fewest number of people.
    There is no evidence from his tweet that Kasparov was using a private jet. He was flying long-haul from Brisbane to San Francisco. Clearly the person replying objects to intercontinental jet travel in general on environmental grounds, and doesn't care what kind of jet it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Bonham View Post
    There is no evidence from his tweet that Kasparov was using a private jet. He was flying long-haul from Brisbane to San Francisco. Clearly the person replying objects to intercontinental jet travel in general on environmental grounds, and doesn't care what kind of jet it is.
    https://en.chessbase.com/post/kaspar...visits-jamaica
    Although there had been rumours that he would be visiting Jamaica courtesy of telecommunications giants, Digicel, Garry's arrival was still a pleasant surprise, and members of the local chess community were delighted when the private jet in which he travelled touched down on Jamaican soil, home to legends such as Marcus Garvey, Bob Marley and Usain Bolt.

The stirrer could have found out with just one search that such a private jet is often used. Garry is terrific in the politics he does but is committing another type of crime - Garry could read the stirrer's twit and change his travelling habits. [snip-mod]
    Last edited by Kevin Bonham; 11-11-2018 at 09:31 AM. Reason: off-topic comment deleted.

The stirrer could have found out with just one search that such a private jet is often used.
    One example from the 2014 FIDE election campaign in which vast amounts of money were wasted trying to get Garry elected does not prove "often".

Here is the guy's twitter feed: https://twitter.com/ClimateHuman

He is an author trying to flog a book regarding climate change and he clearly has a general objection to flying (unless it becomes carbon-neutral) and sees himself as part of a "flying less" movement.

Thread Information