Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 32
  1. #16
    CC Candidate Master
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    28
    Maybe, to add a little substance to the discussion, here a very fine and easily verifyable way to get an
    opening advantage against Stockfish:
    1.e4 human playing white, e4 is not a bad first move
    e6 Stockfish sometimes picks the French on e4
    2. d3 the move Fischer frequently played, eyeing a King's Indian Attack
    d5 well, this is simply best here
    3. Nc3
    d4(?!) Stockfish here will invariably play d4, gaining some space on the queen side,
    but that closes the game in the center and strengthens white chances on the king side
    4. Ne2, then white plays g3, Bg2 and f4, getting quite some advantage by force.

    That is all easily verifyable: you can play a game against Stockfish, get this line, get an advantage
    and maybe even win.

    What do you think of this line?

    Maybe someone could share their way of trying to get an opening advantage against the top engines.

  2. #17
    CC Rookie
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    7
    Lyudmil Tsvetkov and ARB are the two greatest computer chess spammers ever. They've been doing it for years, at least since I started engine programming 5 years ago. All serious chess engine programmers know that. We generally don't respond to their comments. I post here because I don't want anybody here waste money on his new and useless book.

    This guy is a fraud, he's not a programmer himself and he doesn't even understand alpha-beta. He's been consistently annoying us for writing new Stockfish patches for him. Nowadays, I don't respond to his emails anymore - I delete his emails whenever I see "Lyudmil Tsvetkov" in the sender field. He offered me a copy of his book: "The Secret of Chess", I deleted the message immediately.

    There was a discussion whether "Lyudmil Tsvetkov" is actually "ARB". Whenever ARB was active on YouTube (e.g. making stupid videos beating Stockfish), "Lyudmil Tsvetkov" was always silent. In fact, they had never posted messages to computer chess forum together - never on the same thread and never on the same topic. It works like that: "ARB" would make some new videos on beating Stockfish, bragged about them, then suddenly went silent. Soon after, "Lyudmil Tsvetkov" would come to the stage, also bragged about beating Stockfish. Once Lyudmil Tsvetkov "completed" his mission and went offline, ARB would soon jump back with his new videos. This is a cycle that never ends.

    Lyudmil Tsvetkov and ARB have never overlapped in their "works". Not even once.

    Look at the "Computer Chess Forum". ARB last posted on 25-09-17, Lyudmil Tsvetkov was inactive around that time. It's middle Oct now, ARB is not doing anything but Lyudmil Tsvetkov is back with his new books.

    I believe "Lyudmil Tsvetkov" is ARB. This old man has created two identities for himself, two very different personality for conquering the best chess engines in the world.

    Mental disorders.
    Last edited by studentt; 12-10-2017 at 01:28 PM.

  3. #18
    Monster of the deep Kevin Bonham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    35,526
    Quote Originally Posted by LyudmilTsvetkov View Post
    Dear Mr.[sic] Bonham,

    so, in what kind am I misrepresenting myself?
    You claimed on another thread "I am a candidate master with way above average grandmaster strength, maybe at least 2600 elo, lowest possible estimate."

    Unless you are actually 2600 ELO strength this is a misrepresentation.
    You've provided no evidence you are 2600 strength. Even if you from time to time defeat computers, that does not prove you would perform at 2600 strength against humans over the board.

    I don't like the tone, though, I would have preferred a much more substantial discussion,
    for example, in what way it would be possible to overwhelm top engines, concrete strategies,
    move sequences in the opening, etc.

    This would make the thread a real thread.
    Well if you want that you should post some examples of you doing so - preferably under controlled conditions but anything will do - instead of hiding them behind a paywall. At the moment there's nothing to discuss unless somebody wants to spend money first.

  4. #19
    CC Candidate Master
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by studentt View Post
    Lyudmil Tsvetkov and ARB are the two greatest computer chess spammers ever. They've been doing it for years, at least since I started engine programming 5 years ago. All serious chess engine programmers know that. We generally don't respond to their comments. I post here because I don't want anybody here waste money on his new and useless book.

    This guy is a fraud, he's not a programmer himself and he doesn't even understand alpha-beta. He's been consistently annoying us for writing new Stockfish patches for him. Nowadays, I don't respond to his emails anymore - I delete his emails whenever I see "Lyudmil Tsvetkov" in the sender field. He offered me a copy of his book: "The Secret of Chess", I deleted the message immediately.

