Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 28
  1. #1
    CC Grandmaster antichrist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    16,863

    For the beginner

    As I have never heard it said I will say what maybe is the obvious: White, when playing Queen's Gambit, upon developing both knights no traps can be used against her. T or F?

  2. #2
    CC Rookie
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    4
    what an idiot. good luck to chess kids who stufy under your wing.

  3. #3
    CC International Master JGB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,120
    Quote Originally Posted by antichrist
    As I have never heard it said I will say what maybe is the obvious: White, when playing Queen's Gambit, upon developing both knights no traps can be used against her. T or F?
    Are you serious with this question? Have you read it yourself, what are you asking in the Coachng Clinic?

  4. #4
    CC Grandmaster antichrist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    16,863

    Where's Bill

    I want a blast from Bill if you don't mind, he's the expert

  5. #5
    Illuminati Bill Gletsos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    16,544
    Quote Originally Posted by antichrist
    I want a blast from Bill if you don't mind, he's the expert
    I cant be bothered.
    Chesshater summed it up perfectly.

  6. #6
    CC International Master JGB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,120
    antichrist why don't you post the position your getting at, and ask the reader what he is to play, or ideas associated with the position etc? If there are any traps in the Queens pawn oppening your reffering to.

  7. #7
    CC Grandmaster antichrist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    16,863
    Quote Originally Posted by JGB
    antichrist why don't you post the position your getting at, and ask the reader what he is to play, or ideas associated with the position etc? If there are any traps in the Queens pawn oppening your reffering to.
    I can't see what is wrong with making a definitive statement that is clear and illuminating as well as eliminating. Why beat around the bush?

    Have you heard anyone anyone else say it -- no!!

  8. #8
    CC International Master JGB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,120
    Quote Originally Posted by antichrist
    I can't see what is wrong with making a definitive statement that is clear and illuminating as well as eliminating. Why beat around the bush?

    Have you heard anyone anyone else say it -- no!!
    'Clear'; that was the problem, I found it not so 'clear and illuminating'.

  9. #9
    CC resident nutcase Trent Parker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Picton, The Dilly, NSW
    Posts
    2,934
    Quote Originally Posted by JGB
    'Clear'; that was the problem, I found it not so 'clear and illuminating'.
    Quote Originally Posted by antichrist
    As I have never heard it said I will say what maybe is the obvious: White, when playing Queen's Gambit, upon developing both knights no traps can be used against her. T or F?
    Where are the knights being developed to?? c3 and f3, c3 and e2, d2 and f3????????
    GO THE DRAGONS!
    GO Western Sydney Wanderers!
    Quote Originally Posted by Adamski's signature
    God exists. Short and to the point.
    This is the reason I do not wade into religion threads.

  10. #10
    Reader in Slood Dynamics Rincewind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    The multiverse
    Posts
    21,567
    Quote Originally Posted by tparker
    Where are the knights being developed to?? c3 and f3, c3 and e2, d2 and f3????????
    e2 before developing the bishop and a3 (to defend c4 now that the B on f1 is blocked).
    So einfach wie m๖glich, aber nicht einfacher - Albert Einstein

  11. #11
    CC International Master Kerry Stead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,118
    Quote Originally Posted by antichrist
    As I have never heard it said I will say what maybe is the obvious: White, when playing Queen's Gambit, upon developing both knights no traps can be used against her. T or F?
    False
    Go look in 'Winning Chess Traps' by Irving Chernev ... there's a heap of Queen's Gambit traps where black wins pieces ... and a vast majority of positions have white developing knights to c3 and f3.
    If you want more infor, I'll quote a game or two as examples ...

  12. #12
    CC International Master JGB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,120

    A few from an opening I enjoy

    But what really is a trap? Of course there are traps in any opening, perhaps its not so well known that the trap has its own name but as Kerry Stead said there are heaps out there. If your interested I have posted a few just from the Cambridge Springs Opening which I find pretty amusing to play with as Black (until your up against the big boys anyway ;-) )
    I have packed a few games into one here just so you all get the idea. Its not so neat I know, but I find it a useful way of showing off different traps from similar positions without replaying the whole game. Hint: use the arrows under the game box to navigate through each game easily. James.

    PGN Viewer
     


    I particularly like the last game so it gets its own box...

    Krush,I (2399) - Summerscale,A (2430)
    Staffordshire GM Lichfield (9), 14.07.2000
    PGN Viewer
     

  13. #13
    CC Grandmaster antichrist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    16,863
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerry Stead
    False
    Go look in 'Winning Chess Traps' by Irving Chernev ... there's a heap of Queen's Gambit traps where black wins pieces ... and a vast majority of positions have white developing knights to c3 and f3.
    If you want more infor, I'll quote a game or two as examples ...
    In spite of JGB offering some examples I would also appreciate some from yourself if you are not too busy. I was relying on Traps & Zaps books and my too old memory as well. I will make good use of. Thanks

  14. #14
    CC Grandmaster antichrist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    16,863
    Quote Originally Posted by JGB
    But what really is a trap? Of course there are traps in any opening, perhaps its not so well known that the trap has its own name but as Kerry Stead said there are heaps out there. If your interested I have posted a few just from the Cambridge Springs Opening which I find pretty amusing to play with as Black (until your up against the big boys anyway ;-) )
    I have packed a few games into one here just so you all get the idea. Its not so neat I know, but I find it a useful way of showing off different traps from similar positions without replaying the whole game. Hint: use the arrows under the game box to navigate through each game easily. James.

    PGN Viewer
     


    I particularly like the last game so it gets its own box...

    Krush,I (2399) - Summerscale,A (2430)
    Staffordshire GM Lichfield (9), 14.07.2000
    PGN Viewer
     
    I can't check out today but can by weekend. Thanks.

  15. #15
    CC Rookie
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    4
    how can this stupid idiot of an antisemit be a chess coach in NSw ..

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •