View Poll Results: Is the ABC's coverage of political issues biased?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, strongly to the left

7 38.89%
  • Yes, slightly to the left

2 11.11%
  • No, it is balanced

6 33.33%
  • Yes, slightly to the right

0 0%
  • Yes, strongly to the right

0 0%
  • Not sure/other response

3 16.67%
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
    Atlanta, GA (formerly Brisbane, and before that Wellington, NZ)
    Yep, typical leftists.

First: deny there is bias. When the evidence becomes overwhelming even for a leftist mind, it becomes:
    Second: yes there is bias and there should be, it's really the moral thing.
    “The destructive capacity of the individual, however vicious, is small; of the state, however well-intentioned, almost limitless. Expand the state and that destructive capacity necessarily expands, too, pari passu.”—Paul Johnson, Modern Times, 1983.

Quote Originally Posted by Capablanca-Fan View Post
    Yep, typical leftists.

First: deny there is bias. When the evidence becomes overwhelming even for a leftist mind, it becomes:
    I don't admit denying there was bias - I could not remember what I had for breakfast or who my current wife is. Maybe I have never posted in this thread before. There has to be social change due to increasing population and with all the pressures and limitations that it creates. This has only being a problem for a few hundred years but more so due to severe resource depletion and severe overpopulation due to vaccines etc.. Unfortunately John Lennon's Imagine song did not perculate through enough.
    This has been
    Zionism is racism as defined by the UN, Israel by every dirty means available steals land and water, kill Palestinian freedom fighters and civilians, and operates an apartheid system to drive more Palestinians off their land

CC Grandmaster
    Quote Originally Posted by Capablanca-Fan View Post
    Yep, typical leftists. First: deny there is bias. When the evidence becomes overwhelming even for a leftist mind, it becomes:
    Actually evidence has been presented on this thread many times that the public does not consider the ABC to have a left-wing bias.

CC Grandmaster
    Surveys generally find that the ABC is regarded as biased towards the government. A belief that isn't helped when it spikes an important story such as this:
    The ABC says it did not broadcast a story about Adani for sound editorial reasons and not because the company spokeswoman telephoned its news director Gaven Morris. Guardian Australia asked the ABC why a story by radio current affairs reporter Isobel Roe had not been broadcast and if it had anything to do with a direct call made by Adani spokeswoman Kate Campbell to Morris.
    With Adani receiving hundreds of millions of dollars in subsidies from the Qld government, its viability is a very important issue.

Another way of looking at it is, what country could you nominate that you would be prepared to migrate to that does not have a ABC-type social justice-espousing media?
    Zionism is racism as defined by the UN, Israel by every dirty means available steals land and water, kill Palestinian freedom fighters and civilians, and operates an apartheid system to drive more Palestinians off their land

Quote Originally Posted by antichrist View Post
    I don't admit denying there was bias - I could not remember what I had for breakfast or who my current wife is. Maybe I have never posted in this thread before. There has to be social change due to increasing population and with all the pressures and limitations that it creates. This has only being a problem for a few hundred years but more so due to severe resource depletion and severe overpopulation due to vaccines etc.. Unfortunately John Lennon's Imagine song did not perculate through enough.
    This has been
    Even Thomas Hobbes is backing me up on this one

https://yalebooksblog.co.uk/2013/04/...ish-and-short/
    ‘[…] Hobbes, like Machiavelli, had a low view of human beings. We are all basically selfish, driven by fear of death and the hope of personal gain, he believed. All of us seek power over others, whether we realize this or not. If you don’t accept Hobbes’ picture of humanity, why do you lock the door when you leave your house? Surely it’s because you know that there are many people out there who would happily steal everything you own? But, you might argue, only some people are that selfish. Hobbes disagreed. He thought that at heart we all are, and that it is only the rule of law and the threat of punishment that keep us in check.

The consequence of this, he argued, was that if society broke down and you had to live in what he called ‘a state of nature’, without laws or anyone with the power to back them up, you, like everyone else, would steal and murder when necessary. At least, you’d have to do that if you wanted to carry on living. In a world of scarce resources, particularly if you were struggling to find food and water to survive, it could actually be rational to kill other people before they killed you. In Hobbes’ memorable description, life outside society would be ‘solitary, poor, nasty, brutish, and short’.

Another way of looking at it is, what country could you nominate that you would be prepared to migrate to that does not have a ABC-type social justice-espousing media?
    Maybe a country whose fed police visit their premises for a cuppa more often?? :o

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-06-...ories/11181162
    ACF 3118316
    FIDE 3201457

https://aus2020.chesschamp.net/

Quote Originally Posted by ER View Post
    Maybe a country whose fed police visit their premises for a cuppa more often?? :o

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-06-...ories/11181162
    I have been raided in Sydney and Byron - the last one was a beauty. I was caught red-handed with an axe in my hand battling my neighbours.

So what's your excuse? To run like the devil's chasing you.

See you in another life, brotha.

Quote Originally Posted by road runner View Post
    I had a cousin on that show but he didm't impress me much, Phillip was his name.

I had a cousin on that show but he didm't impress me much, Phillip was his name.
    Are you referring to Phil Coorey?

Are you referring to Phil Coorey?
    Yes, on my mother's side

CC International Master
    Is this link intended to support the proposition that the ABC is biased? Is it intended to oppose it? Perhaps it's RR's video version of the Rorschach test. Or is it supposed to be self-explanatory? It certainly shows the ABC at its self-congratulatory best - but a better clue as to whether Insiders reflects the general ABC bias can be determined by comparing the linked episode's treatment of press freedom with what the Insiders panel thought about press freedom when Labor were in power and trying to establish a body to effectively control the print media.

Yes, on my mother's side
    I don't mind Phil, I think he's one of the better ones.

I don't think Annabelle Crab is well suited to host it. Hope they get someone else to fill in until David Speers comes over. I reckon Patricia Karvelas might be ok.

I don't mind Phil, I think he's one of the better ones.

I don't think Annabelle Crab is well suited to host it. Hope they get someone else to fill in until David Speers comes over. I reckon Patricia Karvelas might be ok.
    She's sharing the job with Fran Kelly, it seems

Thread Information