Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    Quote Originally Posted by road runner View Post
    Pell has already been sentenced. He is serving 6 years for the rape of a child and other sex crimes.
    But has he admitted all so they can be taken into consideration at time of sentencing? If not there may another Melbourne Cup field of allegations upon his release. I was thinking of my plumber's tale.
    Zionism is racism as defined by the UN, Israel by every dirty means available steals land and water, kill Palestinian freedom fighters and civilians, and operates an apartheid system to drive more Palestinians off their land

Quote Originally Posted by antichrist View Post
    But has he admitted all so they can be taken into consideration at time of sentencing? If not there may another Melbourne Cup field of allegations upon his release. I was thinking of my plumber's tale.
    I recommend watching the 4 Corners episode that I linked to earlier in this thread. From the transcript:

LOUISE MILLIGAN, REPORTER: The police investigation into Pell widened. New claims were made about alleged abuse in the 1970s at the Eureka Stockade pool in George Pell's hometown of Ballarat. Damian Dignan was eight years old at the time. In 2015 he made a complaint to police...we spoke to him the following year.
    DAMIAN DIGNAN (7:30, 2016) Father Pell was always at the deep end around his chest height there, and he would love to pick the kids up and throw them over his shoulder. Or throw them up in the air. So they could have a splash.

LOUISE MILLIGAN, REPORTER: So things got a bit rough? So what happened?

DAMIAN DIGNAN Ah, around the testes, around the anus.

LOUISE MILLIGAN, REPORTER: What would he do?

DAMIAN DIGNAN Grab you.

LOUISE MILLIGAN, REPORTER: How did it make you feel?

DAMIAN DIGNAN Scared. Scared but hurt. Very forceful around the anus. ...

DAMIAN DIGNAN: You've got no confidence, you can't talk, and you'll never talk. You feel ashamed. And ah, yeah, as far, as, you asked me how it affected me mentally? Ruined me life. Ruined it. For years, I was very angry. I grew up an angry young bloke. I took a lot of my anger out on myself. Self-destruction. And other people who cared about me and loved me.

LOUISE MILLIGAN, REPORTER: Damian Dignan had a drinking problem and he developed leukaemia. Police laid charges in relation to his alleged abuse, but they were dropped when he died in January 2017. He was 47. He told me he was always proud of coming forward.
    and

LOUISE MILLIGAN, REPORTER: Lyndon Monument described playing the same game with George Pell in the pool.

LYNDON MONUMENT (7:30, 2016): Well it was his hand touching your genitals and stuff on the outside of your bathers or your shorts, and then that slowly became hand down the front of your pants or your bathers or whatever you call them.

LOUISE MILLIGAN, REPORTER: Under the water?

LYNDON MONUMENT: Under the water.

LOUISE MILLIGAN, REPORTER: Lyndon Monument told police that Pell would then invite him into the change rooms.

LYNDON MONUMENT: He'd undress and then he'd say to us to undress and so we'd undress and then he'd have a towel and he'd say 'make sure that you wiped under your testicles' and all that sort of stuff.

LOUISE MILLIGAN, REPORTER: And while he was doing this, was he wearing clothes?

LYNDON MONUMENT: No.
    and

LOUISE MILLIGAN, REPORTER: Ballarat local, Phil Nagle, said he also saw Pell in the change rooms.

PHIL NAGLE: Obviously, as kids, pretty discreetly in the corner because we didn't want anyone to see our doodles and we're still little kids. Uh, tapped me on the shoulder, look around and Cardinal Pell, stark naked, and he was actually had his towel up and he was drying his back and there was no discretion at all. So he's actually the first adult male I ever saw naked.
    and

Six months after the Ballarat men went to police, another man came forward. Les Tyack told police that in the mid 1980s he saw Pell in the changerooms at the Torquay Life Saving Club.

LES TYACK When I walked in, I saw a fellow there towelling himself, criss-crossing across the back, towelling himself off. And there were three young kids, about eight to ten years of age, they would have been two metres across from him. Um, also getting changed. I went into the showers and I would've been been in the showers probably five to ten minutes. When I came out, this fellow, was facing the boys with the towel over his right shoulder. And I thought that to be a very odd situation. Here I was, in the shower, he had not got dressed, he was facing the boys and I thought then, immediately, there's something's not right here.
    I said to the boys, 'if you're finished, off you go, we'll see you here again another time'. And I said, to this fellow, um, 'George, I know what you're up to. Get dressed, piss off and don't come back to this club again. If I see you back here, I'll call the police.

LOUISE MILLIGAN, REPORTER: And George was George Pell?

LES TYACK: George was George Pell.

LOUISE MILLIGAN, REPORTER: So, what you're saying is, you thought that George Pell was exposing himself to those boys."

LES TYACK: Absolutely. Absolutely. I have no doubt whatsoever.

LOUISE MILLIGAN, REPORTER: Les Tyack was inspired to speak up when the Royal Commission into Institutional Responses to Child Abuse began sitting.
    I am very curious to read the royal commission's findings as they pertain to Pell, once they are released.
    Last edited by Desmond; 16-10-2019 at 03:16 PM.
    So what's your excuse? To run like the devil's chasing you.

See you in another life, brotha.

[Convicted Paedophile] George Pell lands a $10-a-week job in jail after requesting the role to give his days purpose - as he fights to overturn child sex abuse conviction

Convicted paedophile George Pell has landed a job behind bars as he continues to fight his child sex conviction.

The 78-year-old former cardinal has been appointed as a gardener for Melbourne Assessment Prison.

Pell is subject to 23 hours a day in solitary confinement and requested a job to give his days purpose, a prison insider told Herald Sun. ...

Quote Originally Posted by road runner View Post
    [Convicted Paedophile] George Pell lands a $10-a-week job in jail after requesting the role to give his days purpose - as he fights to overturn child sex abuse conviction

Convicted paedophile George Pell has landed a job behind bars as he continues to fight his child sex conviction.

The 78-year-old former cardinal has been appointed as a gardener for Melbourne Assessment Prison.

Pell is subject to 23 hours a day in solitary confinement and requested a job to give his days purpose, a prison insider told Herald Sun. ...
    fancy poor guy getting 23 hours a day solitary but it is not really solitary because he can talk to Jesus all day. In open prison he can be real popular hearing confessions and absolving sins because he has not being stripped of his priesthood yet. And would they have hefty sins to confess to, murder, rapes, terrorists activities - he may need counselling each session. He can guarantee Heaven to the prison guards etc. wow he will be popular.
    Zionism is racism as defined by the UN, Israel by every dirty means available steals land and water, kill Palestinian freedom fighters and civilians, and operates an apartheid system to drive more Palestinians off their land

CC Grandmaster
    The High Court sort of agreed to hear Pell's appeal:
    Pell’s lawyers will present their case as if special leave had been granted, proceeding with his arguments on appeal. This will look and feel like an appeal. However, at any point in the case, the justices of the high court can direct Pell’s lawyers to make submissions about whether or not he should be granted special leave.
    So they’re starting with the substantive arguments about why the conviction should be quashed, but Pell has not technically cleared the threshold question of whether the court should hear the appeal. It’s a bit like snakes and ladders – Pell has moved forward a few squares, but at any point could slide back to having to justify why the court should weigh in on the rightness or wrongness of the conviction at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Byrom View Post
    The High Court sort of agreed to hear Pell's appeal:
    Pell’s lawyers will present their case as if special leave had been granted, proceeding with his arguments on appeal. This will look and feel like an appeal. However, at any point in the case, the justices of the high court can direct Pell’s lawyers to make submissions about whether or not he should be granted special leave.
    So they’re starting with the substantive arguments about why the conviction should be quashed, but Pell has not technically cleared the threshold question of whether the court should hear the appeal. It’s a bit like snakes and ladders – Pell has moved forward a few squares, but at any point could slide back to having to justify why the court should weigh in on the rightness or wrongness of the conviction at all.
    better than God's justice, any avenues of appeal up there? I doubt it. any juryman of laymen? I doubt it? any mitigating circumstances taken into account? I doubt it. Any presidential pardons? I doubt it

George Pell team ignores evidence, says DPP
    The Australian

George Pell’s appeal to the High Court ignores, overstates and misstates evidence and ought to be rejected, the Victorian Director of Public Prosecutions argues in submissions to the court released on Friday.

A strong part of the cardinal’s application to appeal his conviction of sexually abusing two children related to the credibility of the sole surviving victim and inconsistencies between his testimony and that of other witnesses. ...

Director of Public Prosecutions Kerri Judd said Pell’s legal team had focused on the Court of Appeal majority’s “belief” in the victim.

“(Pell’s legal team) disregards an important aspect of the majority’s assessment of (the victim’s) credibility and reliability: that undisputed facts regarding the applicant’s use of the priests’ sacristy (at St Patrick’s Cathedral) and the layout of the priests’ sacristy provided independent support for (the victim’s) account,” Ms Judd said. ...

In her response to the High Court, Ms Judd said the majority “reviewed the whole of the evidence” and assessed the victim’s credibility and reliability in several contexts, including consistencies and inconsistencies between his account and other evidence, the defence contention that his story was inherently improbable and the defence contention that it was factually impossible for the offending to have occurred as alleged.

Ms Judd said Pell’s submission “ignores” and “glosses over evidence supportive” of the victim’s account such as his description of the priests’ sacristy where the abuse occurred.

She said the classification of evidence from church figures as “alibi evidence” also overstates their evidence. ...

Ms Judd said the dissenting Court of Appeal judge Mark Weinberg “did not sufficiently acknowledge the jury’s role as the primary tribunal of fact”.

“It is fundamental to our system of criminal justice that the jury is the constitutional tribunal for deciding issues of fact,” she said. “The role of the jury as representative of the community in a jury trial is of abiding importance … The jury also has epistemic advantages as the primary fact-finder.” ...

Happy anniversary Prisoner Pell. A year ago today.

Monster of the deep Kevin Bonham's Avatar
    Word is the defendant is having a good day today. One journo has said that the bench's handling of the prosecution's attempt is "like watching a baby seal getting clubbed."

CC Grandmaster
    The High Court has reserved its decision:
    The full bench of the high court in Canberra has reserved its decision about whether to grant Cardinal George Pell special leave to appeal his case for a final time, after listening to two days of arguments from his barrister and the prosecution. The seven judges asked for further written submissions from the legal parties and have given them two business days to deliver. The bench will then consider those materials before returning to deliver their decision at a date yet to be determined. Once they return to court, if the court does grant special leave, the bench may then immediately decide whether to accept the arguments from Pell’s team and acquit him, or they could dismiss the appeal in which case the verdict would hold.

CC International Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Byrom View Post
    The High Court has reserved its decision:
    The full bench of the high court in Canberra has reserved its decision about whether to grant Cardinal George Pell special leave to appeal his case for a final time, after listening to two days of arguments from his barrister and the prosecution. The seven judges asked for further written submissions from the legal parties and have given them two business days to deliver. The bench will then consider those materials before returning to deliver their decision at a date yet to be determined. Once they return to court, if the court does grant special leave, the bench may then immediately decide whether to accept the arguments from Pell’s team and acquit him, or they could dismiss the appeal in which case the verdict would hold.
    They could also decide to refer the matter to the Victorian Court of Appeal - unlikely but possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Bonham View Post
    Pell High Court transcript from today:
    http://classic.austlii.edu.au/au/cas...s/2020/26.html
    Pretty impressive how much time they can waste arguing about trivial nonsense, such as whether the absence of a witness that they never asked to be called constitutes reasonable doubt, or whether the appeal court watching the testimony is reviewing "evidence" or not, as opposed to reading it.

Thread Information