Page 64 of 66 FirstFirst ... 14546263646566 LastLast

Thread: Asylum seekers

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelBaron View Post
    Do you consider the possibility that government may be wrong?
    All the time! Importing people to inflate markets to keep our GDP growth above 2% is allowing the inmates to run the asylum.

Quote Originally Posted by road runner View Post
    If you're looking for professional migrants, just catch an uber
    Which is bad news for not-too-capable Aussies in that miss the chance for dead-end jobs that some of them are only suitable for. Otherwise Michael will be complaining about them being on social security. There is a hole in the bucket dear Lisa dear Lisa
    Zionism is racism as defined by the UN, Israel by every dirty means available steals land and water, kill Palestinian freedom fighters and civilians, and operates an apartheid system to drive more Palestinians off their land

Never ending growth is possible just in theory. In practice though we should try to develop our economy as much as we can!
    Why?

https://www.theatlantic.com/business...growth/506423/

Made Australia Great Again - Michael for Prime Minister 2050

I have no doubt that Michael is following Donald J Trump's presidential handbook. The Sudanese to Michael is what the Mexicans are to Donald Trump - convenient political scapegoats to be dealt with and used as fodder in a campaign to Made Australia Great Again MAGA. Michael's reaction to social security recipients is his Birther agenda. Now all is being set for Michael's 2050 prime ministerial candidature when he will be the same age of Trump when "winning" the presidency. But he is a bit slack on the skirt side??? But I can help him out there even arranging a trophy wife for him.
    Zionism is racism as defined by the UN, Israel by every dirty means available steals land and water, kill Palestinian freedom fighters and civilians, and operates an apartheid system to drive more Palestinians off their land

CC Grandmaster
    Quote Originally Posted by antichrist View Post
    I have no doubt that Michael is following Donald J Trump's presidential handbook. The Sudanese to Michael is what the Mexicans are to Donald Trump - convenient political scapegoats to be dealt with and used as fodder in a campaign to Made Australia Great Again MAGA. Michael's reaction to social security recipients is his Birther agenda. Now all is being set for Michael's 2050 prime ministerial candidature when he will be the same age of Trump when "winning" the presidency. But he is a bit slack on the skirt side??? But I can help him out there even arranging a trophy wife for him.
    Michael for Prime Minister is not going to succeed now...but 2050 ...lets see . Re trophy wife...thx, but not sure your social networks include kinds of girls I am into .
    Interested in Chess Lessons?
    Email webbaron!@gmail.com for more Info!

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Murray View Post
    Asylum seekers obviously want to reach somewhere where they are safeand can rebuild a normal life. Australia tried to dump them in Nauru, Cambodia ad PNG, at a cost of billions of taxpayer dollars, but rejected a free offer from New Zealand to resettle some there. So who's the villain.

Welcome to Cambodia: What Australia isn't telling refugees

Rohingya Muslim refugees face fresh misery as Bangladesh welcome runs out

Australia/PNG: Refugees Face Unchecked Violence
    If there was such an offer..very disappointed that our government rejected. Such offer by NZ should have been taken! No idea what they were thinking.
    They were thinking - that there's more votes in having a detention crisis to blame Labor for than in solving it.

A bit surprising you hadn't heard of the NZ offer, given how much you bellyache on the topic. Actually, maybe it's not that surprising.
    Another chance looms to transfer refugees to New Zealand

Australia has another chance to transfer refugees from Manus Island or Nauru in a renewed offer from New Zealand to resettle 150 people, just as Papua New Guinea demands the closure of the detention centre on its soil. New Zealand Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern said her government remained willing to accept the refugees on humanitarian grounds, confirming the number of places during her visit to Australia last Friday.

But Prime Minister Scott Morrison has rejected the chance to resettle the refugees on the grounds it would weaken border security.

Ms Ardern told The Sydney Morning Herald and The Age that the offer remained on the table and could be used to resettle 150 refugees, while emphasising it would cover people with approved refugee status.

“We’ve consistently made it,” Ms Ardern said. “The Australian government knows that it’s there. We’ve always said that it’s a matter ultimately for them. However, of course we’ve always said as well it would be an offer for refugees. So that’s the area where we would make sure New Zealand’s input would be.”

