Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ACF Website

CC Candidate Master
    To show the seriousness with which the ACF takes its website, the following sentence heads the page on the Grand Prix, and has done since the revamp:
    The ACF Grand Prix is Australia’s premier chess tournament series, and has been running since etc. etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian_Rogers View Post
    To show the seriousness with which the ACF takes its website, the following sentence heads the page on the Grand Prix, and has done since the revamp: (emphasis mine)
    To show how interested you seem to be in improving things instead of finding opportunities to throw passive-aggressive shade at the ACF, this is factually incorrect.

The ACF GP page was redesigned less than a month ago to make the layout more logical as well as easier to consistently update for future office-bearers of both the Webmaster and GP Director roles. It was during this time that the section you were referring to was added, and after a quick check it appears that when handing over the documentation I forgot to mention that because I didn't have that information when doing the work the initial blurb still needed filling out - hence the etc. etc. So if anything, it's a sign of an overworked volunteer rather than some organizational self-disregard.
    Last edited by thomasdav; 06-07-2019 at 03:42 PM.
    ACF Webmaster - auschess.org.au Contact: webmaster@auschess.org.au

Ratings lookup: sachess.org.au/ratings (Not official, but based on the latest ACF rating lists - and it has graphs!)

CC Candidate Master
    Indeed, as you said, the GP page has had that sentence since since its revamp.
    A simple wiki search would tell you when the GP started - surely a volunteer, however overworked, can manage that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian_Rogers View Post
    surely a volunteer, however overworked, can manage that.
    Nice. I'll remember that one for the next time a charity comes knocking at my door.

Ratings lookup: sachess.org.au/ratings (Not official, but based on the latest ACF rating lists - and it has graphs!)

CC Candidate Master
    I'm still wondering why the lead news item on the ACF web site is Additional room found for 2019 Australian Open - an event held in 1018.

Because I have received nothing to put up there, despite multiple emails to state associations and other relevant people letting them know that I'm happy to put up anything (relevant) that they send me. Articles to the end of 2018 were simply added as a courtesy so that the sections were not completely empty, and the aforementioned emails noted this. Or should all webmasters, no matter how overworked, be able to also take on the role of nation-wide PR, media liaison and copy-writer in addition to the duties in their remit?

CC Candidate Master
    The ACF web site currently has no mention of the upcoming Australian Championships or Australian Junior Championships.
    However, to compensate, there is the headline: Get ready for the 2018 Australian Allegro Championship!

Thread Information