Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 41 of 41
  1. #31
    Illuminati Bill Gletsos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    16,543
    Ratings have been updated.

    An additional 10 tournaments (4 normal and 6 rapid) were rated.

    They were:

    ACT
    2017 Brindabella Snows
    2017 Karl Galli Cup
    2017 Winter Boot Camp
    2017 Winter Boot Camp Allegro

    SA
    2017 April Allegro
    2017 July Blitz
    2017 Modbury Chess Championship
    2017 Multicultural Allegro

    WA
    2017 Metro Open
    2017 SA Rapid Championship
    The Force can have a strong influence on the weak-minded.

  2. #32
    CC Candidate Master
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    158
    Should this player be in the Top Improvers list?

    June ACF (as at http://auschess.org.au/acf/wp-conten...0/junmst17.txt)
    2432285 804! NSW Wu, Celina (Yijia)

    September ACF (as in the updated list)
    1234! 16 1355 486 Wu, Celina (Yijia)

  3. #33
    Illuminati Bill Gletsos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    16,543
    Quote Originally Posted by black View Post
    Should this player be in the Top Improvers list?

    June ACF (as at http://auschess.org.au/acf/wp-conten...0/junmst17.txt)
    2432285 804! NSW Wu, Celina (Yijia)

    September ACF (as in the updated list)
    1234! 16 1355 486 Wu, Celina (Yijia)
    No.
    The Force can have a strong influence on the weak-minded.

  4. #34
    CC Candidate Master
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    158
    Due to fewer than 30 career games, I guess. Sorry for wasting space in this forum. I'll disappear again.

  5. #35
    Illuminati Bill Gletsos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    16,543
    Quote Originally Posted by black View Post
    Due to fewer than 30 career games, I guess.
    Correct.
    The June rating was based on less than 30 career games.
    The Force can have a strong influence on the weak-minded.

  6. #36
    CC Candidate Master
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    186
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Gletsos View Post
    I don't know what tournaments have or haven't been submitted to the State Rating Officers until I receive them and process them.
    I don't receive the files from the State Rating Officers until 2-4 weeks before the ratings are due to be published.
    Hi Bill,

    If the issue is a few organisers not submitting tournament files then I support publishing the current list of tournaments on Chesschat roughly a week before the end of the quarter, as that provides sufficient time for players to chase the organisers of any tournament that has been completed yet isn't in the list, and should reduce the risk of you having to re-do the ratings after the start of the quarter.

    In principle I don't think publishing the ratings should be delayed by a few tardy organisers not submitting tournament files in time, as this impacts the ratings used for tournaments at the beginning of the quarter - for example, presumably the Best in the West 2017 tournament had to use the June rather than September ACF ratings, which could have affected the rating and upset prize winners (note that this is in no way a criticism of those winners but rather an illustration of potential downstream impacts of delayed ratings).

  7. #37
    Illuminati Bill Gletsos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    16,543
    Quote Originally Posted by NickC View Post
    ...for example, presumably the Best in the West 2017 tournament had to use the June rather than September ACF ratings, which could have affected the rating and upset prize winners (note that this is in no way a criticism of those winners but rather an illustration of potential downstream impacts of delayed ratings).
    Actually I sent the Best in the West Arbiter a September SP master file they could use.
    The Force can have a strong influence on the weak-minded.

  8. #38
    Illuminati Bill Gletsos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    16,543
    Quote Originally Posted by NickC View Post
    In principle I don't think publishing the ratings should be delayed by a few tardy organisers not submitting tournament files in time,.....
    I'm a believer that players shouldn't be inconvenienced/disadvantaged because of the actions of organisers/arbiters. As such that is why I'm prepared to rerun the ratings.
    The Force can have a strong influence on the weak-minded.

  9. #39
    CC Candidate Master
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    186
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Gletsos View Post
    I'm a believer that players shouldn't be inconvenienced/disadvantaged because of the actions of organisers/arbiters. As such that is why I'm prepared to rerun the ratings.
    That's good of you Bill, as is sending a September SP master file to the Best in the West arbiter, so thank you!

  10. #40
    Illuminati Bill Gletsos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    16,543
    September 2017 ratings are now on the ACF website along with Classic and Quick Master files for use with Swiss Perfect and Vega.
    The Force can have a strong influence on the weak-minded.

  11. #41
    CC Candidate Master
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    186
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Gletsos View Post
    September 2017 ratings are now on the ACF website along with Classic and Quick Master files for use with Swiss Perfect and Vega.
    Thanks Bill. FYI I've just discovered that the format of the Name field in the Vega files has changed slightly this quarter since now there's no space between the Surname and Firstname.
    i.e. The format of the Name field in the June Vega files was Surname, Firstname (note the space between the comma and Firstname) but in the September Vega files it's Surname,Firstname (with no space).

    Just letting you know in case this will cause problems for your Name field checks.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Tournaments for September 2017 ACF Ratings
    By Bill Gletsos in forum Ratings Arena
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-09-2017, 03:07 PM
  2. 2017 Purdy Blitz - FIDE rated - 5 September - Sydney
    By mishahu in forum Completed Tournaments
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-09-2017, 12:41 PM
  3. ACF September 2015 Ratings
    By Bill Gletsos in forum Ratings Arena
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 04-09-2015, 11:09 AM
  4. ACF September 2014 Ratings
    By Bill Gletsos in forum Ratings Arena
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 08-10-2014, 01:08 PM
  5. ACF September 2004 Ratings
    By Bill Gletsos in forum Ratings Arena
    Replies: 172
    Last Post: 09-11-2004, 12:45 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •