Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Baron - Adamski banter sf Qatar Masters

I had better not say well done to Mr Ly or the Baron will be on my case again! But he did do OK.
    God exists. Short and to the point.

Secretary of, and regularly arbiter at, Rooty Hill RSL Chess Club. See www.rootyhillchessclub.org.

Psephological insight. "Controversial will only lose you votes. Courageous will lose you the election." Sir Humphrey Appleby on Yes Minister.

Favorite movie line: Girl friend Cathy to Jack Ryan in "Sum of all Fears". "What kind of emergency does an historian have?".

CC Grandmaster
    Quote Originally Posted by Adamski View Post
    I had better not say well done to Mr Ly or the Baron will be on my case again! But he did do OK.
    This week you already thanked 2 people..but no well-done's yet..so I guess you can wish one . Just a curious question, out of your 7,586 posts - how many are NOT ''well-done'' ''good luck'' or ''thank you''? Part 2 of the question, how many of the posts contain, constructive criticism, suggestions etc? If we do a count, I think over 7000 of those are thank yous and welldones...but of course this is yet to be counted
    Interested in Chess Lessons?
    Email webbaron!@gmail.com for more Info!

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelBaron View Post
    This week you already thanked 2 people..but no well-done's yet..so I guess you can wish one . Just a curious question, out of your 7,586 posts - how many are NOT ''well-done'' ''good luck'' or ''thank you''? Part 2 of the question, how many of the posts contain, constructive criticism, suggestions etc? If we do a count, I think over 7000 of those are thank yous and welldones...but of course this is yet to be counted
    I challenge you to count! Many posts on chess tournaments (before anyone gets a well done) and many on Does God Exist and Christian themes.

Secretary of, and regularly arbiter at, Rooty Hill RSL Chess Club. See www.rootyhillchessclub.org.

Psephological insight. "Controversial will only lose you votes. Courageous will lose you the election." Sir Humphrey Appleby on Yes Minister.

Favorite movie line: Girl friend Cathy to Jack Ryan in "Sum of all Fears". "What kind of emergency does an historian have?".

CC Grandmaster
    I challenge you to count! Many posts on chess tournaments (before anyone gets a well done) and many on Does God Exist and Christian themes.
    Too time-consuming to count...Lets simplify the task...can you point out a single post where you were critical of a particular organiser or tournament or stated that someone did not do a good job? . 1 single post will do

Too time-consuming to count...Lets simplify the task...can you point out a single post where you were critical of a particular organiser or tournament or stated that someone did not do a good job? . 1 single post will do
    It is not in my nature to be critical so probably not. I don't think I have criticised you! I enjoyed your internet coaching even if I didn't have the time to make the most of it and spend significant time on my homework! I still have the electronic records. I have no ill feelings towards you and have enjoyed our CC sparring generally.
    Last edited by Adamski; 05-01-2016 at 08:14 AM.

CC Grandmaster
    I I have no ill feelings towards you and have enjoyed our CC sparring generally.
    I too have no ill feelings. In fact, I think you are a great guy - but I think the world is not Pink so when someone thanks everyone and praises everything I can not help ...but smiling
    Last edited by MichaelBaron; 05-01-2016 at 08:59 AM.

CC FIDE Master
    Well this got boring

I too have no ill feelings. In fact, I think you are a great guy - but I think the world is not Pink so when someone thanks everyone and praises everything I can not help ...but smiling
    Hi Michael, you should go to Mardi Gras. It is proof that the world can be very pink.

Best wishes,
    D.M.

Quote Originally Posted by ThebeJohnston View Post
    Well this got boring
    Unfortunately this charade got boring approximately 1year ago and like an unholy spectre continues to haunt us all.

New Year's resolution: Radically cut down my number of "well done" and thank you posts, and if feeling obliged to say these things ensure there is more substance to the post.

New Year's resolution: Radically cut down my number of "well done" and thank you posts, and if feeling obliged to say these things ensure there is more substance to the post.
    Adamski, as far as I'm concerned, if you want to congratulate and thank people, that's your business. Never bothered me. What makes it hard to take, at least from my point of view, is Michael's need to respond to every post. It's like a mild form of harassment, made even more annoying because of the silly smileys.

Monster of the deep Kevin Bonham's Avatar
    There was a point where so many of Adamski's posts were either congratulations (usually to players he didn't actually know) or else statements of the bleeding obvious (like that Player X was doing well in a tournament where everyone could see that Player X was on 5/5), and so few of them were more than one line long, that I suspected his main motive was to increase his postcount. From that point of view I could understand MB's frustration with the lack of content in a lot of Adamski's posts. I don't think it is such an issue now but instead we are left with this annoying running in-joke that keeps threatening to make a mess of threads.

CC Grandmaster
    And last couple of days, ''congratulations'' have been on the rise again .

CC Grandmaster
    And here we go...''fresh off press'' http://www.chesschat.org/showthread....l=1#post405202

Monster of the deep Kevin Bonham's Avatar
    And here we go...''fresh off press'' http://www.chesschat.org/showthread....l=1#post405202
    I think the thing is that in the past because he congratulated so many people, he cannot now even congratulate people he knows at a rate typical of a normal poster without you noticing it.

Thread Information