Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213
    Quote Originally Posted by shumsta View Post
    Firstly, re the MCC and CCC, are you sure that you are not confusing correlation with causation? Organiser largesse towards lesser titles generally happens when organisers are better funded, which can be a consequence (not necessarily a cause, as you say) of better long term participation rates. Or alternatively, it may be that better participation may have been caused by some unrelated factor (like a booming economy).

Secondly, both the contiguous states of the USA and Europe have vastly higher chess player density than Australia, which means that whilst tournament organisers there compete with each other, tournament organisers here often have monopoly-like control over chess tournaments in a given region for a given weekend (try organising a tournament in Sydney over Easter if you disagree); so the comparison between them and us is a non-sequitur.
    It is quite possible to organise a chess tourney in Sydney over Easter - there is no monopoly. Indeed it was done for many years sometimes with excellent attendance when located in inner city.
    Zionism is racism as defined by the UN, Israel by every dirty means available steals land and water, kill Palestinian freedom fighters and civilians, and operates an apartheid system to drive more Palestinians off their land

Quote Originally Posted by Capablanca-Fan View Post
    You're welcome. Now I recommend entering it on the Tarrasch GUI, a free database program with chess engines, written by Kiwi CM Bill Forster. About the only thing that Patrick Byrom and I agree upon is that it's a very helpful program.
    You tripped me up here Capa Fan, I jumped in thinking it was the Doeberl 2019.

As well I thought that Elliott had suddenly being taken ill again.
    Zionism is racism as defined by the UN, Israel by every dirty means available steals land and water, kill Palestinian freedom fighters and civilians, and operates an apartheid system to drive more Palestinians off their land

Thread Information