Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17252627
Results 391 to 403 of 403
  1. #391
    CC Grandmaster
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    11,623
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Murray View Post
    Australia Has One Of The Oldest Human-Made Structures On Earth.
    New Matilda
    5.2.19

    ...the remote NSW town of Brewarrina, a predominantly Aboriginal community in the far north west of the state.

    ‘Bre’, as the locals call it, has a population of around 1,000. It also happens to be home to the Brewarrina Fish Traps – known as Baiame’s Ngunnhu [pronounced By-ah-mee’s noon-oo]by the Ngemba people – which is possibly the oldest known human-made structure on earth.

    Dwell on that for a second… the oldest known human-made structure on earth, dating back at least 40,000 years. That pre-dates Stonehenge, an iconic British structure, by at least 37,000 years. Dwell on that for a second too. Bre’s fish traps are more than 10 times older than Stonehenge....
    Very good so they had some achievements....and upon documentation, the technologies would lead to further innovation and development rather than stop there.
    Have they developed further beyond those fish traps?
    Interested in Chess Lessons?
    Email webbaron!@gmail.com for more Info!

  2. #392
    CC Grandmaster
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    11,623
    https://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-09-...skills/8899782

    So suddenly they claim ''people need more resources and need to be educated''...this is what I've heard in 1991 when I got to Aus and in 25 years where did these communities progress?
    Last edited by MichaelBaron; 15-02-2019 at 03:20 AM.
    Interested in Chess Lessons?
    Email webbaron!@gmail.com for more Info!

  3. #393
    CC Grandmaster
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    11,623
    https://www.facebook.com/abcsoutheas...5840133238955/

    Putting Indigenous Sciences to work to solve the crisis of the Murray-Darling river system...
    I trust that timely application of the well-documented scientific process solved the problem.
    Interested in Chess Lessons?
    Email webbaron!@gmail.com for more Info!

  4. #394
    Batoutahelius road runner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    on the skin of the pale blue dot
    Posts
    12,125
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelBaron View Post
    https://www.facebook.com/abcsoutheas...5840133238955/

    Putting Indigenous Sciences to work to solve the crisis of the Murray-Darling river system...
    I trust that timely application of the well-documented scientific process solved the problem.
    Q1 is the river system performing better before or after colonisation?
    Q2 Has Abbott-Turnbull-Morrison government done anything more effective than clapping stick together?
    meep meep

  5. #395
    CC Grandmaster
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    11,623
    Quote Originally Posted by road runner View Post
    Q1 is the river system performing better before or after colonisation?
    Q2 Has Abbott-Turnbull-Morrison government done anything more effective than clapping stick together?
    Well, now clapping and dancing will fix all .
    Hillarious show....going back to Stone Age.
    Interested in Chess Lessons?
    Email webbaron!@gmail.com for more Info!

  6. #396
    Batoutahelius road runner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    on the skin of the pale blue dot
    Posts
    12,125
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelBaron View Post
    Well, now clapping and dancing will fix all .
    You mean fix all the problems with the river system created since colonisation?
    meep meep

  7. #397
    CC Grandmaster
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    11,623
    Quote Originally Posted by road runner View Post
    You mean fix all the problems with the river system created since colonisation?
    Can you fix ANY problem with the river system by that dance?
    Interested in Chess Lessons?
    Email webbaron!@gmail.com for more Info!

  8. #398
    Batoutahelius road runner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    on the skin of the pale blue dot
    Posts
    12,125
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelBaron View Post
    Can you fix ANY problem with the river system by that dance?
    Certainly dancing is better for the river that the active destruction that has been the feature of non-indigenous involvement since colonisation.
    meep meep

  9. #399
    CC Grandmaster
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    11,623
    Quote Originally Posted by road runner View Post
    Certainly dancing is better for the river that the active destruction that has been the feature of non-indigenous involvement since colonisation.
    So why are we concerned about the climate change in the first place? Simple solution - just do some dancing .
    Interested in Chess Lessons?
    Email webbaron!@gmail.com for more Info!

  10. #400
    Batoutahelius road runner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    on the skin of the pale blue dot
    Posts
    12,125
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelBaron View Post
    So why are we concerned about the climate change in the first place? Simple solution - just do some dancing .
    You seem confused. Climate change is not the primary cause of the problems with the river system, though it is true to say that Indigenous are also not the culprits there either.
    meep meep

  11. #401
    CC Grandmaster
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    11,623
    Quote Originally Posted by road runner View Post
    You seem confused. Climate change is not the primary cause of the problems with the river system, though it is true to say that Indigenous are also not the culprits there either.
    Is there ANY problem that the dance can fix?
    Interested in Chess Lessons?
    Email webbaron!@gmail.com for more Info!

  12. #402
    Batoutahelius road runner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    on the skin of the pale blue dot
    Posts
    12,125
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelBaron View Post
    Is there ANY problem that the dance can fix?
    Was there ever a problem that indigenous dancing caused, as opposed to say the actions of this caucasian?

    NSW cotton farmer Anthony Barlow fined $190,000 for breaching Water Management Act
    ABC 22 March 2019

    A northern NSW cotton farmer charged over water theft after an ABC Four Corners report has been fined $190,000 by the Land and Environment Court.

    Mr Barlow pleaded guilty to pumping water from the Barwon River for two days, during an embargo that was imposed from February to June in 2015 because of a severe water shortage in Broken Hill.

    He pumped enough water to fill almost 153 Olympic swimming pools, and according to court documents he was planning a summer cotton crop over two fields.

    Meanwhile Broken Hill was warned by authorities it may run out of water, with the Menindee Lakes, which the town relies, on resembling "big sandpits". ...
    meep meep

  13. #403
    CC Grandmaster
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    11,623
    Quote Originally Posted by road runner View Post
    Was there ever a problem that indigenous dancing caused, as opposed to say the actions of this caucasian?

    NSW cotton farmer Anthony Barlow fined $190,000 for breaching Water Management Act
    ABC 22 March 2019

    A northern NSW cotton farmer charged over water theft after an ABC Four Corners report has been fined $190,000 by the Land and Environment Court.

    Mr Barlow pleaded guilty to pumping water from the Barwon River for two days, during an embargo that was imposed from February to June in 2015 because of a severe water shortage in Broken Hill.

    He pumped enough water to fill almost 153 Olympic swimming pools, and according to court documents he was planning a summer cotton crop over two fields.

    Meanwhile Broken Hill was warned by authorities it may run out of water, with the Menindee Lakes, which the town relies, on resembling "big sandpits". ...
    I am not saying the water is managed well.

    However, dancing around the water and arguing that its ok cause its harmless does not make any positive impact.
    Interested in Chess Lessons?
    Email webbaron!@gmail.com for more Info!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. The Anti-Christ Appreciation Society
    By antichrist in forum Non-Chess
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 08-07-2011, 04:06 PM
  2. ACF - A secret society?
    By Brian_Jones in forum Australian Chess
    Replies: 148
    Last Post: 15-01-2008, 04:23 PM
  3. Queensland Uni Games Society Tournament Results
    By Garvinator in forum Completed Tournaments
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 10-03-2005, 12:04 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •