CC International Master Brian_Jones's Avatar

Dato Tan Chin Nam

It is with great sadness that I must report the passing of Dato Tan Chin Nam.

Chess philanthropist Dato Tan has died

The QVB chess tourney was a terrific concept and location. I always longed for a repeat. He was certainly a wise person in many facets. He did his lot to improve the world by encouraging and developing chess that is now acknowledged as improving the human's thinking and boy we certainly need that.
    Zionism is racism as defined by the UN, Israel by every dirty means available steals land and water, kill Palestinian freedom fighters and civilians, and operates an apartheid system to drive more Palestinians off their land

I'm sorry to hear that sad news. He was well-known as a supporter of Australian chess and incidentally as a keen runner of successful race horses here.

DJ
    ...I don't want to go among mad people Alice remarked, "Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: we're all mad here. I am mad. You're mad." "How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice. "You must be," said the Cat ,"or you wouldn't have come here."

Quote Originally Posted by Denis_Jessop View Post
    I'm sorry to hear that sad news. He was well-known as a supporter of Australian chess and incidentally as a keen runner of successful race horses here.

DJ
    A more successful horse runner than self-proclaimed loser Gerry Harvey. Can't help comparing Dato Tan to Trump, no cowardly hiding behind massive, numerous bankruptcies etc., not all for himself.
    Zionism is racism as defined by the UN, Israel by every dirty means available steals land and water, kill Palestinian freedom fighters and civilians, and operates an apartheid system to drive more Palestinians off their land

Thread Information