Page 2 of 47 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Monster of the deep Kevin Bonham's Avatar
    Rod Culleton has quit One Nation and will continue as an independent - assuming that his career survives the current High Court challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Bonham View Post
    Rod Culleton has quit One Nation and will continue as an independent - assuming that his career survives the current High Court challenge.
    Is ONA on the road to imploding again?

Reader in Slood Dynamics Rincewind's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Murray View Post
    Hard to say but they claim to be contesting 36 seats at the next Queensland election, so let's see how that goes first.
    So einfach wie möglich, aber nicht einfacher - Albert Einstein

Not in our name: Melbourne's Jewish community does not support One Nation
    The Guardian -

...Jewish communities understand better than most the dangers of populist politicking. We know that without the ability to flee persecution and genocide abroad for the safe haven of Australia, much of our community would not be alive today.

We know that in the Holocaust’s aftermath, 58% of Australians opposed Jews being granted asylum down under. They had a number of all-too-familiar fears about poor integration, cultural clashes and more. Today, it is hard to imagine Australia without its significant Jewish contribution. Twenty years ago, Hanson spread her anti-Asian agenda, suggesting some “invasion” was to blame for job and economic insecurity facing Australians. She was wrong. Australians of Asian extraction are well integrated and good citizens. In 2016, with similar job and economic insecurity abounding, Hanson has now raised the bogey of Islam.

Without much luck. Across the two federal seats covering Caulfield, Goldstein and Melbourne Ports, Hanson’s One Nation polled between 0.38% and 0.40%. In the six booths across Caulfield, One Nation polled a total of 26 votes, most with similar percentages. Even combined with the more explicitly anti-Islam party the Australian Liberty Alliance, the anti-Islam bloc failed to total 1% in the heart of Melbourne’s Jewish community. ...

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Murray View Post
    The claim is that WA One Nation is just a rogue branch but it does go to poor organisation that One Nation didn't get the problem sorted (probably because they never thought they would win outside Queensland.)

CC Grandmaster
    Culleton has been declared bankrupt, subject to appeal. So his career in Parliament is likely over.

Yes, reports indicate he has a 21 day stay in order to appeal, but after that unless he can win the appeal he'll be gone. In that case, we will still have to wait for resolution of the previous case to find out how he is replaced. Bankruptcy is a casual vacancy, not a retrospective disqualification.

If it is a casual vacancy the question of how One Nation determines his replacement to the satisfaction of the WA Parliament might get curly.

One Nation is centrally registered so it seems that Hanson + co, not WA PHON, would decide who to nominate as the replacement if it is a casual vacancy.

http://kevinbonham.blogspot.com.au/2...-have-you.html

How many federal electorates have you visited?

This timewaster may be of interest to some here but please check the groundrules in the post - just travelling through an electorate doesn't count, have to actually go there for a purpose other than getting from A to B.

Personally interested in my work life (Data Architect at NPSMedicineWise) in the new Health Minister. It is Greg Hunt, who also gets another interest of mine - Sport.
    God exists. Short and to the point.

Secretary of, and regularly arbiter at, Rooty Hill RSL Chess Club. See www.rootyhillchessclub.org.

Psephological insight. "Controversial will only lose you votes. Courageous will lose you the election." Sir Humphrey Appleby on Yes Minister.

Favorite movie line: Girl friend Cathy to Jack Ryan in "Sum of all Fears". "What kind of emergency does an historian have?".

Quote Originally Posted by Adamski View Post
    Personally interested in my work life (Data Architect at NPSMedicineWise) in the new Health Minister. It is Greg Hunt, who also gets another interest of mine - Sport.
    Not a fan of the Great Barrier Reef, huh?
    meep meep

Quote Originally Posted by road runner View Post
    Not a fan of the Great Barrier Reef, huh?
    Sorry to say I have rarely seen any of it first hand.
    God exists. Short and to the point.

Secretary of, and regularly arbiter at, Rooty Hill RSL Chess Club. See www.rootyhillchessclub.org.

Psephological insight. "Controversial will only lose you votes. Courageous will lose you the election." Sir Humphrey Appleby on Yes Minister.

Favorite movie line: Girl friend Cathy to Jack Ryan in "Sum of all Fears". "What kind of emergency does an historian have?".

Quote Originally Posted by Adamski View Post
    Sorry to say I have rarely seen any of it first hand.
    I really hope you're joking.
    meep meep

I was wondering who they would move into Environment but discovered Frydenberg has been there for six months without appearing on my radar.

I was wondering who they would move into Environment but discovered Frydenberg has been there for six months without appearing on my radar.
    Hopefully a bona fide environment minister, not environment destruction justification minister.
    meep meep

Thread Information