The offer was first made by former New Zealand Prime Minister John Key in February 2013 and was continued under his successors, Bill English and Ms Ardern. While the Gillard government accepted the original offer, Tony Abbott rejected it upon becoming Prime Minister in September 2013. ...
    meep meep

CC Grandmaster
    Another chance looms to transfer refugees to New Zealand

Australia has another chance to transfer refugees from Manus Island or Nauru in a renewed offer from New Zealand to resettle 150 people, just as Papua New Guinea demands the closure of the detention centre on its soil. New Zealand Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern said her government remained willing to accept the refugees on humanitarian grounds, confirming the number of places during her visit to Australia last Friday.

But Prime Minister Scott Morrison has rejected the chance to resettle the refugees on the grounds it would weaken border security.

Ms Ardern told The Sydney Morning Herald and The Age that the offer remained on the table and could be used to resettle 150 refugees, while emphasising it would cover people with approved refugee status.

“We’ve consistently made it,” Ms Ardern said. “The Australian government knows that it’s there. We’ve always said that it’s a matter ultimately for them. However, of course we’ve always said as well it would be an offer for refugees. So that’s the area where we would make sure New Zealand’s input would be.”

The offer was first made by former New Zealand Prime Minister John Key in February 2013 and was continued under his successors, Bill English and Ms Ardern. While the Gillard government accepted the original offer, Tony Abbott rejected it upon becoming Prime Minister in September 2013. ...
    I say we should grab the opportunity and give them all to NZ other than the ones, that we can identify as valuable contributions (based on work experience, language proficiency levels, criminal record etc.) to our country. Indeed a great opportunity to get rid of them. It is a win win situation for all (at least for now while NZ thinks it's good to take them).

I say we should grab the opportunity and give them all to NZ other than the ones, that we can identify as valuable contributions (based on work experience, language proficiency levels, criminal record etc.) to our country. Indeed a great opportunity to get rid of them. It is a win win situation for all (at least for now while NZ thinks it's good to take them).
    Michael a few of our abattoirs over the mountains are heavily staffed by migrants who would not fit your criteria but appreciate the chance to prove themselves and improve their lives. They have stayed in their jobs for years and settled in okay. People who fit your criteria probably would not want to live in isolated non-cosmopolitan environment or would run once their two year condition is met. You will find that the most grisly crimes are performed by butchers because they are used to blood and guts but don't let that put you off. They are all virtually refugees from the Middle East and parts of northern Asia.

So why do you think the coalition has failed to take the option for the last 6 years?
    meep meep

CC Grandmaster
    So why do you think the coalition has failed to take the option for the last 6 years?
    I do not know but the way the option is presented above, it looks good to me! Given that Coalition apparently agrees with me that refugees are a liability i would expect them to like the option.

I do not know but the way the option is presented above, it looks good to me! Given that Coalition apparently agrees with me that refugees are a liability i would expect them to like the option.
    Actually I think the coalition finds the refugees to be a very useful political weapon to hit labor with, and prefers to do so rather than solving the problem.
    meep meep

CC Grandmaster
    Actually I think the coalition finds the refugees to be a very useful political weapon to hit labor with, and prefers to do so rather than solving the problem.
    I agree, but also given that Labour would be more likely to take more refugees into Australia...I would probably like their policies even less...

The official justification is that sending refugees to NZ would threaten our border security. Truly.

CC Grandmaster
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Murray View Post
    The official justification is that sending refugees to NZ would threaten our border security. Truly.
    You can guess, that I certainly think that our security is threatened much more by not sending them to NZ ...by keeping them on the island...we will inevitably have to take them into Australia eventually and therefore, our economic and security burdens would be greater.
    Not to mention the costs of keeping them on island that we pay for.

CC Grandmaster
    You can guess, that I certainly think that our security is threatened much more by not sending them to NZ ...by keeping them on the island...we will inevitably have to take them into Australia eventually and therefore, our economic and security burdens would be greater.
    Not to mention the costs of keeping them on island that we pay for.
    And pity that the option of sending them back is not available...would be ideal!

Thread Information