    There was a discussion whether "Lyudmil Tsvetkov" is actually "ARB". Whenever ARB was active on YouTube (e.g. making stupid videos beating Stockfish), "Lyudmil Tsvetkov" was always silent. In fact, they had never posted messages to computer chess forum together - never on the same thread and never on the same topic. It works like that: "ARB" would make some new videos on beating Stockfish, bragged about them, then suddenly went silent. Soon after, "Lyudmil Tsvetkov" would come to the stage, also bragged about beating Stockfish. Once Lyudmil Tsvetkov "completed" his mission and went offline, ARB would soon jump back with his new videos. This is a cycle that never ends.

    Lyudmil Tsvetkov and ARB have never overlapped in their "works". Not even once.

    Look at the "Computer Chess Forum". ARB last posted on 25-09-17, Lyudmil Tsvetkov was inactive around that time. It's middle Oct now, ARB is not doing anything but Lyudmil Tsvetkov is back with his new books.

    I believe "Lyudmil Tsvetkov" is ARB. This old man has created two identities for himself, two very different personality for conquering the best chess engines in the world.

    Mental disorders.
    I still can not guess who you are.

    Most of the things you say are pure lies.

    Me and ARB the same person? I am Bulgarian, while he seems to be British.
    Anyway, if you have any proof, it would be good to disclose it and finally decide
    if Lyudmil Tsvetkov is ARB or ARB is Lyudmil Tsvetkov?

    I have great fun with your posts, obviously, you are just starting to learn...

  5. #20
    CC Candidate Master
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Bonham View Post
    You claimed on another thread "I am a candidate master with way above average grandmaster strength, maybe at least 2600 elo, lowest possible estimate."

    Unless you are actually 2600 ELO strength this is a misrepresentation.
    You've provided no evidence you are 2600 strength. Even if you from time to time defeat computers, that does not prove you would perform at 2600 strength against humans over the board.



    Well if you want that you should post some examples of you doing so - preferably under controlled conditions but anything will do - instead of hiding them behind a paywall. At the moment there's nothing to discuss unless somebody wants to spend money first.
    What is so difficult to understand: I am CM officially, but '2600+ strength' factually.

    The modern world is full with empty titles and those mostly mean nothing.
    For example, most modern literature Nobel Prize winners have actually written extremely mediocre
    works, and their contribution to literature is literally=0.

    Who needs all that?

    I hate empty things. I prefer to be non-titled, but strong, rather than titled and mediocre.

    Concerning me posting some games, there are 100+ such posts on talkchess, the last one a handicap game I played against
    Stockfish 8, knight for missing c7 pawn, the same handicap that Nakamura quickly lost to Komodo:
    http://www.talkchess.com/forum/viewt...731656&t=65168

    Just browse the forum more carefully.

    I would have posted here too, but the replay software is not ideal.

    Btw., I don't know why should I explain to a person who needs 410 games to score a draw against Stockfish?

    I am able to draw every single game.

  6. #21
    CC Rookie
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    7
    He's just upgraded from "2600" to "2800" on:

    > http://talkchess.com/forum/viewtopic...65397&start=10

    Quote: I don't know when people on this forum and elsewhere will finally learn that my objective current chess strength, especially under quiet conditions, is at least 2800?

    More:

    that 2100+ estimate(actually 2200+) dates back from 2004-2006, and during that period I had a couple of 2400 performances.
    I simply played too few rated games during that period, mostly at the weekends or in the evening, after a strenuous working day. Lack of concentration and fatigue play an enormous role in deciding a chess game.

    in the course of 12 years, I have added too much chess strength, I am even afraid to think of how large that quantity is nowadays. Matter of fact is that in the last 5 years I have played and analysed at least 3 times more games than during my entire chess training span before that.


    I don't know what are you talking me drawing 1 out of 100 against Stockfish. Out of 100, I am usually drawing at least 67.

    He's improved about 200 FIDE rating point in less than a day!!! Forget about Anton, ARB is our future!

    ARB (or Lyudmil Tsvetkov). When do you think you'll make the Houdini 6 videos? We need FIDE 2800+ scum**g like you to guard our humanity. It's time to move on from Stockfish.
    Last edited by studentt; 13-10-2017 at 02:00 PM.

  7. #22
    CC Rookie
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    7
    Lyudmil Tsvetkov likes playing tricks on innocent chess players. In the other thread "The Secret of Chess", even GM Max.W failed into his trap. I was too soft last time, and didn't bother to clarify the situation. But no next time.

    Let's protect the Australian chess community, don't buy anything from him, ever.
    Last edited by studentt; 13-10-2017 at 02:07 PM.

  8. #23
    CC Grandmaster
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    9,292
    Quote Originally Posted by LyudmilTsvetkov View Post
    What is so difficult to understand: I am CM officially, but '2600+ strength' factually.

    T
    LOL...This is clearly a ''clinical'' case
    Interested in Chess Lessons?
    Email webbaron!@gmail.com for more Info!

  9. #24
    CC Rookie
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Walgett
    Posts
    2

  10. #25
    Monster of the deep Kevin Bonham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    35,526
    Quote Originally Posted by LyudmilTsvetkov View Post
    What is so difficult to understand: I am CM officially, but '2600+ strength' factually.
    I am well aware that a title does not necessarily convey playing strength.

    The modern world is full with empty titles and those mostly mean nothing.
    You mentioned that you are a Candidate Master. In our region we create dozens of those every Zonal. So I agree that such a title is empty as proof of high playing strength. That is why we have ratings as a more objective indicator of playing strength. Oh but you don't play rated chess, so how is your playing strength to be tested?

    Concerning me posting some games, there are 100+ such posts on talkchess, the last one a handicap game I played against
    Stockfish 8, knight for missing c7 pawn, the same handicap that Nakamura quickly lost to Komodo:
    http://www.talkchess.com/forum/viewt...731656&t=65168
    That is hardly convincing evidence that you are a very strong player without any evidence as to the number of attempts it took you to win a game which you started knight for pawn up. It also appears that you played the game at a very fast time limit which makes any comparison with Nakamura's game invalid.

    I am able to draw every single game.
    Yes well, I wrestle tigers with my bare hands, four at a time, and then feed them to crocodiles afterwards. Anyone can make up anything but unless you can prove it under controlled conditions where it can be seen that you are not using a computer yourself then no-one need believe a word you say.

    The replay software here is fine:

    PGN Viewer
     
    Last edited by Kevin Bonham; 13-10-2017 at 10:36 PM.

  11. #26
    CC Candidate Master
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    249
    Quote Originally Posted by LyudmilTsvetkov View Post
    I have been candidate master for 20 years!
    According to Wikipedia, the Candidate Master title was only introduced in 2002.
    Southern Suburbs Chess Club (Perth)
    www.southernsuburbschessclub.org.au

  12. #27
    Monster of the deep Kevin Bonham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    35,526
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Hardegen View Post
    According to Wikipedia, the Candidate Master title was only introduced in 2002.
    Some countries had national Candidate Master titles.

  13. #28
    Monster of the deep Kevin Bonham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    35,526
    Quote Originally Posted by studentt View Post
    I believe "Lyudmil Tsvetkov" is ARB.
    The IP evidence available to us suggests otherwise, unless that person is extremely determined about disguising their identity.

  14. #29
    CC Candidate Master
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by studentt View Post
    He's improved about 200 FIDE rating point in less than a day!!! Forget about Anton, ARB is our future!

    ARB (or Lyudmil Tsvetkov). When do you think you'll make the Houdini 6 videos? We need FIDE 2800+ scum**g like you to guard our humanity. It's time to move on from Stockfish.
    Quite possible.

    As soon as Mr. Houdart presents me with a free copy, I might play some games.
    Otherwise, I don't intend to buy an engine that more or less plays and understands chess on the level
    of the other 2 leading programs, Stockfish and Komodo, that is, weak.

    I am sufficiently well aware of Stockfish and Komodo play and the strength difference between version updates
    (=very small), to buy a Houdini copy only because I need to prove something to someone.

  15. #30
    CC Candidate Master
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by onionlord77 View Post
    I would say more stupid than trolling.

    I hate lies much more than I hate stupidity.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Man vs Machine
    By Alexrules01 in forum General Chess Chat
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-02-2011, 09:01 PM
  2. Axiom v Sigma Chess 6.1 [Possum vs Machine]
    By Basil in forum Correspondence Matches
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 13-03-2007, 09:09 PM
  3. Man versus Machine: the Ultimate showdown
    By qpawn in forum Correspondence Matches
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-08-2006, 02:04 PM
  4. Australia versus Scotland
    By Davidflude in forum Correspondence Chess News
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 17-11-2005, 04:05 PM
  5. Men v Machine match in Indonesia
    By News Bot in forum Chess Australia
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-01-2005, 04:01 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •