Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    CC Candidate Master

Bundaberg Open/Queensland Open 2018

Great news, Bundaberg is hosting the Queensland Open this year. It will be later than usual on the weekend of the 8th/9th September and we realise that this is in school time. So we are making it bigger than ever. It will be a Category 3 with a guaranteed first prize of $1000. More to follow
    Last edited by martinc; 20-02-2018 at 06:33 AM. Reason: emoji

CC Candidate Master
    This tournament has now been officially registered with the ACF Grand Prix as a Category 3. More news to follow.

CC Candidate Master
    As soon as we have the official CA then the flyer will be posted; so watch this space.

CC Candidate Master
    Bundaberg Chess Club is pleased to announce that GM Moulthun Ly has agreed to come to Bundaberg for the Open. It is the first time we have had a GM at our weekender. He has also agreed to give a Masterclass and a simul for local chess players. This will be on Friday 7th September. We will finalise the venue and post it here on Chesschat; so put that in your diary and think about an extra day in our wonderful city.

CC Candidate Master
    The tournament flyer has been handed to CAQ and will be up on their site in short order. As President, I extend a hearty welcome to all who wish to visit our beautiful city. Details of the available accommodation offers will be posted here in the next week.

CC Candidate Master
    If you are looking for motel accommodation for the tournament, we have arrangements with the Spanish Motor Inn 0741525444 and Econo Lodge 0741512341. To get the discount, ring direct and ask for the tournament rate

CC Candidate Master
    I will be distributing flyers for our updated tournament details; as well as for the approved accommodation (Spanish Motor Inn, Econo Lodge and Oscar's) at the forthcoming Wendy Terry. For those who wish to pay direct our Account is the Bundaberg Chess Club Inc - BSB 4122, A/C # 404252

CC Candidate Master
    Oops. BSB should read 034122

CC Candidate Master
    Good job I corrected that; we now have our first paying entrant - Tony Weller.

CC Candidate Master
    Would potential entrants be so kind as to email the club (bundabergchessclub18@ozemail.com.au) to let us know you have paid if you pay direct. And to all those other GM's, IM's and WIM's out there we would like to know of your interest in attending.

CC Candidate Master
    The entrants are beginning to come in. In addition to GM Moulthun Ly, IM Steven Solomon will be joining us. We also have interest from an overseas player. We look forward to seeing everyone on September 8th.

CC Candidate Master
    Greetings from Dnipro. I understand that there has been another typo. I should sack me as publicist. The contact address on the flyer should read 3 Seymour Drive not Seymour Avenue. I hope this has not inconvenienced anybody.

CC FIDE Master
    Hi All,

I've been asked to post a bit of an updated list of players for the event:

GM Moulthun Ly
    IM Stephen Solomon
    IM Brodie McClymont *TBC
    Tony Weller
    Mark Stokes
    Oleg Korenevski
    Martin Carter
    Louis Willamse
    Peter Scott-Parkin
    Phillip Mulholland
    John Harris
    Adheesha Suraweera
    Keith Macleod
    Brian Marinovic
    Renato Remaneses
    Peter Bender
    Stephen Harris
    Doug Walker
    David Arthur
    Thomas Ulahannan

I'll post the list with ratings when I get more off a chance

CC Candidate Master
    Hi All

Greetings from Slovenia. Thank you Fitz for keeping things up to date. Look forward to seeing you all when I return from holidays.

CC FIDE Master
    The Queensland Open/Bundaberg Open is fast approaching now - it is on Saturday September 8 and Sunday September 9 at Thabeban State School Goodwood Road Bundaberg. Great prizes are on offer! R1 starts at
    11:30am on Saturday - this allows players wishing to drive to Bundaberg from Brisbane time to do so on Saturday morning if they wish!

IT IS TIME TO ENTER!

Get full details of this great Open Weekender off the CAQ Website NOW under Coming Events: www.caq.org.au

Thread Information