Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by jammo View Post
    Clearly the author is the greatest chess writer since Franklin K Young put pen to paper. A genius ahead of his time.
    Perhaps I can contribute something on this topic, unlike some others who don’t seem to have even grasped what the topic is.
    Before checking out I thought you may have been referring to a little old man who may have had a second hand book shop at the back of Salvos. Ironic our last meeting was in Lowest Rating Thread and now in highest rating book ever.
    Last edited by antichrist; 27-03-2018 at 01:38 AM.
    Zionism is racism as defined by the UN, Israel by every dirty means available steals land and water, kill Palestinian freedom fighters and civilians, and operates an apartheid system to drive more Palestinians off their land

CC Candidate Master
    Just to mention that the comparison between top engine and human play in the collection is an interesting observation.
    We all know that top engine games last much longer on average, and the collection will only corroborate that.
    But there is one more interesting phenomenon I discovered, namely that top engines tend to use some terms more often than humans,
    that would concern in particular for some reason outposts, especially more advanced ones, and material imbalances.
    Why so?
    Still not fully certain, but maybe one of the reasons is that the human imagination on average will have bigger problems with some lines, requiring deeper or highly unusual calculation.
    So that chess changes, there is no doubt about that, and we will be seeing further very interesting developments in the future conceptually, no doubt about that.

CC Candidate Master
    Quote Originally Posted by antichrist View Post
    Perhaps I can contribute something on this topic, unlike some others who don’t seem to have even grasped what the topic is.
    Before checking out I thought you may have been referring to a little old man who may have had a second hand book shop at the back of Salvos. Ironic our last meeting was in Lowest Rating Thread and now in highest rating book ever.
    Hi Brendan.
    Nice to meet you again.
    You have 10 accounts also on Chess Chat?

Monster of the deep Kevin Bonham's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LyudmilTsvetkov View Post
    Hi Brendan.
    Nice to meet you again.
    I know antichrist's real name and it isn't Brendan. And he only has one significantly active account here.

CC Grandmaster
    I have 1 account and Michael Baron is my real name...and I think that your claim that you are ''2900'' rated player is fake...
    Interested in Chess Lessons?
    Email webbaron!@gmail.com for more Info!

Hi Brendan.
    Nice to meet you again.
    If your chess book is the same quality as your conclusion here I don't hold out much hope for it.

I would have guessed that your magnicifant engine would have picked up that the opening sentence of my post was an exact replica post no.9 here of Jammo: http://www.chesschat.org/showthread....st-rating-ever.

Do you feel like a correspondence game - I love knocking off big names?

And the post previous to this one is from DOCTOR Michael Baron. He is a very humble guy.
    Last edited by antichrist; 28-03-2018 at 12:23 AM.
    Zionism is racism as defined by the UN, Israel by every dirty means available steals land and water, kill Palestinian freedom fighters and civilians, and operates an apartheid system to drive more Palestinians off their land

CC Candidate Master
    To show how the example games cover the concepts from the first volume, below a game, covering the
    'spearhead connected passer' concept.

[Event "Blitz 2m+2s"]
    [Site "Sofia"]
    [Date "2012.08.26"]
    [Round "?"]
    [White "Houdini 1.5 x64"]
    [Black "Tsvetkov, Lyudmil"]
    [Result "0-1"]
    [ECO "D00"]
    [Annotator "Tsvetkov,Lyudmil"]
    [PlyCount "97"]
    [EventDate "2012.??.??"]
    [TimeControl "120+2"]

