Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    chmod -x /bin/chmod

Site Maintenance

Hello,

I will be taking the site down for maintenance sometime today. Unfortunately there might be some data loss and we could lose posts from this morning. If you could please take a backup of any post you have made this morning, please repost them once the maintenance period is over. I will update this thread once maintenance is complete.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

chmod -x /bin/chmod
    I have completed the maintenance. If you notice any errors, please reply to this thread with details.

Monster of the deep Kevin Bonham's Avatar
    Not sure how widespread this is but I am finding that when I edit a post (either my own or someone else's) the edit seemingly fails to complete (the circle next to "Save" keeps going around and around), but has in fact gone through. (Like this - testing.)

Unintended double-posting also seems to be more common since yesterday. I've seen four examples today so far.

Unintended double-posting is indeed now far more common - for example two posts on thread http://www.chesschat.org/showthread....604#post405604

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Bonham View Post
    Not sure how widespread this is but I am finding that when I edit a post (either my own or someone else's) the edit seemingly fails to complete (the circle next to "Save" keeps going around and around), but has in fact gone through. (Like this - testing.)
    I had the same issue this morning and also had the unintended double posting resulting from apparent non-save issue. On the plus side no content seems to have been lost.
    God exists. Short and to the point.

Secretary of, and regularly arbiter at, Rooty Hill RSL Chess Club. See www.rootyhillchessclub.org.

Psephological insight. "Controversial will only lose you votes. Courageous will lose you the election." Sir Humphrey Appleby on Yes Minister.

Favorite movie line: Girl friend Cathy to Jack Ryan in "Sum of all Fears". "What kind of emergency does an historian have?".

chmod -x /bin/chmod
    I wasn't able to reproduce the double post issue, but I have fixed an error that was showing up. It may have fixed the problem. Could you please test and let me know if there are still any issues?

Edit: Apparently the PHP version is a bit too new for this version of VB. I will recompile Apache/PHP with the same versions as the old server now. You may notice a couple of minutes of downtime. Also I have reproduced the "SAVE" issue when editing a post. Will try and get this fixed today.

Edit: The edit post function is now fixed. I'm assuming this has fixed the double posting issue, but since I was not able to reproduce it, please let me know if you experience any double posts again.

I am not seeing any more double posts from anyone so far.

Yes, no longer any issues with posting. Thanks STML.
    God exists. Short and to the point.

Secretary of, and regularly arbiter at, Rooty Hill RSL Chess Club. See www.rootyhillchessclub.org.

Psephological insight. "Controversial will only lose you votes. Courageous will lose you the election." Sir Humphrey Appleby on Yes Minister.

Favorite movie line: Girl friend Cathy to Jack Ryan in "Sum of all Fears". "What kind of emergency does an historian have?".

Banned Hydra
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Bonham View Post
    I am not seeing any more double posts from anyone so far.
    I wasn't sure if it was my computer causing that problem or not because I use an older laptop to access the web.

chmod -x /bin/chmod
    Hi all,

I have upgraded the vBulletin software due to some security issues in the older versions. If you notice any issues, please reply to this thread with details.

chmod -x /bin/chmod
    Hi all,

I have upgraded the vBulletin software due to some security issues in the older versions. If you notice any issues, please reply to this thread with details.

chmod -x /bin/chmod
    I'll be doing some maintenance on and off today. The site may go down for 5-10 minutes at a time.

chmod -x /bin/chmod
    The maintenance for today is now complete. If there are any issues with the site, please let me know.

I am now getting:

"This site can’t be reached www.chesschat.org’s server IP address could not be found.
    Try running Windows Network Diagnostics.
    DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN"

on many of my attempts to load the site.

However this only happens intermittently, and it seems that loading it as chesschat.org rather than www.chesschat.org fixes the problem and causes it to stay fixed for some time.

Anyone else having this issue? May just be me for some reason.

Thread Information