Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 30
  1. #1
    CC Grandmaster Adamski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Penrith, NSW
    Posts
    8,716

    Baron - Adamski banter sf Qatar Masters

    I had better not say well done to Mr Ly or the Baron will be on my case again! But he did do OK.
    God exists. Short and to the point.

    Secretary of, and regularly arbiter at, Rooty Hill RSL Chess Club. See www.rootyhillchessclub.org.

    Psephological insight. "Controversial will only lose you votes. Courageous will lose you the election." Sir Humphrey Appleby on Yes Minister.

    Favorite movie line: Girl friend Cathy to Jack Ryan in "Sum of all Fears". "What kind of emergency does an historian have?".

  2. #2
    CC Grandmaster
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    13,141
    Quote Originally Posted by Adamski View Post
    I had better not say well done to Mr Ly or the Baron will be on my case again! But he did do OK.
    This week you already thanked 2 people..but no well-done's yet..so I guess you can wish one . Just a curious question, out of your 7,586 posts - how many are NOT ''well-done'' ''good luck'' or ''thank you''? Part 2 of the question, how many of the posts contain, constructive criticism, suggestions etc? If we do a count, I think over 7000 of those are thank yous and welldones...but of course this is yet to be counted
    Interested in Chess Lessons?
    Email webbaron!@gmail.com for more Info!

  3. #3
    CC Grandmaster Adamski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Penrith, NSW
    Posts
    8,716
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelBaron View Post
    This week you already thanked 2 people..but no well-done's yet..so I guess you can wish one . Just a curious question, out of your 7,586 posts - how many are NOT ''well-done'' ''good luck'' or ''thank you''? Part 2 of the question, how many of the posts contain, constructive criticism, suggestions etc? If we do a count, I think over 7000 of those are thank yous and welldones...but of course this is yet to be counted
    I challenge you to count! Many posts on chess tournaments (before anyone gets a well done) and many on Does God Exist and Christian themes.
    God exists. Short and to the point.

    Secretary of, and regularly arbiter at, Rooty Hill RSL Chess Club. See www.rootyhillchessclub.org.

    Psephological insight. "Controversial will only lose you votes. Courageous will lose you the election." Sir Humphrey Appleby on Yes Minister.

    Favorite movie line: Girl friend Cathy to Jack Ryan in "Sum of all Fears". "What kind of emergency does an historian have?".

  4. #4
    CC Grandmaster
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    13,141
    Quote Originally Posted by Adamski View Post
    I challenge you to count! Many posts on chess tournaments (before anyone gets a well done) and many on Does God Exist and Christian themes.
    Too time-consuming to count...Lets simplify the task...can you point out a single post where you were critical of a particular organiser or tournament or stated that someone did not do a good job? . 1 single post will do
    Interested in Chess Lessons?
    Email webbaron!@gmail.com for more Info!

  5. #5
    CC Grandmaster Adamski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Penrith, NSW
    Posts
    8,716
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelBaron View Post
    Too time-consuming to count...Lets simplify the task...can you point out a single post where you were critical of a particular organiser or tournament or stated that someone did not do a good job? . 1 single post will do
    It is not in my nature to be critical so probably not. I don't think I have criticised you! I enjoyed your internet coaching even if I didn't have the time to make the most of it and spend significant time on my homework! I still have the electronic records. I have no ill feelings towards you and have enjoyed our CC sparring generally.
    Last edited by Adamski; 05-01-2016 at 08:14 AM.
    God exists. Short and to the point.

    Secretary of, and regularly arbiter at, Rooty Hill RSL Chess Club. See www.rootyhillchessclub.org.

    Psephological insight. "Controversial will only lose you votes. Courageous will lose you the election." Sir Humphrey Appleby on Yes Minister.

    Favorite movie line: Girl friend Cathy to Jack Ryan in "Sum of all Fears". "What kind of emergency does an historian have?".

  6. #6
    CC Grandmaster
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    13,141
    Quote Originally Posted by Adamski View Post
    I I have no ill feelings towards you and have enjoyed our CC sparring generally.
    I too have no ill feelings. In fact, I think you are a great guy - but I think the world is not Pink so when someone thanks everyone and praises everything I can not help ...but smiling
    Last edited by MichaelBaron; 05-01-2016 at 08:59 AM.
    Interested in Chess Lessons?
    Email webbaron!@gmail.com for more Info!

  7. #7
    CC FIDE Master
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    513
    Well this got boring

  8. #8
    CC Grandmaster Redmond Barry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Westside
    Posts
    3,118
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelBaron View Post
    I too have no ill feelings. In fact, I think you are a great guy - but I think the world is not Pink so when someone thanks everyone and praises everything I can not help ...but smiling
    Hi Michael, you should go to Mardi Gras. It is proof that the world can be very pink.

    Best wishes,
    D.M.

  9. #9
    CC Grandmaster Redmond Barry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Westside
    Posts
    3,118
    Quote Originally Posted by ThebeJohnston View Post
    Well this got boring
    Unfortunately this charade got boring approximately 1year ago and like an unholy spectre continues to haunt us all.

  10. #10
    CC Grandmaster Adamski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Penrith, NSW
    Posts
    8,716
    New Year's resolution: Radically cut down my number of "well done" and thank you posts, and if feeling obliged to say these things ensure there is more substance to the post.
    God exists. Short and to the point.

    Secretary of, and regularly arbiter at, Rooty Hill RSL Chess Club. See www.rootyhillchessclub.org.

    Psephological insight. "Controversial will only lose you votes. Courageous will lose you the election." Sir Humphrey Appleby on Yes Minister.

    Favorite movie line: Girl friend Cathy to Jack Ryan in "Sum of all Fears". "What kind of emergency does an historian have?".

  11. #11
    CC International Master Watto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    2,273
    Quote Originally Posted by Adamski View Post
    New Year's resolution: Radically cut down my number of "well done" and thank you posts, and if feeling obliged to say these things ensure there is more substance to the post.
    Adamski, as far as I'm concerned, if you want to congratulate and thank people, that's your business. Never bothered me. What makes it hard to take, at least from my point of view, is Michael's need to respond to every post. It's like a mild form of harassment, made even more annoying because of the silly smileys.

  12. #12
    Monster of the deep Kevin Bonham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    37,960
    There was a point where so many of Adamski's posts were either congratulations (usually to players he didn't actually know) or else statements of the bleeding obvious (like that Player X was doing well in a tournament where everyone could see that Player X was on 5/5), and so few of them were more than one line long, that I suspected his main motive was to increase his postcount. From that point of view I could understand MB's frustration with the lack of content in a lot of Adamski's posts. I don't think it is such an issue now but instead we are left with this annoying running in-joke that keeps threatening to make a mess of threads.

  13. #13
    CC Grandmaster
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    13,141
    And last couple of days, ''congratulations'' have been on the rise again .
    Interested in Chess Lessons?
    Email webbaron!@gmail.com for more Info!

  14. #14
    CC Grandmaster
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    13,141
    And here we go...''fresh off press'' http://www.chesschat.org/showthread....l=1#post405202
    Interested in Chess Lessons?
    Email webbaron!@gmail.com for more Info!

  15. #15
    Monster of the deep Kevin Bonham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    37,960
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelBaron View Post
    And here we go...''fresh off press'' http://www.chesschat.org/showthread....l=1#post405202
    I think the thing is that in the past because he congratulated so many people, he cannot now even congratulate people he knows at a rate typical of a normal poster without you noticing it.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Qatar Masters
    By lost in forum Overseas Tournament News and Results
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 05-01-2016, 09:49 AM
  2. Qatar Masters Open
    By Kevin Bonham in forum Overseas Tournament News and Results
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 03-12-2014, 02:54 AM
  3. Is Adamski a Jono fanboy? (sf Same-Sex Marriage)
    By Capablanca-Fan in forum Non-Chess
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 20-04-2013, 10:22 AM
  4. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 14-12-2011, 03:20 PM
  5. Australian Young Masters, Girls Masters and Junior Masters
    By D Dragicevic in forum Completed Tournaments
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 20-07-2007, 04:14 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •