Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 43
  1. #1
    CC Grandmaster Elliott Renzies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Melbourne - Australia
    Posts
    11,229

    2nd Capablanca Memorial GM Norm Anogia, Crete Greece

    Round 1
    White IM Anton Smirnov 2508
    Black FM Duzhakov, Ilya 2429
    Result 1-0


    PGN Viewer
     
    which dad is your mum?

    Zero trollerance!


    ACF 3118316
    FIDE 3201457

  2. #2
    CC Grandmaster Elliott Renzies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Melbourne - Australia
    Posts
    11,229
    GM David, Alberto. 2576 will be IM Anton Smirnov's opponent tonight.
    After his sound first round win the young Australian will defend the black pieces.
    Last edited by Elliott Renzies; 12-09-2017 at 04:58 PM.
    which dad is your mum?

    Zero trollerance!


    ACF 3118316
    FIDE 3201457

  3. #3
    CC Grandmaster Elliott Renzies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Melbourne - Australia
    Posts
    11,229
    Anton's second game vs the tournaments top seed ended in a draw!
    which dad is your mum?

    Zero trollerance!


    ACF 3118316
    FIDE 3201457

  4. #4
    CC FIDE Master Metro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    752

  5. #5
    CC Grandmaster Elliott Renzies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Melbourne - Australia
    Posts
    11,229
    Quote Originally Posted by Elliott Renzies View Post
    Anton's second game vs the tournaments top seed ended in a draw!
    GM Ed. Rozentalis (2nd seed) 2513 is Anton's opponent in R3
    which dad is your mum?

    Zero trollerance!


    ACF 3118316
    FIDE 3201457

  6. #6
    CC Grandmaster Capablanca-Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    18,280
    Quote Originally Posted by Elliott Renzies View Post
    GM Ed. Rozentalis (2nd seed) 2513 is Anton's opponent in R3
    Thank you for keeping us posted.
    I support gender equality: in a marriage, there should be an equal number of both genders.
    “It's like the old line about homosexuality: I don't care what they do, as long as they don't make it compulsory”—former Labor leader Mark Latham

  7. #7
    CC Grandmaster Elliott Renzies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Melbourne - Australia
    Posts
    11,229

    the drawn game vs GM David Alberto

    White David Alberto
    Black Smirnov Anton
    Result 0.5 - 0.5

    PGN Viewer
     
    which dad is your mum?

    Zero trollerance!


    ACF 3118316
    FIDE 3201457

  8. #8
    CC Grandmaster Elliott Renzies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Melbourne - Australia
    Posts
    11,229
    Quote Originally Posted by Capablanca-Fan View Post
    Thank you for keeping us posted.
    you are welcome Capa-Fan! how could I neglect a tournament honouring the name of your favourite chess player!!!
    which dad is your mum?

    Zero trollerance!


    ACF 3118316
    FIDE 3201457

  9. #9
    CC Grandmaster Elliott Renzies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Melbourne - Australia
    Posts
    11,229

    Anton's win vs GM Ed. Rozentalis

    White Anton Smirnov
    Black Ed. Rozentalis
    Result 1-0


    PGN Viewer
      1-0
    which dad is your mum?

    Zero trollerance!


    ACF 3118316
    FIDE 3201457

  10. #10
    Monster of the deep Kevin Bonham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    35,391
    Nice finish! Seems Rozentalis missed a chance to survive with 30...Kg7 and for this reason 29.Ne4 would have been better. The rest was excellent by Anton. I must show this to our local 1...Nf6 fanatic.

  11. #11
    CC Grandmaster Elliott Renzies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Melbourne - Australia
    Posts
    11,229
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Bonham View Post
    Nice finish! Seems Rozentalis missed a chance to survive with 30...Kg7 and for this reason 29.Ne4 would have been better. The rest was excellent by Anton. I must show this to our local 1...Nf6 fanatic.
    haha show him! Am I correct to claim that this opening is rarely met in top class chess nowadays, but it still has some devoted fans internationally?

    BtW IM Smirnov's opponent in tonight's encounter is GM Levin, E. A.. (3rd seed) 2532. Anton will conduct the black pieces.
    Last edited by Elliott Renzies; 15-09-2017 at 12:51 AM.
    which dad is your mum?

    Zero trollerance!


    ACF 3118316
    FIDE 3201457

  12. #12
    CC Grandmaster Capablanca-Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    18,280
    Quote Originally Posted by Elliott Renzies View Post
    you are welcome Capa-Fan! how could I neglect a tournament honouring the name of your favourite chess player!!!
    Thanks again! Good to see that the Greeks have joined the Cubans in memorializing him. By coincidence, the only time I played in Greece was the 1988 Olympiad in Thessaloniki, and the tournament bulletin had a detailed article series for Capa's centenary.
    I support gender equality: in a marriage, there should be an equal number of both genders.
    “It's like the old line about homosexuality: I don't care what they do, as long as they don't make it compulsory”—former Labor leader Mark Latham

  13. #13
    CC Grandmaster Elliott Renzies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Melbourne - Australia
    Posts
    11,229
    Quote Originally Posted by Capablanca-Fan View Post
    Thanks again! Good to see that the Greeks have joined the Cubans in memorializing him. By coincidence, the only time I played in Greece was the 1988 Olympiad in Thessaloniki, and the tournament bulletin had a detailed article series for Capa's centenary.
    Yes, actually, it's a double GM Norm tournament since it's running concurrently
    but independently to the Fischer Memorial organised by the same Club (Anogeia CC) Anogeia (Gr Ανώγεια from 'Ανω Γη = Highlands)

    There are quite a few funny stories surrounding this unique "twin" tournament, but some other time!
    which dad is your mum?

    Zero trollerance!


    ACF 3118316
    FIDE 3201457

  14. #14
    CC Candidate Master
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    29

    Score for GM Norm?

    Quote Originally Posted by Elliott Renzies View Post
    Yes, actually, it's a double GM Norm tournament since it's running concurrently
    but independently to the Fischer Memorial organised by the same Club (Anogeia CC) Anogeia (Gr Ανώγεια from 'Ανω Γη = Highlands)

    There are quite a few funny stories surrounding this unique "twin" tournament, but some other time!
    So wondering what score does Anton need in this tournament to secure his final GM norm?

  15. #15
    CC Grandmaster Elliott Renzies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Melbourne - Australia
    Posts
    11,229
    Quote Originally Posted by simdeaf View Post
    So wondering what score does Anton need in this tournament to secure his final GM norm?
    Not sure about these technicalities simdeaf, I am sure Kevin, Bill, or Anton's dad would be able to answer this question from an expert's point of view. Cheers!
    which dad is your mum?

    Zero trollerance!


    ACF 3118316
    FIDE 3201457

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 11 users browsing this thread. (2 members and 9 guests)

  1. dbaussie,
  2. ova

Similar Threads

  1. Capablanca Memorial
    By peter_parr in forum Overseas Tournament News and Results
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-05-2013, 04:53 PM
  2. Capablanca Memorial in Cuba
    By News Bot in forum Chess Australia
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-05-2005, 04:01 PM
  3. How Capablanca beat the devil
    By Javier Gil in forum Puzzles and Problems
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 31-03-2005, 10:56 AM
  4. 2004 World Youth - Crete
    By jenni in forum Completed Tournaments
    Replies: 160
    Last Post: 21-11-2004, 09:55 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •