Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Questions for Michael Baron

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-04-0...search/6369832

Michael, scientist are saying that Aboriginal legends going back 30,000 years may hold up, on how palm trees came to be in Central Australia - what do you think mate?
    Zionism is racism as defined by the UN, Israel by every dirty means available steals land and water, kill Palestinian freedom fighters and civilians, and operates an apartheid system to drive more Palestinians off their land

CC FIDE Master
    Quote Originally Posted by antichrist View Post
    http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-04-0...search/6369832

Michael, scientist are saying that Aboriginal legends going back 30,000 years may hold up, on how palm trees came to be in Central Australia - what do you think mate?
    Bit of a silly article. Science: aborigines from the north brought the palm seeds. Myth: gods from the north brought the palm seed. Not quite the same thing.
    There is an aboriginal myth about very large animals. Interesting. Does that prove they existed or is the proof that we have dug up their bones?

I'm sure Michael will be able to expand on this.....
    Still searching for Bobby Fischer....
    and fighting against those humourless bureaucrats who are forever lost in the minutiae.

Good evening Michael, can you please answer the following .......

What was this weeks philosophical topic discussed in "kitchen talk" ?
    Which Australian native animal would you like to eat ?
    Do you believe in the tooth fairy and Jesus ?
    Can you yodel the national anthem of Uzbekistan ?
    Will you go on holiday with me to Kamchatka and Glenorchy ?
    Is Vladimir Putin superhuman ?
    If Pi (3.1415....) was to lead a more sensible existence and refrain from unorthodox lifestyle choices, do you believe that it could become a little less irrational ?
    When will cupcakes and poptarts be consider fine dining ?
    How many wives do you think is the right amount ?
    Did you end up buying cookies from the girl guides to restore positive karma to your ledger ?

Blagodarstvuyu,
    Bubbles.
    Ruin is formal, devil's work,
    Consecutive and slow -
    Fail in an instance no man did,
    Slipping - is Crash's law,

Is Kitchen Talk what takes place at MCC away from the games?
    Zionism is racism as defined by the UN, Israel by every dirty means available steals land and water, kill Palestinian freedom fighters and civilians, and operates an apartheid system to drive more Palestinians off their land

This thread is like churches where the main attraction never turns up

CC Candidate Master
    But He's always listening.

Quote Originally Posted by Geelong Grizzle View Post
    Can He listen in on 7 billion conversations at once in about 200 languages? I would like to see that!

Quote Originally Posted by antichrist View Post
    Can He listen in on 7 billion conversations at once in about 200 languages? I would like to see that!
    Actually, well-known Christian apologist Mike Licona used my blindfold simultaneous games as an analogy (since you love analogies):

In the recent movie Religulous, comedian Bill Maher portrays the religious in general and Christians in particular of being gullible. At one point in the movie, he speaks with Steve Berg, a Jew for Jesus, and implies that Berg holds an inconsistency because he does not believe in a Santa Claus who can deliver so many toys in a brief period of time while holding that God can hear and answer millions of prayers being uttered simultaneously. But is this a good analogy?

Jonathan Sarfati is a New Zealand national chess champion. A good friend of mine named David Wood attended a conference a few years ago in which Sarfati spoke. At the conference, Sarfati played 8 people in chess simultaneously—and while blindfolded. David has a genius IQ and was one of those 8. He told me that Sarfati beat all 8 and has even defeated 12 simultaneously. Sarfati was asked how he does it and responded that he senses fields of power.

I don’t know how God hears and answers millions of prayers simultaneously uttered. But if a mere human can play and win 8 chess games simultaneously and while blindfolded, I don’t see why a deity could not do much more.
    “The destructive capacity of the individual, however vicious, is small; of the state, however well-intentioned, almost limitless. Expand the state and that destructive capacity necessarily expands, too, pari passu.”—Paul Johnson, Modern Times, 1983.

Monster of the deep Kevin Bonham's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Geelong Grizzle View Post
    If so while not logged in!

Monster of the deep Kevin Bonham's Avatar
    Moderation Notice

antichrist banned from this thread for 6 days for making a comment that was not clearly not a complaint about moderation outside the moderation section.

Quote Originally Posted by Capablanca-Fan View Post
    Actually, well-known Christian apologist Mike Licona used my blindfold simultaneous games as an analogy (since you love analogies):

In the recent movie Religulous, comedian Bill Maher portrays the religious in general and Christians in particular of being gullible. At one point in the movie, he speaks with Steve Berg, a Jew for Jesus, and implies that Berg holds an inconsistency because he does not believe in a Santa Claus who can deliver so many toys in a brief period of time while holding that God can hear and answer millions of prayers being uttered simultaneously. But is this a good analogy?

Jonathan Sarfati is a New Zealand national chess champion. A good friend of mine named David Wood attended a conference a few years ago in which Sarfati spoke. At the conference, Sarfati played 8 people in chess simultaneously—and while blindfolded. David has a genius IQ and was one of those 8. He told me that Sarfati beat all 8 and has even defeated 12 simultaneously. Sarfati was asked how he does it and responded that he senses fields of power.

I don’t know how God hears and answers millions of prayers simultaneously uttered. But if a mere human can play and win 8 chess games simultaneously and while blindfolded, I don’t see why a deity could not do much more.
    Never mind any supposed deity, najdorf in '46, flesch in '60 and koltanowsky in '61 have already done much much more than himselfcubanfan.

If making stupid analogies is the flavour of the day, then koltanowsky is clearly closer to being sky wizard than crapablancafan.
    Consecutive and slow -

Consecutive and slow -

Bubblebrain hasn't told us anything we don't know. In any case, the most impressive blindfold player was probably Pillsbury, given his fluency and the strength of his opposition.
    “The destructive capacity of the individual, however vicious, is small; of the state, however well-intentioned, almost limitless. Expand the state and that destructive capacity necessarily expands, too, pari passu.”—Paul Johnson, Modern Times, 1983.

Quote Originally Posted by Capablanca-Fan View Post
    Bubblebrain hasn't told us anything we don't know. In any case, the most impressive blindfold player was probably Pillsbury, given his fluency and the strength of his opposition.
    You must have extremely low self esteem to be in need of reminding us all of your blindfold simul.
    Consecutive and slow -

Quote Originally Posted by Crapablanca-Fan View Post
    Is god blindfolded when he communicates to us ?
    Does he answer prayer by playing 1.e4 or constructing a mating net ?
    When did chess become language as opposed to an interesting game ?
    Is chess one of the germanic languages that I have overlooked ?
    Why are you so desperate ?

This clunky comparison completely unrelated in any way to Antichrists Michael Baron analogy could have just as easily been versed as ................

"I don’t know how God hears and answers millions of prayers simultaneously uttered. But if a mere human can walk to the shops for milk and bread and a king size snickers, I don’t see why a deity could not do much more.

or

"I don’t know how God hears and answers millions of prayers simultaneously uttered. But if a mere human can juggle 3 cats and a rabbit in a lime green tuxedo, I don’t see why a deity could not do much more."
    Last edited by Redmond Barry; 07-04-2015 at 12:46 AM.
    Consecutive and slow -

Thread Information