1. d4 d5 2. Bf4 Nf6 3. Nc3 e6 4. a3 a6 5. e3 Nbd7 6. Nf3 Be7 7. Bd3 O-O 8. O-O
    c5 9. Nd2 c4 10. Be2 b5 11. e4 Bb7 12. e5 Ne8 13. Nf3 Nc7 14. Qd2 a5 15. Nd1 b4
    16. a4 Nb6 17. b3 Bc6 18. h3 Qd7 19. Re1 Bxa4 20. bxa4 Nxa4 21. Bg5 Nb6 22. Rb1
    Rfb8 23. Qf4 a4 24. Ne3 a3 25. Nd2 a2 26. Ra1 Nb5 27. Bxe7 Qxe7 28. Bf3 Nc3 29.
    Nd1 Nxd1 30. Rexd1 Ra3 31. Rdc1 Na4 32. Be2 Nc3 33. Bf1 b3 34. cxb3 cxb3 35.
    Nxb3 Raxb3 36. Rxc3 Rxc3 37. Rxa2 Ra3 38. Rc2 Ra1 39. g3 Qb7 40. Qd2 Qb1 41.
    Qe2 g5 42. Kg2 Qd1 43. Rd2 Qxe2 44. Bxe2 Rab1 45. Bd1 R1b2 46. Rd3 Kg7 47. h4
    h6 48. hxg5 hxg5 49. Kf3 0-1

And here is the position, where SF still fails to see Bxa4 is winning:
    r4rk1/2nqbppp/1nb1p3/p2pP3/PppP1B2/1P3N1P/2PQBPP1/R2NR1K1 b - - 0 19

PS. Sorry, I don't see in the hurry again the pgn and fen tags.
    If someone could help, would appreciate very much.

CC Candidate Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Bonham View Post
    I know antichrist's real name and it isn't Brendan. And he only has one significantly active account here.
    Maybe, but I am so scared of him, that I could not be certain of anything.

CC Candidate Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelBaron View Post
    I have 1 account and Michael Baron is my real name...and I think that your claim that you are ''2900'' rated player is fake...
    That is fine with me.
    Still, many GMs do appreciate my effort.
    A correspondence chess GM just posted a review on the first part: https://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-r...SIN=B074M85CVV
    You do believe in GM opinions, right?

CC Candidate Master
    Quote Originally Posted by antichrist View Post
    If your chess book is the same quality as your conclusion here I don't hold out much hope for it.

I would have guessed that your magnicifant engine would have picked up that the opening sentence of my post was an exact replica post no.9 here of Jammo: http://www.chesschat.org/showthread....st-rating-ever.

Do you feel like a correspondence game - I love knocking off big names?

And the post previous to this one is from DOCTOR Michael Baron. He is a very humble guy.
    Sorry, I have not browsed and don't have the time to browse all threads here.
    No time for correspondence game, really, otherwise with pleasure.
    I am sure Michael is very humble, all doctors are like that.
    I am one more example.
    Concerning the quality of my book, I already posted what GMs and IMs think about it.

CC Candidate Master
    Sorry, I have not browsed and don't have the time to browse all threads here.
    No time for correspondence game, really, otherwise with pleasure.
    I am one more example.
    Concerning the quality of my book, I already posted what GMs and IMs think about it.
    Astonishing how you retain your composure and politeness when no one else in this arena does. Gesundheit! Don't encourage them.

I am one more example.
    I :heart: this thread.
    meep meep

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Hardegen View Post
    Thank you Jammo for drawing the most illuminating works of Franklin K Young to my attention.
    "Franklin K Young, proof that chess and drugs don't mix. The Grand Tactics Of Chess by Franklin K Young. "Whenever a point of junction is the vertex of a mathematical figure formed by the union of the logistic symbol of a pawn with an oblique, diagonal, horizontal, or vertical from the logistic symbol of any ...". The mind boggles. Clearly the greatest chess writer since Capa was a little 5-year old beating his dad.
    God exists. Short and to the point.

Secretary of, and regularly playing at, Rooty Hill RSL Chess Club. See www.rootyhillchessclub.org.

Psephological insight. "Controversial will only lose you votes. Courageous will lose you the election." Sir Humphrey Appleby on Yes Minister.

Favorite movie line: Girl friend Cathy to Jack Ryan in "Sum of all Fears". "What kind of emergency does an historian have?".

Thread Information