Suggestion about illegal move released

I feel that the following Articles are missing in the Laws of Chess:

4.10.1 If a player having the move releases a piece on a square, but this move is not part of a legal move, he must retract the move and make a legal move complying with 4.1 - 4.7.
    4.10.2 An illegal move can never be 'made' and the player is still on the move until he makes a legal move.

The following five questions are currently not answered by the Laws of Chess:
    1. What happens if you release an illegal move?
    2. Who is now on the move?
    3. Can you correct the illegal move?
    4. What can your opponent do about it?
    5. When is an illegal move 'made'?

With the above Articles in place, we can answer
    1. You must retract it and make a legal move.
    2. You.
    3. Yes, you must.
    4. Nothing.
    5. Never. You can make a legal move instead, or complete the illegal move, the latter is penalized by 7.5.5.

Note that Articles 4.10.1 and 4.10.2 works with or without a clock, for example if it is a casual game.

Note that this solves the following example, I have heard arbiters assure that the following could happen, because they think that when an illegal move is released, the opponent is on the move:

1.e4 d5 2.Bb5+ f5 (Black releases the pawn but does not press the clock) 3.Qh5# (but White wasn't on the move, was he?)

FEN Viewer
    Chess well played is imagination, calculation, observation, experience and memorization in order of importance.

Perhaps 4.10.2 would be more accurate like this

4.10.2 An illegal move is 'made' when it is 'completed', and after releasing an illegal move, the player is still on the move until he completes the illegal move with a clockpress or retracts it and makes a legal move.
    Chess well played is imagination, calculation, observation, experience and memorization in order of importance.

I have been struggling with making a rule that will work for Article 4 even if there is no clock on the board, because I wanted it to say that if the illegal move has been completed with a clockpress, the opponent is having the move, but clock handling is part of Article 6. I think it will work OK if I let 6.2.1 handle this if there is a clock on the board, and of course 7.5.1 and A.4.2 deal with the completed illegal move, and avoid being explicit to have a clean definition for a clock-free game.

Thus 4.10 is reduced to a single Article:

4.10 If a player having the move releases a piece on a square, but this move is not part of a legal move, he must retract the move and make a legal move in accordance with Articles 4.1 - 4.7. He is still having the move until he makes a legal move.

1. The first part should be obvious, if you release an illegal move, you should retract it and make a legal move. It is astonishing that of all the 'must' the player has to comply with in The Laws of Chess this has never been stated before.

2. The second part is apparently a discussion point for some arbiters, who claim that 1.3 means that a released illegal move changes the turn to the opponent, and without an Article stating it, the answer is blowing in the wind. To me their point that the player can retract the illegal move if he just moves quicker than the opponent, is a disgrace in my opinion. The right to move should be cleanly defined and not ever be given to two players simultaneously.

Thread Information