Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1523242526 LastLast
Results 361 to 375 of 386
  1. #361
    CC Grandmaster
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    12,166
    Quote Originally Posted by Eamonn O'Molloy View Post
    Another enjoyable tournament last night. We had an eight-player double round robin. David Beaumont came first on 12/14. Me and Chris Kolak were joint second on 10/14.
    Fantastic!
    Great to see the MCC stalwarts in action!
    Interested in Chess Lessons?
    Email webbaron!@gmail.com for more Info!

  2. #362
    CC Grandmaster
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    12,166
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelBaron View Post
    Fantastic!
    Great to see the MCC stalwarts in action!
    And blitz is back at MCC tomorrow at 7pm!
    Interested in Chess Lessons?
    Email webbaron!@gmail.com for more Info!

  3. #363
    CC Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    23
    Chris Kolak took first place tonight with 8.5/10, I was second with 8/10.

  4. #364
    CC Grandmaster
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    12,166
    Quote Originally Posted by Eamonn O'Molloy View Post
    Chris Kolak took first place tonight with 8.5/10, I was second with 8/10.
    Well done to all the players!
    I got an sms from Chris few mins back describing the tournament and how close and interesting most of the games were. Makes me miss being there even more!
    Interested in Chess Lessons?
    Email webbaron!@gmail.com for more Info!

  5. #365
    CC Grandmaster
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    12,166
    Blitz tonight at MCC at 7pm!
    Good luck to all the players!
    Interested in Chess Lessons?
    Email webbaron!@gmail.com for more Info!

  6. #366
    CC Grandmaster
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    12,166
    Last night's blitz was won by Daniel Holland.
    Chris Kolak came second!
    Interested in Chess Lessons?
    Email webbaron!@gmail.com for more Info!

  7. #367
    CC Candidate Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    32
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelBaron View Post
    Last night's blitz was won by Daniel Holland.
    Chris Kolak came second!
    Chris and I had 2 epic struggles, was a war of attrition in both that decided them, and ultimately the winner of tonights thoroughly entertaining blitz affair, I was that mentally spent afterwards that I fell asleep towards the end of Avengers - Endgame. Potentially it was a boring movie as well

  8. #368
    CC Grandmaster
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    12,166
    Quote Originally Posted by DanielHolland View Post
    Chris and I had 2 epic struggles, was a war of attrition in both that decided them, and ultimately the winner of tonights thoroughly entertaining blitz affair, I was that mentally spent afterwards that I fell asleep towards the end of Avengers - Endgame. Potentially it was a boring movie as well
    Lucky you, guys - having so much fun...hopefully after 4 more weeks - I will be able to play at least occasionally!
    Interested in Chess Lessons?
    Email webbaron!@gmail.com for more Info!

  9. #369
    CC Candidate Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    32
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelBaron View Post
    Lucky you, guys - having so much fun...hopefully after 4 more weeks - I will be able to play at least occasionally!
    4 More weeks is the end of semester I assume? Look forward to seeing you back on Tuesday!

  10. #370
    CC Candidate Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    32
    Managed to win with 11/12 tonight, with Chris coming second

  11. #371
    CC Grandmaster
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    12,166
    Quote Originally Posted by DanielHolland View Post
    Managed to win with 11/12 tonight, with Chris coming second
    Well-played!
    According to Chris, Eamonn finished 2nd and he was 3d.
    Interested in Chess Lessons?
    Email webbaron!@gmail.com for more Info!

  12. #372
    CC Candidate Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    32
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelBaron View Post
    Well-played!
    According to Chris, Eamonn finished 2nd and he was 3d.
    Thanks for clarifying! Was a tough field as usual, Eamonn played a great last game against me when I was looking for a clean sweep, not to be haha, Dan.
    Last edited by DanielHolland; 15-05-2019 at 10:52 AM.

  13. #373
    CC Grandmaster
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    12,166
    Blitz tomorrow night! Starting 7 pm as always!
    Interested in Chess Lessons?
    Email webbaron!@gmail.com for more Info!

  14. #374
    CC Candidate Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    32
    Managed to take it out again with 7/8, dropping a game to Chris, who tactically destroyed me, well played mate!! Chris finished on 6.5 after drawing a queen ending with Eamonn.

  15. #375
    CC Grandmaster
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    12,166
    Quote Originally Posted by DanielHolland View Post
    Managed to take it out again with 7/8, dropping a game to Chris, who tactically destroyed me, well played mate!! Chris finished on 6.5 after drawing a queen ending with Eamonn.
    Well done, Daniel!
    Your second victory in a row!
    Interested in Chess Lessons?
    Email webbaron!@gmail.com for more Info!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. MCC Blitz Tournament
    By UrBANE in forum Completed Tournaments
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 29-05-2015, 01:31 AM
  2. University Blitz Tournament
    By UNSW Chess Club in forum Completed Tournaments
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 17-08-2014, 08:55 PM
  3. RCA Open 2013 Blitz Tournament of The Year
    By GMIS in forum Overseas Tournament News and Results
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 18-11-2013, 12:22 PM
  4. Replies: 44
    Last Post: 20-12-2011, 07:32 PM
  5. Correspondence Blitz Tournament
    By Sunshine in forum Correspondence Matches
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-02-2008, 11:50 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •