Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Synergy Chess

CC International Master Kaitlin's Avatar
    I might try it.

My new chess variant development has come to a grinding holt. It's "Chess Republica" , got rid of the Kings and Queens and replaced them with 5 Parliament pieces each side, that just hog the center and impede any center development. To advance any piece development takes about 20 manouvers of the Parliament pieces ... it's a very stragitey orinatated variant.
    .. this Caketin is full of little spiders and watermelon seeds.....

..Chess is all about fear and psychology

..Chess is like an exam..... you havent studied for

..If you're good at Chess it means you are very intelligent and could potentialy do great things
    ..... but that you might have wasted that playing way too much chess

Quote Originally Posted by Synergy Rob View Post
    Hi Road Runner. The original idea was to keep chess in the centre and expand around it,
    Why?
    meep meep

CC Rookie
    why not try something different - you just might enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Synergy Rob View Post
    why not try something different - you just might enjoy it.
    You just said it took a very long time to work out where the pieces should be - care to elaborate on why the rook is surrounded by pawns on 3 sides and the king is on the 3rd rank?
    meep meep

CC International Master Kaitlin's Avatar
    Astetics
    .. this Caketin is full of little spiders and watermelon seeds.....

..Chess is all about fear and psychology

..Chess is like an exam..... you havent studied for

..If you're good at Chess it means you are very intelligent and could potentialy do great things
    ..... but that you might have wasted that playing way too much chess

CC Rookie
    The original game of Chess remains in the centre of the board, hence the King in the middle. As I wanted to use 2 complete sets each, there were 4 extra Pawns that needed positioning (12 across + 4). Looking at White, I started with the Pawns on A3, and B3. On the other side they were on L3, and K3 (same set up for Black). A Pawn on A3, or L3 makes it very difficult for the Rooks on A1, and L1 to get into the game. The Pawns on C2, and J2 do not interfere with any pieces wanting to move (except as you mention the Rooks on line 3, but why would you be wanting to move these backwards?). The front Pawns in the middle pretty much become cannon fodder, and are usually taken early in the effort to get control of the centre of the board. If you are having a competitive game with your opponent, the Pawns on C2, and J2 become important in defending your line later on in the game.

CC Rookie
    Hi Kaitlin. Congratulations on becoming an International Master. Would you like to try something new? I would very much appreciate the opinion of an IM.

CC Rookie

Testers wanted.

Synergy Chess is an innovative game of double chess. Please visit my website - www.synergychess.net to view the game. Thank you to all of the players that helped with phase one tests. I am now looking for new players to help with the second phase of testing. We have ironed out most of the bugs, and I am hoping to launch Synergy Chess online within 6 months. Any players interested can contact me at info@synergychess.net.

CC Rookie

Double Chess

Synergy chess is an innovative game of double Chess, giving players on ALL levels a more exciting Chess experience. We are looking for players to help Beta test this new exciting online game. To see how Synergy Chess works, please visit the website - www.synergychess.net to watch some short videos. If you are interested in trying this new take on Chess, please contact Robert - info@synergychess.net.

CC Rookie

Synergy Chess

Calling ALL Chess players - Synergy Chess has been entirely re written, due to inconsistencies with programming, and now has an new exciting platform. We are looking for players to try Synergy Chess, and offer feedback. Please visit www.synergychess.net to see how it works. If you, or anyone you know, may be interested in helping us test the program, please contact us, thanks for your time.

Monster of the deep Kevin Bonham's Avatar
    Threads merged

I have merged the existing five Synergy Chess threads. Please keep all future posts on this subject to this thread now, ta.

Thread Information