Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 65
  1. #1
    Account Permanently Banned PHAT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Wollongong
    Posts
    4,254

    Exclamation Fairfield Summer Open

    I thought since no one has put this up, I would.

    I know that it isn't a NSWCA event but shouldn't the NSWCA promote it for the good of chess

    http://members.ozemail.com.au/~nswca...mmer_cupAd.htm

  2. #2
    Illuminati Bill Gletsos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    17,058
    The NSWCA is promoting it you moron on its Official Web site.

  3. #3
    chmod -x /bin/chmod
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,193
    That has to be the worst combination of colours. To save your eyes:

    Fairfield RSL Summer Cup Category 3 Grand Prix tournament
    Saturday 11th December & Sunday 12th December
    1st $650+Trophy, 2nd $400, 3rd 300
    Plus 4 Divisions based on entries, 1st $120, 2nd $80, 3rd $60
    Best junior $50 and Best Fairfield Chess Club member, $60
    17 prizes awarded. Total prize money $2500 guaranteed

    7 round Swiss 1hour +10 seconds per move
    Registration 9.15am-9.45am, Sat $10, late fee after this time.
    Entry fees: Adult $50 Student/Pensioner $40, Juniors $35.
    14 Anzac Avenue, Fairfield, in the Oakdene Room
    1st floor behind the restaurant.
    For further information contact Shane Burgess,
    Ph (02) 9681 2206 or email shaneburgess32@yahoo.com.au

  4. #4
    Account Permanently Banned PHAT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Wollongong
    Posts
    4,254
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Gletsos
    The NSWCA is promoting it you moron on its Official Web site.
    But wasn't here.......

  5. #5
    Illuminati Bill Gletsos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    17,058
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Sweeney
    But wasn't here.......
    Here is not an official NSWCA or ACF place.

    In fact given the amount of crap you spew out here, we wouldnt want it to be.

  6. #6
    chmod -x /bin/chmod
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,193
    hardly anyone looks at the NSWCA page. It hurts my eyes.

  7. #7
    CC Grandmaster Alan Shore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Crane, Poole & Schmidt
    Posts
    3,871
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Sweeney
    I thought since no one has put this up, I would.

    I know that it isn't a NSWCA event but shouldn't the NSWCA promote it for the good of chess
    What benefits do you get for joining the NSWCA anyway?
    "I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
    - White Queen, Alice through the Looking-Glass

  8. #8
    CC International Master JGB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,120
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Dickinson
    What benefits do you get for joining the NSWCA anyway?
    here we go again...

  9. #9
    Account Permanently Banned PHAT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Wollongong
    Posts
    4,254
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Dickinson
    What benefits do you get for joining the NSWCA anyway?
    For $20 a year you are allowed to pay an entry fee and play in the half dozen tourniments run by the NSWCA. There are about another 35 tourniments here that are not run by the NSWCA. You can play in any of those for between $0 and $50 and your games will still be rated free.

    It looks like you will be receiving 4 newsletters too this year.

    And for your annual levy you also get to know that NSWCA has $80k in the bank doing absaphknlutely nothing.

  10. #10
    CC Grandmaster Alan Shore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Crane, Poole & Schmidt
    Posts
    3,871
    Quote Originally Posted by JGB
    here we go again...
    Perfectly innocent question... !
    "I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
    - White Queen, Alice through the Looking-Glass

  11. #11
    CC Grandmaster Alan Shore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Crane, Poole & Schmidt
    Posts
    3,871
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Sweeney
    For $20 a year you are allowed to pay an entry fee and play in the half dozen tourniments run by the NSWCA. There are about another 35 tourniments here that are not run by the NSWCA. You can play in any of those for between $0 and $50 and your games will still be rated free.

    It looks like you will be receiving 4 newsletters too this year.

    And for your annual levy you also get to know that NSWCA has $80k in the bank doing absaphknlutely nothing.
    Err.. fun?

    Looks like I won't be joining any time soon then
    "I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
    - White Queen, Alice through the Looking-Glass

  12. #12
    Illuminati Bill Gletsos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    17,058
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Sweeney
    For $20 a year you are allowed to pay an entry fee and play in the half dozen tourniments run by the NSWCA. There are about another 35 tourniments here that are not run by the NSWCA.
    As usual thats a totally misleading statement from you.
    The NSWCA ran 11 different events last year not including rapids and lightnings.
    Many of the non NSWCA events are not 'Open" events but are club events restricted to club members only.
    The number of "Open" non NSWCA events is around 15.

