Complaints Section, Science Dept

A few years ago I queried why there appeared to be only tide in the Philippines and was re-assured by Chief Scientist Rinse wind that there are two tides but the second one is only minor.

Well now there are massive floods in the area and so I checked out the tide as per link and it appears that RW was pulling a swifty and there may only be one tide.

https://www.tide-forecast.com/locati...y/tides/latest

I want a refund.
    Last edited by antichrist; 23-07-2018 at 03:05 PM.
    Zionism is racism as defined by the UN, Israel by every dirty means available steals land and water, kill Palestinian freedom fighters and civilians, and operates an apartheid system to drive more Palestinians off their land

Quote Originally Posted by antichrist View Post
    A few years ago I queried why there appeared to be only tide in the Philippines and was re-assured by Chief Scientist Rinse wind that there are two tides but the second one is only minor.

Well now there are massive floods in the area and so I checked out the tide as per link and it appears that RW was pulling a swifty and there may only be one tide.

https://www.tide-forecast.com/locati...y/tides/latest

I want a refund.
    According to that tide table, there is a high tide every 16 hours, i.e. three every 48 hours. So every second day has two tides

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Murray View Post
    According to that tide table, there is a high tide every 16 hours, i.e. three every 48 hours. So every second day has two tides
    Well currently the flood is 3 1/2 steps deep with another 2 1/2 steps to go, with the highest tide being on Saturday 4 inches higher than now then they should be okay - but there is another dam they are about to open soon? I know that many are praying earnestly so no need to worry.
    Zionism is racism as defined by the UN, Israel by every dirty means available steals land and water, kill Palestinian freedom fighters and civilians, and operates an apartheid system to drive more Palestinians off their land

why is that if freezing a drink in a can it expands but when defrosts the can does not contract to it's original size - are vacuums permittable or that rule about equal re-actions redundant?

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Murray View Post
    If ever an earthquake knocks over the Philippine Trench setting off massive tsunami there will be no one to witness and tell the story if there are one or two tides - like if a sparrow dropped dead in the forest....

Thread Information