CC International Master

2018 Launceston Cup?

Is there a Launceston Cup this year, and if so is there any information anywhere? (Can't see any mention on the TCA page.)

Monster of the deep Kevin Bonham's Avatar
    I've had the weekend of 17-18 Nov in my diary for some time but I haven't seen any details recently and can't find any more information.

CC International Master
    Launceston has yet to provide the info. to Ian Little - as I understand it. I spoke with Kerry Beeton (Launceston delegate) and Aidan Cox about it a few weeks ago and was advised that it was on, but not on the advertised dates. Apparently, it will happen on the w/e November 10, 11. As soon as Ian receives the full details he'll post them. I was hoping to play, but probably can't make it on the dates given to me by Aidan. Whether it can be rated will probably depend on whether Launceston players who aren't members of the TCA choose to play.

CC International Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Bonham View Post
    I've had the weekend of 17-18 Nov in my diary for some time but I haven't seen any details recently and can't find any more information.
    The original calendar dates for this were November the 24th & 25th. - approved at the meeting following the 2017 event (see here)

CC International Master
    Quote Originally Posted by idledim View Post
    Launceston has yet to provide the info. to Ian Little - as I understand it. I spoke with Kerry Beeton (Launceston delegate) and Aidan Cox about it a few weeks ago and was advised that it was on, but not on the advertised dates. Apparently, it will happen on the w/e November 10, 11. As soon as Ian receives the full details he'll post them. I was hoping to play, but probably can't make it on the dates given to me by Aidan. Whether it can be rated will probably depend on whether Launceston players who aren't members of the TCA choose to play.
    Thanks Denis. Like Kevin I was planning on 17-18 November. Not sure how the new date (assuming it's confirmed) will work for me.

CC International Master
    As there is nothing further it seems the event isn't on this weekend?

As it happens I unexpectedly had to be in Launceston on Friday, though as it was for an angiograph it would in any case have been advisable to avoid stressful activities like rapid chess.

Thread Information