Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    CC FIDE Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlad View Post
    I 2010 Anton was 9, his ACF was 1783, Fide was 1868. I contacted the organizers - the response was "No".
    Yeah I was under the impression there is no leeway but I'm new to Chess so there may have been unique cases in the past.

I think it was last year Tom Magurie or someone else was allowed in because their rating was either over when they registered or he played in tournaments and went over while he was entered. I could be wrong on the name

CC Candidate Master
    Hi all,

We try to provide a fair and consistent approach. In some years this has meant that we have informed older players who have played in the premier previously and have had a rating drop that they were only eligible for the Major. As Vlad points out we have also said no to up and coming juniors at certain stages as they fall just short of the criteria. To be clear this applies to everyone including my own son who in 2012 was rated 1810 FIDE and 1788 ACF. He played in the Major as he was 12 points short. In 2013 he got his rating high enough to play in the Premier. The SIO was an open tournament and took entries from every player down to unrated players if they paid enough money. Our goal is to provide good competitive chess in all our tournaments from the first round. This is the purpose of the rating floor and ratings overlap.

We do make a couple of exceptions which are on our rules page. See below.

Changes in Rating following Registration and Payment
    Should an eligible player register and pay for a tournament and then become ineligible due to a decline in their rating they will retain their position within that tournament.

In the situation where a rise in rating makes a player ineligible for the tournament they have registered and paid for they will be moved into the next highest tournament they are eligible for. Players in this situation will be offered a refund of entry fees as an alternative to playing in the higher tournament.

Quote Originally Posted by Hughston View Post
    Hey, I have an ACF rating of 1775 and a FIDE of 1856, and I am a junior. Will I be able to participate in the Premier or must I play in the major?
    Hi 'Hughston', If things start to go badly there are no easy games in the Premier. Why not play in the Major this year, do well and gain lots of rating points - thereby proving you are ready for the Premier next year? Cheers, Tony
    Fischer visiting Tal in hospital - Curašao 1962

"You must take your opponent into a deep dark forest where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one." - Mikhail Tal
    "Best by test" (on 1.e4) - Bobby Fischer

CC FIDE Master
    I notice the various tournaments of the Doeberl Cup 2016 have capped numbers and some are two-thirds full already! Do not leave it too late to enter or you could miss out!

CC Candidate Master
    Quote Originally Posted by StokesyRedcliff View Post
    I notice the various tournaments of the Doeberl Cup 2016 have capped numbers and some are two-thirds full already! Do not leave it too late to enter or you could miss out!
    Yes - especially the U1200's! Don't know what is happening there but we only have three spots left open. We will put in a waiting list after that. If we are full in the U1200's unrated players or players with a rating under 1600 may play in the Minor. Note we are once again FIDE rating the Minor.

CC Candidate Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ThebeJohnston View Post
    Yeah I was under the impression there is no leeway but I'm new to Chess so there may have been unique cases in the past.

I think it was last year Tom Magurie or someone else was allowed in because their rating was either over when they registered or he played in tournaments and went over while he was entered. I could be wrong on the name
    That was not me. I think both my ratings were sufficient. The person you are probably referring to was Tom Slater-Jones, whose ACF rating was sufficient when he registered for the Premier but dropped below on the March 2015 list.

CC Rookie
    i am driving down from northern NSW (mullumbimby)leaving early Thursday if anyone in brisi/ gc wants a lift. (that would mean a bye rd1 premier)i am staying on in canberra afterwards so you need separate return travel.

CC International Master Kaitlin's Avatar
    Does your vehicle have air conditioner and a cup holder ?
    .. this Caketin is full of little spiders and watermelon seeds.....

..Chess is all about fear and psychology

..Chess is like an exam..... you havent studied for

..If you're good at Chess it means you are very intelligent and could potentialy do great things
    ..... but that you might have wasted that playing way too much chess

CC Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaitlin View Post
    Does your vehicle have air conditioner and a cup holder ?
    yes...and it is cheap on petrol, plays the banjo, and always waves at kombis...

CC Candidate Master
    Hi Charles,

Is there a plan to update the Doeberl's ratings on the web site to the March FIDE/ACF values?

Thanks!
    The owls are not what they seem

CC Candidate Master

Travelling from Western Sydney

Hi,

If anyone is interested in a ride, I am driving into Canberra from Western Sydney (Emu Plains, but can pick up someone close enough) at noon the 23rd.

Cheers!

CC Candidate Master
    Hi,

We typically don't do this anymore as Shaun has begun putting the entries into Swiss Manager which will be uploaded to the website. It will import all of updated ACF/FIDE ratings.

CC Candidate Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles View Post
    Hi,

We typically don't do this anymore as Shaun has begun putting the entries into Swiss Manager which will be uploaded to the website. It will import all of updated ACF/FIDE ratings.
    OK, thanks - so, to sum up, this will be updated within the rounds/pairings context.

CC Rookie
    Well I'm looking forward to the Doeberl Cup this Easter. See you all there.

Quote Originally Posted by ludwigra View Post
    OK, thanks - so, to sum up, this will be updated within the rounds/pairings context.
    If you go to chess-results.com and click on Australia, Shaun has already done the Premier with updated ratings. The link is also here: http://chess-results.com/tnr212065.aspx?lan=1

I'm assuming the Major will show up soon if it hasn't already.

For the Minor and U1200 they will be available on the website in due course.
    Last edited by Alana; 15-03-2016 at 12:28 PM.
    IA/WFM Alana Chibnall

alanachibnall@hotmail.com

Thread Information