Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    CC Grandmaster
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Byrom View Post
    Possibly exceptions have been made for a number of funerals - do you have evidence otherwise?

UPDATE: States are apparently allowed to make 'hardship' exemptions, which is presumably what happened in this case: "The PM also announced that states and territories can also provide exemptions to the 10-person limit for funerals in cases of hardship."
    This case (as described in the article) clearly states:
    1) It was made due to them being Indigenous
    2) reason given in the article: if not allowed - they would proceed anyway.
    Interested in Chess Lessons?
    Email webbaron!@gmail.com for more Info!

CC Grandmaster
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelBaron View Post
    This case (as described in the article) clearly states:
    1) It was made due to them being Indigenous
    2) reason given in the article: if not allowed - they would proceed anyway.
    Where exactly does it say that people would have broken the law if not granted an exemption - it's nowhere in this article? And you do know what the word "offender" means, don't you?

CC Grandmaster
    Where exactly does it say that people would have broken the law if not granted an exemption - it's nowhere in this article? And you do know what the word "offender" means, don't you?

''"We know the gravity of the whole situation, it was an Indigenous elder and it was probably going to be a big funeral regardless," he said.

CC Candidate Master
    ''"We know the gravity of the whole situation, it was an Indigenous elder and it was probably going to be a big funeral regardless," he said.
    That is a quote from the mayor and does not prove anything, it is just an opinion.

CC Grandmaster
    A comment made by the Mackay Mayor, not by anyone planning to attend the funeral. Which you've chosen to interpret in a particular way, when it could mean many things. But even if your interpretation is correct, a person doesn't become an offender just because another person says that the first person is planning to break the law - they need to commit an actual crime, which no one did by attending the funeral.

Well Michael , just to even up the scene you charcoal your face, jump o their bandwagon and cop all the perks. You will escape the need for a fishing license as well. Please try for three days making regular reports for right wing racist websites.
    Zionism is racism as defined by the UN, Israel by every dirty means available steals land and water, kill Palestinian freedom fighters and civilians, and operates an apartheid system to drive more Palestinians off their land

CC Grandmaster
    A comment made by the Mackay Mayor, not by anyone planning to attend the funeral. Which you've chosen to interpret in a particular way, when it could mean many things. But even if your interpretation is correct, a person doesn't become an offender just because another person says that the first person is planning to break the law - they need to commit an actual crime, which no one did by attending the funeral.
    If my interpretation is correct, we have a case where Indigenousness is a clear case of positive discrimination (Indigenous being allowed what others are not). Also, if my understanding of what happened is correct, society has to bear costs of such events...not only actual costs but also accept the health risks.

If my interpretation is correct, we have a case where Indigenousness is a clear case of positive discrimination (Indigenous being allowed what others are not). Also, if my understanding of what happened is correct, society has to bear costs of such events...not only actual costs but also accept the health risks.
    I have no idea how you can keep such demons in your head for so long. Especially against our native folk who were sending off one of their elders. If you had a loving partner you would be a changed person I think. When you depart consciousness who will be by your side as that elder had? Is your psychologial state that different to our Bobby F or Lloyd Fell? I appreciate the respect and love that the Aborigines were determined to show for their elder. They could be richer than you.
    Zionism is racism as defined by the UN, Israel by every dirty means available steals land and water, kill Palestinian freedom fighters and civilians, and operates an apartheid system to drive more Palestinians off their land

You've got plenty of illegal activity in Victoria to be outraged about, without frothing at the mouth about a legal activity in Queensland

Coronavirus Victoria: Thousands dobbed into police for breaking COVID-19 rules

Back packers with 20 cars decided to have a gathering to see some special moon event up on "my" hill. Byron is already virus hotspot and they were severely flouting regulations so I dobbed them in. The cops told me were completely run off their feet but would try as it was a massive gathering. My own health is at risk and they completely flout SD rules every where.

CC Grandmaster
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Murray View Post
    You've got plenty of illegal activity in Victoria to be outraged about, without frothing at the mouth about a legal activity in Queensland

So they get fines! Good! I trust so do people of Queensland. Nobody lets Victorians do things ''since they would do it regardless''. - This is how it should be.

... Nobody lets Victorians do things ''since they would do it regardless''. -
    Nor Queenslanders

So they get fines! Good! I trust so do people of Queensland. Nobody lets Victorians do things ''since they would do it regardless''. - This is how it should be.
    What about if they cancelled public holidays for horse races and VFL occasions I am sure many would instantly suffer from bone spurs

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Murray View Post

Indeed, more generally Vic was found to have equal to or higher crime rate than Qld in all of the following categories (ones in bold are higher rate, others are equal):

Personal crime victimisation rates, Australia, 2016-17
    Physical assault
    Face-to-face threatened assault
    Non face-to-face threatened assault
    Robbery
    Sexual assault

Also Vic had a higher murder/homicide rate in '16-'17.
    So what's your excuse? To run like the devil's chasing you.

See you in another life, brotha.

Quote Originally Posted by Desmond View Post
    Indeed, more generally Vic was found to have equal to or higher crime rate than Qld in all of the following categories (ones in bold are higher rate, others are equal):

Personal crime victimisation rates, Australia, 2016-17
    Physical assault
    Face-to-face threatened assault
    Non face-to-face threatened assault
    Robbery
    Sexual assault

Also Vic had a higher murder/homicide rate in '16-'17.
    Michael does deserve or respect high class answers. If he did he would not be digging cases out of the swamp. It's a case of to change the world he has to change himself first.

Thread Information