Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324
    CC Grandmaster
    Quote Originally Posted by antichrist View Post
    And how old is he 18 years - you are picking on a minor maturity-wise. He could well be a decent guy if no grog and it was only minor stuff. Get off your high judgemental horses.
    He is old enough to go overseas independently, go clubbing, do drugs, get intoxicated@
    Interested in Chess Lessons?
    Email webbaron!@gmail.com for more Info!

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelBaron View Post
    He is old enough to go overseas independently, go clubbing, do drugs, get intoxicated@
    Society allows him to do such as Whitlam thought that if they were old enough to die involuntarily (in Vietnam war conscription) then they can also die voluntarily via adult games. But this does mean that he matured yet - Whitlam only wanted consistency and justice of being able to vote and decide if we enter a war for the conscript to die in. I was about 30 years old when AIDS became prevalent and I assume I had more maturity/wisdom than a lot of youngsters who got the disease.

The following article I have hacked due to copyright rules. But you could help by reading the entire article, only a page.

https://www.npr.org/templates/story/...ryId=141164708
    Brain Maturity Extends Well Beyond Teen Years

Under most laws, young people are recognized as adults at age 18. But emerging science about brain development suggests that most people don't reach full maturity until the age 25. Guest host Tony Cox discusses the research and its implications with Sandra Aamodt, neuroscientist and co-author of the book Welcome to Your Child's Brain.

TONY COX, host: I'm Tony Cox and this is TELL ME MORE from NPR News. Michel Martin is away. We'd like to spend this part of the program talking about the passage from childhood to adulthood and how that may be tougher for one distinct group of young people.
    Most of the privileges and responsibilities of adulthood are legally granted by the age of 18. That's when you can vote, enlist in the military, move out on your own, but is that the true age of maturity? A growing body of science says, no. That critical parts of the brain involved in decision-making are not fully developed until years later at age 25 or so.

COX: Is this idea that the brains of 18 year olds aren't fully developed a matter of settled science?
    AAMODT: Yes. The car rental companies got to it first, but neuroscientists have caught up and brain scans show clearly that the brain is not fully finished developing until about age 25.
    COX: To not be too clinical in the spin that we put on this, what parts of the brain are we talking about and what changes happen between the ages of 18 and, let's say, 25?
    AAMODT: So the changes that happen between 18 and 25 are a continuation of the process that starts around puberty, and 18 year olds are about halfway through that process. Their prefrontal cortex is not yet fully developed. That's the part of the brain that helps you to inhibit impulses and to plan and organize your behavior to reach a goal.

And the other part of the brain that is different in adolescence is that the brain's reward system becomes highly active right around the time of puberty and then gradually goes back to an adult level, which it reaches around age 25 and that makes adolescents and young adults more interested in entering uncertain situations to seek out and try to find whether there might be a possibility of gaining something from those situations.
    COX: So this is important. Are the physiological changes in the brain, in terms of the development of young people, as significant and impactful as the cultural changes and environmental changes that they go through vis-a-vis peer pressure things of that sort?
    Heard on Tell Me More
    --------------------------------------

this article mentions beyond 25 years

So don't go into full moon phase of screaming at every crime of the individual - it is also society's fault.

Because you give lectures etc I would expect you to know these things already.
    Zionism is racism as defined by the UN, Israel by every dirty means available steals land and water, kill Palestinian freedom fighters and civilians, and operates an apartheid system to drive more Palestinians off their land

CC Grandmaster
    https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/a...373&ref=clavis

NZ Indigenous have ''heroes'' of their own....I just wonder ....if he tried apologising for his animal=like behaviour rather than demand things? Feel sorry for the doctor who had to tolerate him...

And what I find most appalling is the title of the article ''Once Were Warriors actor Pete Smith banned from Kaitaia Hospital after dispute over a biscuit''
    This is NOt why he is banned. He is banned for unruly behaviour~

CC Grandmaster
    ABORIGINAL CRIMINAL GETS AWAY!

I LIVE IN AUSTRALIA....AND A PERSON WORKING FOR FEDERAL POLICE LIVES IN A TRIBE!

https://7news.com.au/news/sa/wombat-...ly7O2TwyrApDXE

This is Disgrace! if this is ''legal'' - he should go back to living in a cave!

Thread Information