CC Candidate Master

New account not approved for Blukey - sort out please

Hi admins,

My son aged 12 tried to create an account under Blukey but was declined. He's very careful to check all terms and conditions and doesn't think he has violated any of them by asking to join (I haven't checked, am just taking his word for it).

Please sort this out - it is pretty random and disappointing to get a 'doesn't meet terms and conditions' message without any explanation of what condition he's supposedly breached.

Cheers
    Flukey

CC International Master Kaitlin's Avatar
    There this bit from "How to Register for a Account" ....

If you are under the age of 13, the administrator may require that a parent or guardian provide consent before allowing you to complete the registration process. More information about this is available during the registration process.

... not sure what the more information bit is though.

I'm sure a admin will sort it for yous
    Last edited by Kaitlin; 27-07-2016 at 06:49 PM.
    .. this Caketin is full of little spiders and watermelon seeds.....

..Chess is all about fear and psychology

..Chess is like an exam..... you havent studied for

..If you're good at Chess it means you are very intelligent and could potentialy do great things
    ..... but that you might have wasted that playing way too much chess

CC Candidate Master
    Ta for that! But still very bizarre to just decline without mentioning this, or indeed any other, reason.

Yeah.... I guess it should it should say something like ... you can contact a adim here bit.... but hey, complaining to Dad works just as well

You have to remember that Chess Chat has been around for a long time, probably before trolling and spamming became recgonised full time professions. And admins do a good job at stopping those accounts so a hic cup now and then might happen .

Congrats on your win

..If you're good at Chess it means you are very intelligent and could potentialy do great things

CC Candidate Master
    ha! He wasn't so much complaining but very perturbed he was being accused of a breach of the terms and conditions - he is just about the only person who I know who actually reads the online terms and conditions in advance!!!

Reader in Slood Dynamics Rincewind's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by flukey View Post
    Hi admins,

My son aged 12 tried to create an account under Blukey but was declined. He's very careful to check all terms and conditions and doesn't think he has violated any of them by asking to join (I haven't checked, am just taking his word for it).

Please sort this out - it is pretty random and disappointing to get a 'doesn't meet terms and conditions' message without any explanation of what condition he's supposedly breached.

Cheers
    Flukey
    Hi Flukey,

I can't see a user declined or waiting to be moderated so I suspect whatever the reason for the decline it must have happened before the admins get involved. Perhaps if you can post a screen shot of the message it would assist.

Thanks
    So einfach wie möglich, aber nicht einfacher - Albert Einstein

Oh .. one time guess what happened. ..

I filled out a form online and got to the end and it had a tick the box you agree with the terms and conditions. ... so I started to read them and skim because there was pages, I skimmed over heaps. Then when I went to tick the box that I had read them it said... you have been timed out. So I started filling it in again and then it said.... my name and email was already used ! (but I hadn't completed it the first time so I didn't get a Account number or get to put in a password).

I had to ring up and try to explain to them what happened and that it wouldnt let me reuse my own name and that there is no way you could actually read the terms and conditions in the time alloted .... I don't think they cared
    Last edited by Kaitlin; 27-07-2016 at 08:04 PM.

CC International Master Agent Smith's Avatar
    Haha... The common use of "terms and conditions" is just ridiculous.

At least the young lad is
    not signing up for the nuthut.
    Ruin is formal, devil's work,
    Consecutive and slow -
    Fail in an instance no man did,
    Slipping - is Crash's law,

Quote Originally Posted by flukey View Post
    ha! He wasn't so much complaining but very perturbed he was being accused of a breach of the terms and conditions - he is just about the only person who I know who actually reads the online terms and conditions in advance!!!
    So having a lawyer for a father doesn't explain it?
    “If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.” — Abba Eban on the UN general assembly

“You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.” — Obi-Wan Kenobi on the UN kakistocracy

Still no Blukey in the members list .... but our newest member is Hữu15668 (edit was).

I think Rincewind ment, try to Register again and if a message come up again screen shot that one.... as your son probably wouldn't have thought to screen shot the first one... yet ... :

I just finished watching a BBC period drama call Garrow's Law... before Garrow defendants had no rights.. as they were already prisoners even though not proven guilty ... it's on youtube https://youtu.be/-u9yoWpvrnE

Monster of the deep Kevin Bonham's Avatar
    I've tried to replicate this one without success. The terms and conditions bit is just a check box at the bottom. If you don't click the checkbox you get rejected. Age isn't an issue; you're not asked your age during the registration process and I was able to sign up an account, edit the age to make it six years old and carry on just fine.

The most common reason signups get rejected is that they have used an email domain or an IP address that have been blocked for spam control reasons, but in that case the message should be different.

Thread Information