Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 193
  1. #16
    CC Grandmaster road runner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    on the skin of the pale blue dot
    Posts
    12,481
    Prosecutors may appeal Ristevski sentence after public outrage

    The Director of Public Prosecutions has left the door open to appeal Borce Ristevski's sentence following public outrage that the remorseless wife-killer could walk free in five years. ...

    "This sentence, like all sentences, will be under review for possible appeal. However, no decision has been made as yet," he said.

    Victorian opposition leader Michael O'Brien said the sentence showed Victoria had a "legal system, not a justice system." “Too many Victorians will be looking at the sentence handed down to Ristevski and shaking their heads,” Mr O'Brien said. “That’s not justice, that’s not justice or anything like it, but that’s where we are in Victoria at the moment.”

    One of the critical reasons for Justice Beale's sentence was he could not determine whether the offence was in the mid or upper range of manslaughter.

    Though manslaughter carries a maximum 20 years, latest figures from the Sentencing Advisory Council showed the average sentence ranged from a minimum seven years and three months in 2015-16 to nine years and two months in 2017-18.

    The average length of non-parole periods in the last financial year was six years and two months.

    Justice Beale said the Ristevski case was clearly not low-range manslaughter because of the aggravating domestic violence aspect.

    "Without knowing the level and duration of the violence perpetrated by you, which caused your wife's death, I simply cannot say whether your offending was mid or upper range," he said.

    Justice Beale said the fact Ristevski kept silent on how his wife died did not mean the court could assume that the killing was in the most serious category of manslaughter. ...
    meep meep

  2. #17
    CC Grandmaster
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    12,761
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Byrom View Post
    It's a plea bargain:
    Melbourne man Borce Ristevski has unexpectedly pleaded guilty to the manslaughter of his wife Karen, whose body was dumped in bushland. Ristevski, 54, was about to stand trial in the Victorian supreme court, accused of murdering his 47-year-old wife Karen at their Avondale Heights home on 29 June 2016 and dumping her body in bushland. Prosecutors withdrew the murder charge and Ristevski entered a plea of guilty to manslaughter on Wednesday.
    The very fact that the court has no choice suggest that its possible to avoid harsher punishment for the crime he committed.
    P.S I would be surprised if the plea was changed for reasons other than the legal advice he was getting.
    Interested in Chess Lessons?
    Email webbaron!@gmail.com for more Info!

  3. #18
    CC Grandmaster
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    12,761
    https://7news.com.au/news/crime/man-...UkW0hvutdWaNjo

    Any thoughts whether he will get 20 years in prison or not? Shall we look into whether he had ''difficult childhood'' or not..so in case he did - he gets a lighter sentence?

    Is he Human after all? Hard to imagine a human hurting a baby. Even dogs would not!
    Interested in Chess Lessons?
    Email webbaron!@gmail.com for more Info!

  4. #19
    CC Grandmaster antichrist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    17,207
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelBaron View Post
    https://7news.com.au/news/crime/man-...UkW0hvutdWaNjo

    Any thoughts whether he will get 20 years in prison or not? Shall we look into whether he had ''difficult childhood'' or not..so in case he did - he gets a lighter sentence?

    Is he Human after all? Hard to imagine a human hurting a baby. Even dogs would not!
    There are many cases of dogs attacking babies due to jealousy. The dingo ate the baby remember
    Zionism is racism as defined by the UN, Israel by every dirty means available steals land and water, kill Palestinian freedom fighters and civilians, and operates an apartheid system to drive more Palestinians off their land

  5. #20
    CC Grandmaster
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    12,761
    Quote Originally Posted by antichrist View Post
    There are many cases of dogs attacking babies due to jealousy. The dingo ate the baby remember
    Dingo is not a dog...but this guy is also worse than a dog...
    Interested in Chess Lessons?
    Email webbaron!@gmail.com for more Info!

  6. #21
    CC Grandmaster antichrist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    17,207
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelBaron View Post
    Dingo is not a dog...but this guy is also worse than a dog...
    Dingos and dogs can freely mate so you mind your own business. The worst crims are assessed as having no empathy - many people are similar only to a lesser degree. I think Russian famous leaders throughout history also had shocking childhoods and they also did atrocious acts on a massive scale
    And now they are hailed as great leaders
    Zionism is racism as defined by the UN, Israel by every dirty means available steals land and water, kill Palestinian freedom fighters and civilians, and operates an apartheid system to drive more Palestinians off their land

  7. #22
    CC Grandmaster
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    12,761
    Quote Originally Posted by antichrist View Post
    Dingos and dogs can freely mate so you mind your own business. The worst crims are assessed as having no empathy - many people are similar only to a lesser degree. I think Russian famous leaders throughout history also had shocking childhoods and they also did atrocious acts on a massive scale
    And now they are hailed as great leaders
    Dingo is Dingo a non domesticated dog is like a snowman to human .
    But anyway, this is beyond the point that a non retarded human who kills a baby has to be prosecuted extremely severely, punished and made suffer!
    Interested in Chess Lessons?
    Email webbaron!@gmail.com for more Info!

  8. #23
    Monster of the deep Kevin Bonham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    37,718
    The dingo stuff will be moved if a sustained discussion about it develops but taxonomically, dingos are dogs. This is somewhat controversial but the lumpers are winning. See official Australian government position here: https://biodiversity.org.au/afd/taxa/Canis_familiaris

  9. #24
    CC Grandmaster antichrist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    17,207
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelBaron View Post
    Dingo is Dingo a non domesticated dog is like a snowman to human .
    But anyway, this is beyond the point that a non retarded human who kills a baby has to be prosecuted extremely severely, punished and made suffer!
    The Right to Lifers this punishment should occur for abortions. If there is not massive early intervention these crimes will continue to rise due to illicit drugs. People sell drugs for the hugh profit motive and the little expertise needed. They see others with riches and become envious just like I described in thread Jealousy and criminals
    It comes under evolutionary psychology or used to. You can scream blue murder but don't understand what is beneath pushing it
    .
    Last edited by antichrist; 04-08-2019 at 12:42 PM.
    Zionism is racism as defined by the UN, Israel by every dirty means available steals land and water, kill Palestinian freedom fighters and civilians, and operates an apartheid system to drive more Palestinians off their land

  10. #25
    CC Grandmaster
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    12,761
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Murray View Post
    As I understand it, he changed his plea at the last minute to guilty of manslaughter. I doubt whether the court has any choice but to accept the plea.
    It is this ''lack of choices'' that defines the legal system.
    Interested in Chess Lessons?
    Email webbaron!@gmail.com for more Info!

  11. #26
    CC Grandmaster
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    4,857
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelBaron View Post
    It is this ''lack of choices'' that defines the legal system.
    The court probably did have a choice. It could insist on prosecuting him for murder, with the risk that a jury could find him not guilty, or accept his guilty plea to manslaughter. We're not in China, so criminals actually get a trial before being sentenced.

  12. #27
    CC Grandmaster
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    12,761
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Byrom View Post
    The court probably did have a choice. It could insist on prosecuting him for murder, with the risk that a jury could find him not guilty, or accept his guilty plea to manslaughter. We're not in China, so criminals actually get a trial before being sentenced.
    So wouldn't you want to see him handed a ''Chinese'' sentence that would punish him more appropriately for his crimes? Yes, we are not in China...so he gets off light!
    Interested in Chess Lessons?
    Email webbaron!@gmail.com for more Info!

  13. #28
    CC Grandmaster antichrist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    17,207
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelBaron View Post
    So wouldn't you want to see him handed a ''Chinese'' sentence that would punish him more appropriately for his crimes? Yes, we are not in China...so he gets off light!
    You would not Chinese "justice" full stop. Whistle blowers are locked up and even tortured. Little people (potato) whose land is confiscated for big projects are screwed by big time developers (crims) associated with the government. The imprisoned Tibetan freedom fighters have their organs involuntarily removed and sold overseas with corrupt officials getting rich out of it. They don't care about finding the guilty person - just administer punishment so severely (even to innocents) that it scares the rest of the population into behaving.
    Zionism is racism as defined by the UN, Israel by every dirty means available steals land and water, kill Palestinian freedom fighters and civilians, and operates an apartheid system to drive more Palestinians off their land

  14. #29
    CC Grandmaster
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    12,761
    Quote Originally Posted by antichrist View Post
    You would not Chinese "justice" full stop. Whistle blowers are locked up and even tortured. Little people (potato) whose land is confiscated for big projects are screwed by big time developers (crims) associated with the government. The imprisoned Tibetan freedom fighters have their organs involuntarily removed and sold overseas with corrupt officials getting rich out of it. They don't care about finding the guilty person - just administer punishment so severely (even to innocents) that it scares the rest of the population into behaving.
    Forget about the ''freedom fighters'' - what shall we do with a guy who killed a baby???
    Interested in Chess Lessons?
    Email webbaron!@gmail.com for more Info!

  15. #30
    CC Grandmaster antichrist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    17,207
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelBaron View Post
    Forget about the ''freedom fighters'' - what shall we do with a guy who killed a baby???
    Put a pic of the baby in his cell to always remind him. If the guy is criminally insane blame the Creator
    Last edited by antichrist; 05-08-2019 at 05:07 PM.
    Zionism is racism as defined by the UN, Israel by every dirty means available steals land and water, kill Palestinian freedom fighters and civilians, and operates an apartheid system to drive more Palestinians off their land

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 118
    Last Post: 16-08-2018, 11:15 PM
  2. Stupid Criminals
    By Oepty in forum Non-Chess
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-02-2011, 09:36 PM
  3. Microsoft FINALLY succumbs to antitrust punishment
    By Basil in forum The 1337 Lounge
    Replies: 107
    Last Post: 14-08-2010, 02:17 PM
  4. Punishment for not turning up
    By sonyrobocup in forum General Chess Chat
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-12-2005, 02:29 AM
  5. free will (+punishment and morality)
    By Kevin Bonham in forum Non-Chess
    Replies: 58
    Last Post: 11-10-2004, 09:22 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •