Thread: scid on the go

CC Candidate Master

scid on the go

Hi all. Do any of you use scid on the go on an android tablet? I can't work out how to get it to autoplay games
    Cheers-paulb
    cheers - paulb

CC Candidate Master
    I had a poke around in 'preferences' and discovered that setting the autoplay interval to non-zero tells you that holding down the 'next move' (arrow) button activates autoplay, and that then tells you that touching anything will stop it.

Thanks guys. Did not know of this version of SCID. Now its on the Android tablet my wife gave me for Christmas, on which I am typing this post.
    God exists. Short and to the point.

Secretary of, and regularly arbiter at, Rooty Hill RSL Chess Club. See www.rootyhillchessclub.org.

Psephological insight. "Controversial will only lose you votes. Courageous will lose you the election." Sir Humphrey Appleby on Yes Minister.

Favorite movie line: Girl friend Cathy to Jack Ryan in "Sum of all Fears". "What kind of emergency does an historian have?".

CC International Master Agent Smith's Avatar
    Yes - it's not a bad little app , but despite the name it's not a "version of Scid". It merely has si4 file-read support. It's si4 file-write feature is broken afaics.

Quote Originally Posted by stevenaaus View Post
    Yes - it's not a bad little app , but despite the name it's not a "version of Scid". It merely has si4 file-read support. It's si4 file-write feature is broken afaics.
    Agree its nowhere near as good as your Scid vs PC!

Secretary of, and regularly arbiter at, Rooty Hill RSL Chess Club. See www.rootyhillchessclub.org.

Psephological insight. "Controversial will only lose you votes. Courageous will lose you the election." Sir Humphrey Appleby on Yes Minister.

Favorite movie line: Girl friend Cathy to Jack Ryan in "Sum of all Fears". "What kind of emergency does an historian have?".

Quote Originally Posted by Adamski View Post
    Thanks guys. Did not know of this version of SCID. Now its on the Android tablet my wife gave me for Christmas, on which I am typing this post.
    Is there any possibility she may have been giving you a hint? ha ha
    Zionism is racism as defined by the UN, Israel by every dirty means available steals land and water, kill Palestinian freedom fighters and civilians, and operates an apartheid system to drive more Palestinians off their land

Should mean less typos.

Thread Information