Page 33 of 40 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast
    CC Grandmaster
    https://www.9news.com.au/national/20...=Social-9NewsM

According to the article a) there is under-reporting of the South Sudanese Crimes and b) police reluctant to make arrests....
    As the article points out, the problem keeps snowballing indeed...
    Interested in Chess Lessons?
    Email webbaron!@gmail.com for more Info!

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelBaron View Post
    https://www.9news.com.au/national/20...=Social-9NewsM

According to the article a) there is under-reporting of the South Sudanese Crimes and b) police reluctant to make arrests....
    As the article points out, the problem keeps snowballing indeed...
    You need to exercise a bit of critical thinking when viewing/reading this sort of material. Given that Channel 9 tends to sensationalise its local news reporting, we're left with some blurred images of white youths and some African-appearing. A Federal Liberal politician lambasts the State Police and, by extension, the State Labor government. A Police deputy commissioner dismisses the allegations.

So what to make of all that? It can't be accepted at face value - treat with a healthy dose of scepticism.

Monster of the deep Kevin Bonham's Avatar
    Posts moved

A series of posts about drug injecting rooms and drug policing have been moved to a new thread.

http://www.chesschat.org/showthread....njecting-rooms

Time to stop punishing the unemployed
    Eureka Street

A Senate inquiry is peeling back the façade of Australia’s purgatory for unemployed people, showing the harm, the futility and the infuriating uselessness of jobactive, the latest incarnation of our privatised employment system.

Instead of helping people get work by taking the time to work through their problems or actually listening to unemployed people, they are subject to a wide range of compliance measures, to ward off their purported dole bludging tendencies. They must do hours of Work for the Dole (WFTD), attend useless training, take drug and alcohol tests, not have access to cash, go to parenting classes, all regardless of their skills, interests or other responsibilities, all administered by various job agencies, now known as jobactive.

Since the 90s, Australia’s income support system and employment services have shifted to an ever harsher regime of compliance and penalty, while failing to find work for hundreds of thousands of people....

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Murray View Post
    Eureka Street

A Senate inquiry is peeling back the façade of Australia’s purgatory for unemployed people, showing the harm, the futility and the infuriating uselessness of jobactive, the latest incarnation of our privatised employment system.

Instead of helping people get work by taking the time to work through their problems or actually listening to unemployed people, they are subject to a wide range of compliance measures, to ward off their purported dole bludging tendencies. They must do hours of Work for the Dole (WFTD), attend useless training, take drug and alcohol tests, not have access to cash, go to parenting classes, all regardless of their skills, interests or other responsibilities, all administered by various job agencies, now known as jobactive.

Since the 90s, Australia’s income support system and employment services have shifted to an ever harsher regime of compliance and penalty, while failing to find work for hundreds of thousands of people....
    I agree with some of these. I have seen very able-bodied men up here do drugs, mess up their head and then forever on social welfare including housing. Whereas that housing was meant for the elderly and the druggies then stuff it up for the elderly by being psychotic etc.. Give them a garden out of town and a tent and let them survive and thrive on their own wits with their family helping them.
    Zionism is racism as defined by the UN, Israel by every dirty means available steals land and water, kill Palestinian freedom fighters and civilians, and operates an apartheid system to drive more Palestinians off their land

CC Grandmaster
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Murray View Post
    Eureka Street

All true, but nobody can change their lives...without them being prepared to work hard to change! RE ''punishing'' asking people to search for jobs is NOT punishing. And yes, current job search services appear to be not as efficient as i would love them to be.

All true, but nobody can change their lives...without them being prepared to work hard to change! RE ''punishing'' asking people to search for jobs is NOT punishing. And yes, current job search services appear to be not as efficient as i would love them to be.
    Workers comp has increased dramatically over the years and the boss must supply an abn etc. so the agencies cannot refer them for temporary work unless the employee have their own insurance etc.. Now what I came across you must take a policy out for a year and not just by the quarter as previously so another disincentive if only short term work.
    Zionism is racism as defined by the UN, Israel by every dirty means available steals land and water, kill Palestinian freedom fighters and civilians, and operates an apartheid system to drive more Palestinians off their land

CC Grandmaster
    https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/austr...cid=spartanntp

Quote: Kelly has been widely criticised for making her partner ‘Damo’ live in a separate house so she could continue receiving the single parent pension

So...shall we support her financially while she is making children for living?

https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/austr...cid=spartanntp

Quote: Kelly has been widely criticised for making her partner ‘Damo’ live in a separate house so she could continue receiving the single parent pension

So...shall we support her financially while she is making children for living?
    My first cousin once removed bore a soccer team full, the ref was in the oven when my cousin died. There was no social security in 1945 and he was probably appreciated due to war when the manta became populate or perish. Being a businessman he was able to support them quite okay. Buy hey what about the earth? His wife who bore the children outlived him by about 40 years and could still be alive.

Now Michael when are you going to make your stab in the dark?

CC Grandmaster
    Quote Originally Posted by antichrist View Post
    My first cousin once removed bore a soccer team full, the ref was in the oven when my cousin died. There was no social security in 1945 and he was probably appreciated due to war when the manta became populate or perish. Being a businessman he was able to support them quite okay. Buy hey what about the earth? His wife who bore the children outlived him by about 40 years and could still be alive.

Now Michael when are you going to make your stab in the dark?
    If not for social security, would the lady featuring in the article have 9 kids?

If not for social security, would the lady featuring in the article have 9 kids?
    As an environmentalist I would consider that social welfare should only be for the first child to discourage over populating the earth. Your hero John Howard encouraged such women over breeding by introducing the baby bonus to get more whites instead of coloured migrants.

CC Grandmaster
    As an environmentalist I would consider that social welfare should only be for the first child to discourage over populating the earth. Your hero John Howard encouraged such women over breeding by introducing the baby bonus to get more whites instead of coloured migrants.
    As a realist, I say once a child is born we have to take care of the CHILD not the MOTHER. Re your understanding of John Howard's initiative to ''breed' - sorry to say but your understanding of what he was talking about is overly-primitive.

As a realist, I say once a child is born we have to take care of the CHILD not the MOTHER. Re your understanding of John Howard's initiative to ''breed' - sorry to say but your understanding of what he was talking about is overly-primitive.

Well two adults canoodling like monkeys under a coolabah tree to have one for the nation is pretty primitive I would say. I know that modern sophisticated folk like yourself shun the idea. So will the mother, barefoot and hungry, sleep outside on the street of the kids home? She could rent out her body to produce babies in a modern sophisticated manner - via test tube for such suitable folk.

CC Grandmaster
    Well two adults canoodling like monkeys under a coolabah tree to have one for the nation is pretty primitive I would say. I know that modern sophisticated folk like yourself shun the idea. So will the mother, barefoot and hungry, sleep outside on the street of the kids home? She could rent out her body to produce babies in a modern sophisticated manner - via test tube for such suitable folk.
    If mother admits to having kids to receive payments - can be stripped of parenting rights! Kids are not for claiming centerlink payments. By the way, I noticed that other than AC nobody else decided to comment on that article

If mother admits to having kids to receive payments - can be stripped of parenting rights! Kids are not for claiming centerlink payments. By the way, I noticed that other than AC nobody else decided to comment on that article
    I think that says more about your self than others. The only plus about that family I can think of is that those children when grown could shun what their mother done and ensure they do not copy. It occurs with hippy families here and social welfare families - a feisty one comes along about every second generation. You can blame Gough Whitlam's generous single parent benefits that help created this situation. Before Gough the illegitimate baby was often arbitrarily adopted out without consent or with manufactured consent from the mother. Or the mother was forced to work and support the child themselves - often the grandparents/relos cared for the child during the day before childcare came into existence.

Thread Information