Page 29 of 32 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by antichrist View Post
    I think the great majority of my past posts on this thread show that I don't agree with the sensationalism of the thread starter. So I have posted a few here that don't contain an indigenous person nor a Muslim person nor a coloured person etc.. I think that the thread starter has a fixation when these minority persons break the law so I highlight when "ordinary and white" people break the law that Michael obviously somehow is blind to. I notice that he does not go off the deep end on such cases???

The danger in discrimination and prejudice is that one will tend to trust people that should not be trusted and vice versa. Also I consider small time crims insignificant to big time white collar criminals etc.. The Ponzi schemes for example.
    Hear hear

CC Grandmaster
    Quote Originally Posted by antichrist View Post

The danger in discrimination and prejudice is that one will tend to trust people that should not be trusted and vice versa. Also I consider small time crims insignificant to big time white collar criminals etc.. The Ponzi schemes for example.
    Victims of those crimes do not consider those insignificant...

It is also significant that people who get away with inappropriate behaviour are likely to become repeat offenders.
    Interested in Chess Lessons?
    Email webbaron!@gmail.com for more Info!

So what's your excuse? To run like the devil's chasing you.

See you in another life, brotha.

CC Grandmaster
    Looks like he he will get life in prison....as capital punishment has been abandoned. I trust this is what he would get in Australia...even if he is from a ''disadvantaged background''.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelBaron View Post
    Looks like he he will get life in prison....as capital punishment has been abandoned. I trust this is what he would get in Australia...even if he is from a ''disadvantaged background''.
    Doesn't he get a trial?

CC Grandmaster
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Murray View Post
    Doesn't he get a trial?
    Of course he does....but would you doubt the outcome? I mean in Russia...in Australia I would doubt...

The biggest problem with the Russian system - it can be manipulated by politicians as well as very corrupt when it comes to ''economic crimes''. However, cases like this, it handles quite well.

No murderer will be set free.

Such crimes are very rare in Australia, of course. Though you could ask Martin Bryant about the leniency of our sentencing. He had psychiatric issues and was sentenced to 35 life sentences, plus 1,652 years in prison.

Of course he does....but would you doubt the outcome? I mean in Russia...in Australia I would doubt...

The biggest problem with the Russian system - it can be manipulated by politicians as well as very corrupt when it comes to ''economic crimes''. However, cases like this, it handles quite well.

No murderer will be set free.
    Some murderers should eventually be set free. As long as they aren't laughing when walking out. I am friends with one murderer who performed when drunk and he completely changes personality. Best.guy otherwise
    Zionism is racism as defined by the UN, Israel by every dirty means available steals land and water, kill Palestinian freedom fighters and civilians, and operates an apartheid system to drive more Palestinians off their land

CC Grandmaster
    Quote Originally Posted by Desmond View Post
    Such crimes are very rare in Australia, of course. Though you could ask Martin Bryant about the leniency of our sentencing. He had psychiatric issues and was sentenced to 35 life sentences, plus 1,652 years in prison.
    https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-04-...e5k0G-KUTJO0rc

So I trust we can all rejoice at justice prevailing!

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-04-...e5k0G-KUTJO0rc

So I trust we can all rejoice at justice prevailing!
    Obviously bad decisions are made sometimes, and I won't defend that decision. But I'm happy to defend Australia's record compared to Russia's.

How about murdered journalists for example.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...lled_in_Russia

CC Grandmaster
    Obviously bad decisions are made sometimes, and I won't defend that decision. But I'm happy to defend Australia's record compared to Russia's.

How about murdered journalists for example.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...lled_in_Russia
    Of course, political murders hardly get investigated there...unless required. This is well known.

Of course, political murders hardly get investigated there...unless required. This is well known.
    Even Gary K got whacked over the head and the perpetrators were laughing.
    Zionism is racism as defined by the UN, Israel by every dirty means available steals land and water, kill Palestinian freedom fighters and civilians, and operates an apartheid system to drive more Palestinians off their land

Sure is, which is why it's surprising you want to compare with Australia.

CC Grandmaster
    Sure is, which is why it's surprising you want to compare with Australia.
    There is no question that the russian legal system is corrupt. But where ''common''' people are involved - punishment is harsh! No easy let off based on stories of ''difficult childhood''. I believe in USA...criminals are also not laughing....

Monster of the deep Kevin Bonham's Avatar
    Posts moved

Can't really see what Pell has to do with this thread (unless one is convinced he is a criminal who is now laughing) so have moved the Pell-related posts after the first one to the Pell thread.

Anyone wanting to discuss this move may do so in the Help and Feedback section only.
    Moderation Requests: All requests for, comments about, or questions about moderation of any kind including thread changes must be posted in the Help and Feedback section and not on the thread in question. (Or by private message for routine changes or sensitive matters.)

ACF Newsletter Information - All Australian players and administrators should subscribe and check each issue for relevant notices

My psephology/politics site (token chess references only) : http://kevinbonham.blogspot.com.au/ Politics twitter feed https://twitter.com/kevinbonham

Thread Information