Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    CC International Master
    From Shaun's post, it sounds like Jamie is running for the FIDE presidency.

I just got news from semi-reliable sources in Moscow that Bulgaria has been expelled from FIDE and Danailov has reacted with very strong words (I don't dare to repeat even as a hint here) against George Makropoulos!
    Kev? Vlad? any info from your sources? (re Bulgaria's expulsion not Sylvio's harangue which I have just received but will not post the link unless I have permission from Bill, Kev, or Barry).
    SSM? which dad is your mum?

Zero trollerance!

ACF 3118316
    FIDE 3201457

Monster of the deep Kevin Bonham's Avatar
    Bulgaria have been temporarily excluded according to the decision summary of the EB meeting.

CC FIDE Master
    @ Michael Baron - Victorija is already - as you (probably) know - quite hard working with more real politics ...

CC FIDE Master

Originally posted by Elliott Renzies

I just got news from semi-reliable sources in Moscow that Bulgaria has been expelled from FIDE and Danailov has reacted with very strong words (I don't dare to repeat even as a hint here) against George Makropoulos!
    Kev? Vlad? any info from your sources? (re Bulgaria's expulsion not Sylvio's harangue which I have just received but will not post the link unless I have permission from Bill, Kev, or Barry).
    Bulgaria is expelled but the players and arbiters will not be affected at all and can still get norms for titles, trainers and arbiters. There was also discussion about Pakistan in the same situation as well.

Originally posted by Vlad

Shaun is entitled to his opinions and I respect them. However, if Shaun is indicating me as a likely candidate, I know that I would not have the votes and plus you need to have an endorsement of 5 Federations and I can only think of 4 maximum that would endorse me. One of those Federations is not Australia.

lost
    Last edited by lost; 21-10-2017 at 05:18 PM.

CC FIDE Master
    Quote Originally Posted by lost View Post
    I know that I would not have the votes and plus you need to have an endorsement of 5 Federations and I can only think of 4 maximum that would endorse me. One of those Federations is not Australia.

lost
    Strange comment. I may be wrong but I think three of them may not be Australia, possibly four.
    Still searching for Bobby Fischer....
    and fighting against those humourless bureaucrats who are forever lost in the minutiae.

There was also discussion about Pakistan in the same situation as well.
    I have heard some very serious allegations about playing-favourites within Pakistan (eg weak teams being sent when there are much stronger players available) but not of anything that impacts on other federations.

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad
    I also wondered if Shaun was referring to Jamie but I don't have any evidence that he was. Not sure what other prospective candidates from our region there might be.

CC International Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Bonham View Post
    I also wondered if Shaun was referring to Jamie but I don't have any evidence that he was. Not sure what other prospective candidates from our region there might be.
    "Our region" is a bit vague. He might mean anything from the ACT to the entire Asia+Oceania area.

However I don't see the endorsement of five federations as mentioned above being much of an impediment, surely anyone not happy with the other options would go for a less-worse option.

CC Grandmaster
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Rout View Post
    "Our region" is a bit vague. He might mean anything from the ACT to the entire Asia+Oceania area.

However I don't see the endorsement of five federations as mentioned above being much of an impediment, surely anyone not happy with the other options would go for a less-worse option.
    I did not see any mention of names in that blog post. Not sure why everyone thinks its Jamie. Hard to imagine him running against Makro or Kirsan...or both.
    Interested in Chess Lessons?
    Email webbaron!@gmail.com for more Info!

I hope there won't be a large number of candidates. Preferably at most three. The FIDE election process is incredibly slow, and spending too much time eliminating unsuccessful candidates increases the chance of the General Assembly running short of time and the delegates agreeing to handball approval of reports to the Presidential Board, as happened at the last two GAs. That sort of thing is not good for the GA's power as a decision-making body - it means it ends up being a forum for rubber-stamping and grandstanding.

CC FIDE Master

A few 'outsider' candidates are thinking of making a run, although in this case the outsider's are actually FIDE insiders, just at a non management level (including one person from this part of the world). At this stage these candidates are not being taken seriously.
    Who in this part of the world holds an EB post at a non management level apart from me and Paul Spiller? This part of the world means Oceania.

lost

CC Grandmaster
    Who in this part of the world holds an EB post at a non management level apart from me and Paul Spiller? This part of the world means Oceania.

lost
    May be Shawn assumed that Bermuda or at least some of its citizens are also from our ''part of the world''
    Interested in Chess Lessons?
    Email webbaron!@gmail.com for more Info!

Thread Information