  13. #13
    Account Permanently Banned PHAT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Wollongong
    Posts
    4,254
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Gletsos
    As usual thats a totally misleading statement from you.
    The NSWCA ran 11 different events last year not including rapids and lightnings.
    Many of the non NSWCA events are not 'Open" events but are club events restricted to club members only.
    The number of "Open" non NSWCA events is around 15.
    FO. Your numbers are stuffed as mine. I just did a count on the NSWCA calender and for events that I can enter there were 14 NSWCA (including rapids/blitz) and 28 non-NSWCA.

    I mis estimated the fist time because the first est. I wrongly attributed some events to clubs when they were actually NSWCA. I said 6+35=41
    You say 11+15=36. The actual is 14+28=42

    I do not intend getting into a clasification fight with you. I will just leave others to check the facts on http://members.ozemail.com.au/~nswca...sinNSW2004.htm

    So,

  14. #14
    Illuminati Bill Gletsos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    17,058
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Sweeney
    FO. Your numbers are stuffed as mine.
    Although mine are also wrong they are much closer to the truth than yours.

    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Sweeney
    I just did a count on the NSWCA calender and for events that I can enter there were 14 NSWCA (including rapids/blitz) and 28 non-NSWCA.
    You still cannot count.
    Events run in another State dont count. The ACT events of the Doeberl Cup, the ANU Open and the Vikings weekender dont count.

    Also club events like club championships which are only open to club members dont count. After all no one is going to be a member of every Sydney metropolitan club.

    I explicitly discounted rapids and lightnings as comparing them weekenders/etc was unreasonable.
    This gives 12 NSWCA events (16 if blitz and rapid included):
    Now the 12 NSWCA events are:

    Australia Day weekender
    City of Sydney
    NSW Teams
    Anzac Day Weekender
    CJS Purdy Memorial/NSW Masters
    May Weekender
    Grade Matches
    NSW Open including NSW Womens
    August weekender
    State Championship
    Ryde-Eastwood Open
    November Weekender (Ralph Seberry Memorial)

    The non NSWCA events that are not just club events (and therefore restricted to club members only) are the following 18 events (21 if you count blitz and rapid):
    Newcastle Open
    Toukley U2000.
    Western Suburns Premiership
    Laurieton May Open
    Mingara May Major
    Mid North Coast Open
    Common Man
    Fairfield Winter
    Coal City Open
    Rooty Hill Open
    Interleagues
    Ford Memorial
    Fishers Ghost
    Laurieton Open
    Gosford Open
    Coff's Harbour Open
    St George Summer Open
    Fairfield Summer

    Two events the NSW Teams and the NSW Country Championship(this year Dubbo) are authorised NSW events given to particular clubs to run.

    Therefore that is a total of 32 events.


    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Sweeney
    I mis estimated the fist time because the first est. I wrongly attributed some events to clubs when they were actually NSWCA. I said 6+35=41
    You say 11+15=36. The actual is 14+28=42
    Firtsly 11+15 =26 not 36 you fool.
    However I'm not going to be so weak as to say I misestimated anything. I just counted them wrong.
    Even so I said 11 NSWCA events, there are 12. I said 15 non NSWCA events there are 18.

    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Sweeney
    I do not intend getting into a clasification fight with you. I will just leave others to check the facts on http://members.ozemail.com.au/~nswca...sinNSW2004.htm
    Yes and they will see my numbers are much more accurate than yours.
    Last edited by Bill Gletsos; 07-12-2004 at 08:33 PM. Reason: spelling correction

  15. #15
    CC International Master
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,074
    anyone know round times?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. St George Summer Open
    By The_Wise_Man in forum Completed Tournaments
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 03-02-2005, 12:41 PM
  2. Fairfield Summer Cup on 11 Dec
    By News Bot in forum Chess Australia
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-12-2004, 09:01 PM
  3. ACF September 2004 Ratings
    By Bill Gletsos in forum Ratings Arena
    Replies: 172
    Last Post: 09-11-2004, 12:45 PM
  4. Tournaments for Sept 2004 ACF ratings
    By Bill Gletsos in forum Completed Tournaments
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 30-08-2004, 05:16 PM
  5. My ANU Open
    By Kerry Stead in forum Games and Analysis
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 26-07-2004, 08:21 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •