Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 26343536
    CC Grandmaster
    Quote Originally Posted by ER View Post
    • Which of the hundreds of indigenous tribes, (often at war amongst them) with as many languages and geographically thousands of miles apart are we called to examine?
    • Indigenous including of course Torres Strait Islanders aren't homogenous in terms of culture, language, lifestyles etc. They, don't belong to one nation, because such a concept was unknown to indigenous!
    We are not called to examine. We are called to give them all preferential treatment unconditionally on the basis of ethnicity.
    Interested in Chess Lessons?
    Email webbaron!@gmail.com for more Info!

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelBaron View Post
    We are not called to examine. We are called to give them all preferential treatment unconditionally on the basis of ethnicity.
    Exactly because of historical injustices. 200 years ago the squatters etc had exactly the same attitude towards Aborigines as you now. That stealing was wrong and equality punished. Well the Aborigines had just their land stolen so had no kangaroos to eat so had to eat a good side of squatter mutton as was the only tucker left on the supermarket shelf. So white hunting parties with rifles wiped out the Aborigines in return. Just for wanting to feed their children off their land. So your dinosaur attitude is 200 shocking years old and though highly educated you have learned nothing about life.
    Zionism is racism as defined by the UN, Israel by every dirty means available steals land and water, kill Palestinian freedom fighters and civilians, and operates an apartheid system to drive more Palestinians off their land

I never opposed compensation of those who personally suffered damage/were treated unfairly.
    Did you learn anything from being raised by your parents? Did it offer you any advantages in life? Would your life had turned out differently if you were forcibly taken from them?
    So what's your excuse? To run like the devil's chasing you.

See you in another life, brotha.

CC Grandmaster
    Quote Originally Posted by Desmond View Post
    Did you learn anything from being raised by your parents? Did it offer you any advantages in life? Would your life had turned out differently if you were forcibly taken from them?
    As I said above, I never opposed compensation of those who were treated unfairly. However, I am referring to Individuals. If someone was unjustly taken away from parents - of course he/she should be compensated. But it should not mean that every single person who identifies himself/herself as indigenous should be getting additional entitlements. I think I made this point quite clear.

As I said above, I never opposed compensation of those who were treated unfairly. However, I am referring to Individuals. If someone was unjustly taken away from parents - of course he/she should be compensated. But it should not mean that every single person who identifies himself/herself as indigenous should be getting additional entitlements. I think I made this point quite clear.
    Why would you expect the descendants of the stolen generation to not suffer the adverse outcomes? Outcomes such as poverty, health coutcomes, employment, education, being a victim of abuse, and so on. See here:

Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Stolen Generations and descendants: numbers, demographic characteristics and selected outcomes (Full publication; [30July2018] edition) (AIHW)

4. Health and socioeconomic outcomes of descendants
    At a glance
    Analysis from 2014–15 NATSISS

• Analysis of 38 selected health, cultural and socioeconomic outcomes shows that, in
    general, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people aged 18 and over who reported
    being descendants of all people removed were also more likely to experience adverse
    outcomes than comparable people in their reference group (that is, people who did not
    experience any type of removal from family). (The results in this chapter are simple
    mean values and their comparisons, and they do not control for the effects of other
    factors—see Chapter 5 for multivariate analyses.)

• Among the descendants: 75% had experienced stress in the past 12 months, 48% had
    experienced discrimination in the last 12 months, 41% had been ever charged by police,
    34% had poor mental health, 34% had risky alcohol consumption (short-term) in the last
    12 months, and 31% had used substances in the last 12 months.

CC Grandmaster
    Quote Originally Posted by Desmond View Post
    Why would you expect the descendants of the stolen generation to not suffer the adverse outcomes? Outcomes such as poverty, health coutcomes, employment, education, being a victim of abuse, and so on. See here:

Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Stolen Generations and descendants: numbers, demographic characteristics and selected outcomes (Full publication; [30July2018] edition) (AIHW)

4. Health and socioeconomic outcomes of descendants
    At a glance
    Analysis from 2014–15 NATSISS

• Analysis of 38 selected health, cultural and socioeconomic outcomes shows that, in
    general, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people aged 18 and over who reported
    being descendants of all people removed were also more likely to experience adverse
    outcomes than comparable people in their reference group (that is, people who did not
    experience any type of removal from family). (The results in this chapter are simple
    mean values and their comparisons, and they do not control for the effects of other
    factors—see Chapter 5 for multivariate analyses.)

• Among the descendants: 75% had experienced stress in the past 12 months, 48% had
    experienced discrimination in the last 12 months, 41% had been ever charged by police,
    34% had poor mental health, 34% had risky alcohol consumption (short-term) in the last
    12 months, and 31% had used substances in the last 12 months.
    Is this because they are ''descendants'' - discrimination should be a separate category from ''risky alcohol consumption'' etc. there is also something called ''self-responsibility''.

Is this because they are ''descendants'' - discrimination should be a separate category from ''risky alcohol consumption'' etc. there is also something called ''self-responsibility''.

Michael, I know white skinned Italians who have changed their name and neglected their culture to avoid racism in Australia, they didn't teach teach children any of their culture due to them not wanting their children to be discriminated against. They would have been post WW2 migrants. I went through sometimes strong mental and physical racial abuse until about 1980 but came out of it okay but others were not as mentally strong as myself and they permanently suffered and didn't achieve a fraction of what they deserved. I was lucky I had a few excellent boxers in my family and I was great with a big rock or lump of wood. No one was going to arrange my female-loved face. Some of our attackers ended up in hospital but never the other way around. At a school re-union decades later our ex enemies gave us credit how we dished it out to them.

Well Michael, Aborigines can't change their skin colour to avoid racism, they were highly "discouraged" or never even attended school in rural areas. They were not even on the roll as they could not vote. I don't even know if their births were registered if outside a hospital, if they attended hospital. In many instances they only paid about 1/10 of legal salary for a white man. They were not allowed in swimming pools so had to swim in often dirty rivers that caused infections. I know of many white people who end up homeless and broken because of a nasty divorce etc, these people you also pick on. But the Aborigines copped it a lot worse than any white man. This may not be directly concerned with policing but the police often take a brutal attitude to the Aborigines that make the Aborigines more marginal and felt as outcasts so why try. Some magistrates see the same parade of Aborigines always brought in on minor offences often aggravated by police provocation as well as understanding the extremely unfair background of being an Aborigine. So they attempt alternatives and even leniency. I have explained a dozen times the differences between the races but I realise that I am only wasting my time. But always remember that it is their land not yours or mine - we only received stolen goods.
    Zionism is racism as defined by the UN, Israel by every dirty means available steals land and water, kill Palestinian freedom fighters and civilians, and operates an apartheid system to drive more Palestinians off their land

Quote Originally Posted by antichrist View Post
    Michael, I know white skinned Italians who have changed their name and neglected their culture to avoid racism in Australia, .
    No racism just a payback for being on the enemy side and killed our boys, although we annihilated them at Tobruk. Japs got a bit of a good serve but kept quite! Look at the Italians today, Australia not a racist country.
    Maybe you are obsessed with your childhood experience ... Considering the concentrated frog shit you come up with particularly with that indigenous dreamtime crap you keep on dribbling you either must have grown up as an orphan in a jail or hmm I can think think of some other places but hey...
    ACF 3118316
    FIDE 3201457

https://aus2020.chesschamp.net/

In defense of Capitalism.
    Money is the cause of all evil!
    Wrong
    Lack of money is the cause of all evil!

Thread Information