View Poll Results: Which of these Presidents was/is the best?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Richard Nixon

0 0%
  • Gerald Ford

0 0%
  • Jimmy Carter

0 0%
  • Ronald Reagan

3 37.50%
  • George H.W. Bush

0 0%
  • Bill Clinton

0 0%
  • George W. Bush

0 0%
  • Barack Obama

5 62.50%
  • Donald Trump

0 0%
    Monster of the deep Kevin Bonham's Avatar

Best Recent-Ish US President

As companion to the "worst" thread.

Carter was equalish to Obama but in his era oil was still king so he acted accordingly. whereas Obama being a lot later appreciated that oil was killing our earth. They are both excellent people. Almost all the rest were for themselves or big business & wars or Israel too much. All the ones who did not bring dignity, except Trump, was because it was beyond them. Trump would not know what the word meant. And Trump hates it when told that his money cannot buy the class of Obama. I even heard that Trump paid unemployed folk to come and go crazy at his rallies.

McCain to his total regret ushered in the Tea Party and deplorables by inviting in Sarah Palin. I am sure that he will never forgive himself. That could be a worse cross for him than Vietnam torturing.
    Zionism is racism as defined by the UN, Israel by every dirty means available steals land and water, kill Palestinian freedom fighters and civilians, and operates an apartheid system to drive more Palestinians off their land

Reagan was the fool who would not mention the AIDS disease until about two million had died from it - don't know if he even mentioned then.
    Zionism is racism as defined by the UN, Israel by every dirty means available steals land and water, kill Palestinian freedom fighters and civilians, and operates an apartheid system to drive more Palestinians off their land

I find it challenging to vote for any of this lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Bonham View Post
    Obama was weakened midterm due to economy faltering due to GFC and limited himself to action that could not be easily undone by Republicans, viewed in that context
    and with hindsight of what Trump is undoing it makes him more appeal-able.

Reagan also went along with Gorbachov's skull birthmark being in shape of 666 antichrist B|S - that is why I took up the moniker about 35 years ago. There is a rational behind my craziness.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Bonham View Post
    How far back would you need to go? JFK, FDR, Lincoln, Washington?
    “If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.” — Abba Eban on the UN general assembly

“You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.” — Obi-Wan Kenobi on the UN kakistocracy

Quote Originally Posted by Capablanca-Fan View Post
    How far back would you need to go? JFK, FDR, Lincoln, Washington?
    Some case even for rating LBJ above all those in the poll. I found Obama very smart and likeable but I don't think he achieved very much.

Clinton probably achieved the most but had monster downsides that Obama does not possess. I was given half a day off school when JFK was shot - wish it happened more often. I bet Capa Fan missed out on that concession.

Thread Information