Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    CC International Master

Borrowing the summary statistics from the crestbook site:)

CC International Master
    Last edited by Vlad; 04-04-2016 at 07:37 PM.

CC International Master
    Quote Originally Posted by pax
    To be fair, it was a national side vs a smallish Russian club.
    I strongly disagree. It was crestbook forum vs chesschat forum. Out of 9 Australians only 2 (Junta and Anton) do not have accounts on chesschat but constantly read it.

crestbook team brought 3 players who had almost no connection with their forum: GM Oparin (2575, board 2), IM Petrov (2466, board 5) and IM Seliverstov (2455, board 3).

Two players GM Shipov (2541, board 1) and IM Zaitsev (2501, board 4) are customers on crestbook. So they did have a very strong team on the first five boards and we beat them fair and square...

An aside note: maybe somebody can write a nice story for ACF newsletter, describing the match, etc. I am not a very good writer. Maybe Elliott? Thanks.
    Last edited by Vlad; 05-04-2016 at 05:05 PM.

Monster of the deep Kevin Bonham's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlad View Post
    An aside note: maybe somebody can write a nice story for ACF newsletter, describing the match, etc. I am not a very good writer. Maybe Elliott? Thanks.
    I was thinking of doing this and happy to do so. Also happy for Elliott to do it if he wants.
    Moderation Requests: All requests for, comments about, or questions about moderation of any kind including thread changes must be posted in the Help and Feedback section and not on the thread in question. (Or by private message for routine changes or sensitive matters.)

ACF Newsletter Information - All Australian players and administrators should subscribe and check each issue for relevant notices

My psephology/politics site (token chess references only) : http://kevinbonham.blogspot.com.au/ Politics twitter feed https://twitter.com/kevinbonham

CC Rookie
    Dear friends!

Play was fair!
    We was good played. But you was better than our team.

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Bonham View Post
    I was thinking of doing this and happy to do so. Also happy for Elliott to do it if he wants.
    Hi Vlad and Kev! I really appreciate your trusting me to produce an article on this very successful event!
    However, I need to let you know that I am in a bit of a discomfort at present as I am at home recovering from a painful incarcerated incisional Hernia Repair.
    That's the reason I had to withdraw from Doeberl and spend Easter at hospital.
    Unfortunately and as things are at present, I am not in position to undertake such an interesting yet taxing assignment!
    Last edited by Kevin Bonham; 05-04-2016 at 09:16 PM.
    ACF 3118316
    FIDE 3201457

https://aus2020.chesschamp.net/

In defense of Capitalism.
    Money is the cause of all evil!
    Wrong
    Lack of money is the cause of all evil!

Monster of the deep Kevin Bonham's Avatar
    Report sent to ACF Newsletter.
    Moderation Requests: All requests for, comments about, or questions about moderation of any kind including thread changes must be posted in the Help and Feedback section and not on the thread in question. (Or by private message for routine changes or sensitive matters.)

ACF Newsletter Information - All Australian players and administrators should subscribe and check each issue for relevant notices

My psephology/politics site (token chess references only) : http://kevinbonham.blogspot.com.au/ Politics twitter feed https://twitter.com/kevinbonham

CC International Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Bonham View Post
    Report sent to ACF Newsletter.
    Thanks a lot Kevin!

I have noticed that in the recent issue of 50 moves magazine, there is a short article about this match. What is curious is that the original error with Chris Wallis (+1) is present there...

Hello, dear flipped friends from the other hemisphere!

I want to say "thank you" to all the men from your side - the participants of the match, the organizers (especially Vlad) and your support team, too. We are very glad and happy to take part in this international event!

Frankly speaking, at first we were planning this tournament like an amateur competition between our forums. But after looking at your crew came an understanding, that we must find some pro's not to became a whipping-boys. Well...we found 5 boards only, and that comes nice, 'cause the match became almost equal. But I should say, that 7 of 8 our players are old participants of our forum, and board 2 GM Oparin is the apprentice of Sergey Shipov. So, all they are "our people"

I personally was very surprised fo win a few games playing with you monster-guys. But while making the table, I found, that all my success was against temporarily London-based players. Unfamiliar conditions, maybe internet connection problems... So I understood the nature of my luck and settled down

And now a bit of humor. When I made this cross-tables on Crestbook, my first intention was to came and post it here. But after completing my registration I wasn't able to post, 'cause the verification of your admin was required. I tried to wait and sit here till 3 am Moscow (10 am Melbourne), but alas! Probably site admin is a sportsman and attentive to healthy sleep (as I do)

After all I present you the english-native second part of this table.

Also (after reading you forum) I want you, if it possible, to fix one Great mistake. Not Sergey Shipov, but Mikhail (Misha) "Aprilia" is the organizer of this event!

crest_aus_eng.png

Ok, now we are preparing for the rematch and training hard every day (if it was so...just kidding ). My sincere greetings to all of you, friends, and for waiting our new meeting at the chess board!

P.S. I want to apologize for my mistakes is this post - was studying english many years ago at school, but still can't break the habit using complicated phrases and equivocal jokes.
    Last edited by Challenger Spy; 10-04-2016 at 12:59 AM.

CC International Master
    Crestbook played a match against a team from Lithuania and crushed them 31.5 vs 18.5. Time to announce Australia the world champion in internet fighting.

CC Candidate Master
    [QUOTE=Challenger Spy;409091]Hello, dear flipped friends from the other hemisphere!

I can relate to this description of chess friends, They are all flipped at my club. A great sense of humour shines through the linguistic differences.

Thread Information