CC Grandmaster

Topicality and Leak thread posts

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelBaron View Post
    I believe this thread is for paying Tribute to Bill Leak rather than political debate. So back to the cartoons: Is it acceptable to make cartoons about ''White People'' only? Or shall we not have cartoons at all?
    Blame Capablanca-Fan, who spammed the thread with a lengthy political argument with only one mention of Leak! And pointing out Leak was a hypocrite is fair comment - unless he did a cartoon opposing the NT intervention, of course - it doesn't have to be a tribute thread.

Your final sentences make no sense, as of course there can be cartoons about black people. If Leak can criticise Aborigines, then why can't I criticise him - I'm not trying to censor his cartoons?

Monster of the deep Kevin Bonham's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelBaron View Post
    I believe this thread is for paying Tribute to Bill Leak rather than political debate.
    Comments for and against Leak and his political impact are welcome and a degree of thread drift is OK at this stage; if it gets too much it will be moved. We actually had a complaint about one allegedly insensitive post (not on this thread) after Leak died. We dismissed it as even if the comment had been insensitive, Leak's own views on forthright "free speech" suggest he would not have wanted people to self-"censor" in what they said about him.

Atlanta, GA (formerly Brisbane, and before that Wellington, NZ)
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Byrom View Post
    Blame Capablanca-Fan, who spammed the thread with a lengthy political argument with only one mention of Leak!
    What are you on about now? Your fellow über-leftist Ian Murray was the first one to post a lengthy political diatribe against Leak. I haven't made any long comments; the longest was just a quote from his editor.
    “The destructive capacity of the individual, however vicious, is small; of the state, however well-intentioned, almost limitless. Expand the state and that destructive capacity necessarily expands, too, pari passu.”—Paul Johnson, Modern Times, 1983.

CC Grandmaster
    Quote Originally Posted by Capablanca-Fan View Post
    What are you on about now? Your fellow über-leftist Ian Murray was the first one to post a lengthy political diatribe against Leak. I haven't made any long comments; the longest was just a quote from his editor.
    What are you on about!? Ian's post was nine lines; yours was eight - so if his is lengthy, so is yours. And his was all about Leak; yours had only one sentence.

CC Grandmaster
    Shouldn't this thread be called "Thread 'Leak'-age"? Sorry ...

Thread Information