Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
    CC International Master ElevatorEscapee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian_Rogers View Post
    That is all true. The full story, plus the final stages of the game, will be in - ad alert - Sydney's Sun-Herald this Sunday.
    Is anyone able to forward this to me? I haven't been able to track down a Sydney Sun-Herald in Bendigo.
    "On my chess set, all the pawns are Hamburglers" ~ Homer Simpson.

CC Grandmaster
    Quote Originally Posted by ElevatorEscapee View Post
    Is anyone able to forward this to me? I haven't been able to track down a Sydney Sun-Herald in Bendigo.
    It should be online in due course, although it may be paywall protected. Although there doesn't seem to be any updated information about the photo on the web.

CC Candidate Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Byrom View Post
    It should be online in due course, although it may be paywall protected. Although there doesn't seem to be any updated information about the photo on the web.
    My chess columns in the Sun-Herald and Canberra Times no longer are published online. (I got tired of them being republished under some else's name in a particular European newspaper.)

My chess columns in the Sun-Herald and Canberra Times no longer are published online. (I got tired of them being republished under some else's name in a particular European newspaper.)
    In an "outlying" place like Byron Bay sometimes I preferred your column actually contained more chess rather than chess politics - only because here it is the only public exposure to chess (except for my sluggish efforts) but it seems that European newspaper had no reservations. Half tongue in cheek of course. A story on that particular cheat would get local discussion going - the most topic I get asked is about cheating???
    Last edited by antichrist; 23-07-2019 at 07:50 AM.
    Zionism is racism as defined by the UN, Israel by every dirty means available steals land and water, kill Palestinian freedom fighters and civilians, and operates an apartheid system to drive more Palestinians off their land

Hi Ian, sorry to hear that - imitation may be the sincerest form of flattery, but that European newspaper should have at least had the decency to acknowledge you as the author.

In any case, I've picked up the bakcground of hte position and a bit of the story from the Russain Facebook post earlier in the thread. Is anything known anything about the mystery photographer?

CC International Master
    There is an interviews with Aleksei Shirov (in Russian), where he says among other things "Igor did not really use computer to cheat, he just used his mobile to check his home preparation. His memory is bad as he is old..."

Monster of the deep Kevin Bonham's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlad View Post
    There is an interviews with Aleksei Shirov (in Russian), where he says among other things "Igor did not really use computer to cheat, he just used his mobile to check his home preparation. His memory is bad as he is old..."
    Moderation Requests: All requests for, comments about, or questions about moderation of any kind including thread changes must be posted in the Help and Feedback section and not on the thread in question. (Or by private message for routine changes or sensitive matters.)

ACF Newsletter Information - All Australian players and administrators should subscribe and check each issue for relevant notices

My psephology/politics site (token chess references only) : http://kevinbonham.blogspot.com.au/ Politics twitter feed https://twitter.com/kevinbonham

CC FIDE Master
    Quote Originally Posted by road runner View Post
    This might be relevant, well if it happened here anyway:

Taking photos or videos of private activities

If someone has taken or distributed photos or videos of your private parts or private activities, report it to the police.
    In Queensland, there are laws which make it illegal to take or distribute photos or videos of someone’s private parts or private activities without their consent.

It’s a criminal offence to take or distribute photos or videos of someone without their consent when the person is:

• in a private place, or
    • doing a private act in circumstances where they would reasonably expect privacy.

Private acts may include things like undressing, using the toilet, showering or bathing or having sex in a place where a person would reasonably expect privacy.

It’s also a criminal offence to take or distribute photos or videos of someone’s genital or anal region without their consent in circumstances where they would reasonably expect privacy. This applies even if their genitals or anal region are covered by underwear.

For example, it’s illegal to use a mobile phone in a public place to take photos of women’s underwear under their skirts without their consent.

The penalty for this type of offence is up 2 years jail.

It’s not illegal for some to take photos or video of you in a public place or in a situation where a person wouldn’t reasonably expect privacy. ...

There's also punishment for distributing such photos.

In this case, you could argue whether he was actually using the toilet or not. His pants are in place.
    NZ has a similar law, including possessing and distributing illegal images (including sending them to FIDE).
    IA Craig Hall

www.chess.org.nz - Canterbury Chess Club
    http://respectrum.nz - Major sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by Craig_Hall View Post
    NZ has a similar law, including possessing and distributing illegal images (including sending them to FIDE).
    Under some Oz laws I think such a shot would be illegal not because of it's location/situation but just that it was taken without permission and the person may be recognisable. If the intention of the subject in the pic was not to use the toilet and stay fully clothed then a general law against shots in toilets is not necessary. But they would open an escape hatch for genuine pervers to flout the law.
    Zionism is racism as defined by the UN, Israel by every dirty means available steals land and water, kill Palestinian freedom fighters and civilians, and operates an apartheid system to drive more Palestinians off their land

CC International Master
    GM Galkin commented on Shirov's interview and now Shirov responds to both Galkin and Sutovsky - https://www.facebook.com/alexei.shir...20133784523666

Very hot discussions in the comments...

CC Grandmaster
    GM Galkin commented on Shirov's interview and now Shirov responds to both Galkin and Sutovsky - https://www.facebook.com/alexei.shir...20133784523666

Very hot discussions in the comments...
    у и в заключение по поводу низкого издевательства Галкиным над личностью Раусиса, его возрастом итд. - если бы сейчас провести вне рамок ФИДЕ (а тогда Руасис мог бы играть) матч в классические шахматы между Раусисом и Галкиным (без всякого читерства), я бы поставил на Игоря Раусиса.
    This is what makes cases where the players accused in cheating can play well without obtaining any assistance (and it is well known) very complicated.
    Interested in Chess Lessons?
    Email webbaron!@gmail.com for more Info!

Есть еще информация об этом?

CC Grandmaster
    Есть еще информация об этом?
    Wow, Your Russian is truly fluent!
    Interested in Chess Lessons?
    Email webbaron!@gmail.com for more Info!

Yes, I am truly one of the "effluent" people!

Я действительно стекаюсь!

Yes, I am truly one of the "effluent" people!

Я действительно стекаюсь!
    May I suggest your re-read post 211

Thread Information