Page 58 of 60 FirstFirst ... 8485657585960 LastLast
    CC Grandmaster
    https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=446562282592361

Shared this video with my students today during the break....they were asking me how could it be that some Australians say there are no jobs...while all international students who want one can get one .

That got their questions answered .
    Interested in Chess Lessons?
    Email webbaron!@gmail.com for more Info!

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelBaron View Post

Shared this video with my students today during the break....they were asking me how could it be that some Australians say there are no jobs...while all international students who want one can get one .
    Australians are not so easily exploited

Report reveals shocking exploitation of international students, backpackers

WAGE THEFT IN AUSTRALIA Findings of the National Temporary Migrant Work Survey

That got their questions answered .
    In Byron the English language students were getting paid $7 an hour in some restaurants
    Zionism is racism as defined by the UN, Israel by every dirty means available steals land and water, kill Palestinian freedom fighters and civilians, and operates an apartheid system to drive more Palestinians off their land

CC Grandmaster
    I bet that guy in the video is hard to exploit....very hard to exploit...cause he does nothing! Do not tell me you've never met such gentlemen in your local pub...I've seen plenty of them.
    Re exploitation, they are exploited cause want to work...this is why its important to educate them more about their rights - and this is what I do! Those whoa re exploited are victims. Those are lazy, stupid and do not work (like the one shown in the video) - what would you call them?

I bet that guy in the video is hard to exploit....very hard to exploit...cause he does nothing! Do not tell me you've never met such gentlemen in your local pub...I've seen plenty of them.
    Re exploitation, they are exploited cause want to work...this is why its important to educate them more about their rights - and this is what I do! Those whoa re exploited are victims. Those are lazy, stupid and do not work (like the one shown in the video) - what would you call them?
    It's a cartoon, Michael. A spoof, a comedy. Australians do make fun of themselves. It's not meant to be taken literally.

To watch them in sequence, here's the first two episodes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmL72sgVdAQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ow0xZG9XZ5w

But Michael your home country is in the same category, that Chinese foto guy I was telling you about also did a tour of Russia and he declared that Russia and Oz are the same - full of drunks. You should be used to such people.
    Zionism is racism as defined by the UN, Israel by every dirty means available steals land and water, kill Palestinian freedom fighters and civilians, and operates an apartheid system to drive more Palestinians off their land

CC Grandmaster
    Quote Originally Posted by antichrist View Post
    But Michael your home country is in the same category, that Chinese foto guy I was telling you about also did a tour of Russia and he declared that Russia and Oz are the same - full of drunks. You should be used to such people.
    The very comparison between a developing economy (China) and a country that has been exploiting its richness in natural resources (Russia) yet developing poorly is not valid.

The very comparison between a developing economy (China) and a country that has been exploiting its richness in natural resources (Russia) yet developing poorly is not valid.
    China a developing economy? It is so developed that I am afraid to re-visit due to all the overdevelopment since 1980. Russia's welfare spending collapsed with the collapse of communism. Gorbachev could not control excessive alcoholism but China could control excessive breeding (for awhile).

CC Grandmaster
    Quote Originally Posted by antichrist View Post
    China a developing economy? It is so developed that I am afraid to re-visit due to all the overdevelopment since 1980. Russia's welfare spending collapsed with the collapse of communism. Gorbachev could not control excessive alcoholism but China could control excessive breeding (for awhile).
    China is a developing economy because it develops...Australia is busy fighting Global warming and saying sorry and thank you to each other

China is a developing economy because it develops...Australia is busy fighting Global warming and saying sorry and thank you to each other
    China has surpassed its 2020 climate goals under the Paris Accord, and still aims to peak before 2030 under the Accord.

China vows to improve action on climate change as it prepares for UN summit
    Financial Review

China says it can "do better" on policies to tackle climate change after hitting its existing carbon emission targets early, but the world's biggest polluter stopped short of committing to new goals ahead of a key United Nations climate change summit in Poland next month.

China's top official overseeing climate change also took a swipe at US President Donald Trump's decision to pull out of the Paris accord last year and said on Monday that developed countries should do more to help poorer nations fund alternative energy sources.

In a separate briefing, Chinese officials said it was still too early to expand a nationwide emissions trading scheme (ETS) to other sectors outside of power generation, lowering expectations that the world's second-largest economy was moving closer to putting a price on carbon....

... Do not tell me you've never met such gentlemen in your local pub...I've seen plenty of them....
    You must frequent some peculiar pubs. Nowadays most Australians go to pubs to eat, not drink. Pubs can no longer survive selling beer (21 pubs and bars close each week), they have to serve coffee and good meals, plus added value like live music and gaming.

Even country pubs have to change their business models to stay in business

CC Grandmaster
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Murray View Post
    You must frequent some peculiar pubs. Nowadays most Australians go to pubs to eat, not drink. Pubs can no longer survive selling beer (21 pubs and bars close each week), they have to serve coffee and good meals, plus added value like live music and gaming.

Even country pubs have to change their business models to stay in business
    I still see people drinking their occasionally....of course since I mostly go out in the city rather than working class areas there are less groups of ''mates'' that I encounter when compared to surburban places ...

I still see people drinking their occasionally....of course since I mostly go out in the city rather than working class areas there are less groups of ''mates'' that I encounter when compared to surburban places ...
    First you say you've seen "plenty of them", now you say you "see people drinking their[sic] occasionally". Like I say, pub drinking is in decline since the aggressive police campaigning against drink-driving

Developing economy is defined to differentiate it from a developed economy. How many sorries and thank you count in those video of Aussie gentlemen at Centrelink and on the train station?

Thread Information