Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    CC Grandmaster

Even Criminals are Laughing at our ''Crime and Punishment'' System :)

A thief to the first of many Melbourne magistrates who's refused him bail:

ďYouíre the first one thatís actually got a set of brains in between his f***ing shoulders. Thank you,Ē he said.

ďHonestly itís about time. Isnít that kind of stupid Iíve been bailed 10 times?

ďItís a system failure."

Yes.

Court documents show his long list of charges include two counts of assaulting a police officer, assault, cannabis possession and twice failing to appear at court.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/blogs/a...0b3fe7bc8d481d
    Interested in Chess Lessons?
    Email webbaron!@gmail.com for more Info!

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelBaron View Post
    A thief to the first of many Melbourne magistrates who's refused him bail:

“You’re the first one that’s actually got a set of brains in between his f***ing shoulders. Thank you,” he said.

“Honestly it’s about time. Isn’t that kind of stupid I’ve been bailed 10 times?

“It’s a system failure."

Yes.

Court documents show his long list of charges include two counts of assaulting a police officer, assault, cannabis possession and twice failing to appear at court.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/blogs/a...0b3fe7bc8d481d
    If it was all based on cannabis possession he should not have any record - not that I am in favour of ganja.
    Zionism is racism as defined by the UN, Israel by every dirty means available steals land and water, kill Palestinian freedom fighters and civilians, and operates an apartheid system to drive more Palestinians off their land

CC Grandmaster
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...edophiles.html

Good read for opponents of imprisonment of criminals...
    Child SeX Offenders treated so ''respectfully'' ….and see the numbers of them reoffending....-

CC Grandmaster
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...edophiles.html
    Good read for opponents of imprisonment of criminals... Child SeX Offenders treated so ''respectfully'' ….and see the numbers of them reoffending....-
    But those offenders were imprisoned: "Some commit new crimes just hours after being released from prison ... With an increasing number of child sex offenders out on parole and thousands more soon to be released, there are calls for a public register and one mayor even declared his council a 'paedophile-free zone'."

So what percentage re-offend? And what is your solution?

CC Grandmaster
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Byrom View Post
    But those offenders were imprisoned: "Some commit new crimes just hours after being released from prison ... With an increasing number of child sex offenders out on parole and thousands more soon to be released, there are calls for a public register and one mayor even declared his council a 'paedophile-free zone'."

So what percentage re-offend? And what is your solution?
    The article states numbers of those re-offending.

Re my solution: for Raping Kids - Death Sentence or Life Centence (should include labour camp then..so we do not have to pay expenses for these bastards).

I can not imagine how society can set child rapists free.

CC Grandmaster
    Re my solution: for Raping Kids - Death Sentence or Life Centence (should include labour camp then..so we do not have to pay expenses for these bastards). I can not imagine how society can set child rapists free.
    What about if their sentence is overturned on appeal? That's not much good to them if they've been executed:
    Quote Originally Posted by idledim View Post
    Still no coverage on the ABC of the Appeal judgement in Tyrrell v. The Queen!
    https://www.supremecourt.vic.gov.au/...n-2019-vsca-52 Yet Tony Jones solemnly declares on Q & A (4 March) that it is disrespectful for anyone to question a decision of a jury (which presumably includes the 3 Appeal judges); and Charlie Pickering (20 March) insists that the voice of the victim should not be contested. That's what's known as 'balance' on the ABC.

CC Grandmaster
    What about if their sentence is overturned on appeal? That's not much good to them if they've been executed:
    Life sentence and labour camp?

And when the crimes are as obvious as the one of the Christchurch shooter...why are even wasting resources on him?

CC Grandmaster
    Life sentence and labour camp? And when the crimes are as obvious as the one of the Christchurch shooter...why are even wasting resources on him?
    Should Cardinal Pell receive a life sentence in a labour camp?

CC Grandmaster
    Should Cardinal Pell receive a life sentence in a labour camp?
    If his crime is raping kids... then why not? I do not see how being a Cardinal or not being a Cardinal is relevant.

CC Grandmaster
    https://www.facebook.com/7NEWSsydney...zQwODg3MDgyOQ/

She was on Bail...what a fantastic citizen. So this is kind of people our system tolerates.

CC Grandmaster
    https://www.facebook.com/7NEWSsydney...zQwODg3MDgyOQ/

She was on Bail...what a fantastic citizen. So this is kind of people our system tolerates.
    She will be severely punished ofcourse. I think judges will make her even apologise to this poor lady. Though unlikely. Because it may traumatize this girl. Most likely they give her 20 hours of public service and send her to work with a disadvantaged children. She may teach them thing or two��

Justice for Karen Ristevski does not feel like it has been served

An inattentive bus driver crashes his vehicle into a notoriously low-slung bridge, injuring passengers. He gets five years and three months' jail.

A young man kills a surgeon he doesn't know in a one-punch attack, during an argument over smoking at a hospital, he gets a mandatory decade behind bars.

Yet at the cost of a measly six years minimum, you can, it transpires, confess to killing your wife, without revealing why or how you did it, and having lied to police for months and even having indulged in the charade of carrying her coffin at her funeral. You can dump her body in bushland, where, by the time it is found, her cause of death cannot be established. You can deny you had anything to do with her death until you are facing a murder trial. And still, if you behave, you can expect to spend just six years away from the bed the pair of you shared. Taking into account time already spent in custody, you could be out in under five. ...
    meep meep

CC Grandmaster
    Quote Originally Posted by road runner View Post
    Justice for Karen Ristevski does not feel like it has been served

An inattentive bus driver crashes his vehicle into a notoriously low-slung bridge, injuring passengers. He gets five years and three months' jail.

A young man kills a surgeon he doesn't know in a one-punch attack, during an argument over smoking at a hospital, he gets a mandatory decade behind bars.

Yet at the cost of a measly six years minimum, you can, it transpires, confess to killing your wife, without revealing why or how you did it, and having lied to police for months and even having indulged in the charade of carrying her coffin at her funeral. You can dump her body in bushland, where, by the time it is found, her cause of death cannot be established. You can deny you had anything to do with her death until you are facing a murder trial. And still, if you behave, you can expect to spend just six years away from the bed the pair of you shared. Taking into account time already spent in custody, you could be out in under five. ...
    This case as well...While I may not know all details of the case, the sentence appears to be way too light....Now the questions is, what are those details that I do not know that result in such a light sentence? Or is it standard, punishment?

This case as well...While I may not know all details of the case, the sentence appears to be way too light....Now the questions is, what are those details that I do not know that result in such a light sentence? Or is it standard, punishment?
    As I understand it, he changed his plea at the last minute to guilty of manslaughter. I doubt whether the court has any choice but to accept the plea.

CC Grandmaster
    It's a plea bargain:
    Melbourne man Borce Ristevski has unexpectedly pleaded guilty to the manslaughter of his wife Karen, whose body was dumped in bushland. Ristevski, 54, was about to stand trial in the Victorian supreme court, accused of murdering his 47-year-old wife Karen at their Avondale Heights home on 29 June 2016 and dumping her body in bushland. Prosecutors withdrew the murder charge and Ristevski entered a plea of guilty to manslaughter on Wednesday.

Thread Information