Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by LyudmilTsvetkov View Post
    if I go to play now, I will easily pass 2500, no effort on my part at all, and spending half the time of my opponents.
    for higher ratings, it takes effort and concentration.

if you think 9 dollars is a high price for 290 pages large format and over 500 diagrams within, as well as featuring 5 times more chess knowledge terms any other
    book has presented, then you might easily skip the buy.
    No worries bud, I'll leave it with you.
    meep meep

if I go to play now, I will easily pass 2500, no effort on my part at all, and spending half the time of my opponents.
    Please come back after you have proved it in rated games. I couldn't imagine a better proof of your system.
    “A society that puts equality before freedom will get neither. A society that puts freedom before equality will get a high degree of both.”—Milton Friedman

“If a private enterprise is a failure, it is closed down—unless it can get a government subsidy to keep it going; if a government enterprise is a failure, it is expanded. I challenge you to find exceptions.”—Milton Friedman

CC Candidate Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Capablanca-Fan View Post
    Please come back after you have proved it in rated games. I couldn't imagine a better proof of your system.
    this takes time though, at least 2 or 3 years to get a GM title.
    alternatively, I could play a match against Stockfish or Komodo chess engines, win the match,
    and then you will be convinced.

anyway, I had a nice stay here, thanks to all well-inclined and ill-inclined kangaroos for their feedback.

CC FIDE Master
    "if you're a 2200 player who studies a lot and doesn't play, you're still a 2200 player. Sure maybe you understand things that the GMs don't. The chess world is full of people who think they know more than GMs, but just can't seem to produce the results to prove it."

So true, road runner.

Monster of the deep Kevin Bonham's Avatar
    alternatively, I could play a match against Stockfish or Komodo chess engines, win the match,
    and then you will be convinced.
    If you could do this under properly controlled conditions (arbiter, video, no possibility of looking up programs while playing) I'd be very impressed. But I don't think that will ever happen.

CC International Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Bonham View Post
    If you could do this under properly controlled conditions (arbiter, video, no possibility of looking up programs while playing) I'd be very impressed. But I don't think that will ever happen.
    I'd also be impressed, subject to KB's caveats about it being demonstrably genuine. But someone with a good knowledge of computer chess algorithms and plenty of practice can optimise their play against them and be confident of not getting too many surprises. In terms of demonstrating the viability of a technique valid for practical tournament play I would rather see a demonstration against a range of human players.

this takes time though, at least 2 or 3 years to get a GM title.
    OK, just play in any FIDE-rated tournament of 9+ rounds with an average rating around your last published rating, and score a 2600 performance.
    “A society that puts equality before freedom will get neither. A society that puts freedom before equality will get a high degree of both.”—Milton Friedman

“If a private enterprise is a failure, it is closed down—unless it can get a government subsidy to keep it going; if a government enterprise is a failure, it is expanded. I challenge you to find exceptions.”—Milton Friedman

CC Candidate Master
    I am so happy, the first review for 'The Secret of Chess' has appeared,
    and by none other than Australian GM and book reviewer David Smerdon:
    http://davidsmerdon.com/?p=1970

Thank you, David!

The review is also available on the chess.com blog of the grandmaster:
    https://www.chess.com/blog/smurfo/the-secret-of-chess

Thread Information