DGT 2010 setting problem

Hi guys/gals,

I'm experiencing a wierd problem setting the DGT 2010 using setting 18 (Bonus "Fischer" manual set). In trying to set it for a 60 + 10 game (for both sides), when everything is entered and the times are displayed, the White side shows and works correctly. The Black side, however, displays 3 hours and adds 2 hours every clock press. Naturally I figured it had something to do with the increment, so I tried it without any increment for the Black side to see what would happen. Same deal. I even went so far as to change the battery (without terribly much hope) - no dice. What would be the issue here, and how to fix it?

Does this happen on any DGT 2010 clock or just the one you have in your hand? Some problems are "firmware" e.g. a bug in every clock ever shipped of that model, though what you describe does not sound like it is a generic bug.
    Chess well played is imagination, calculation, observation, experience and memorization in order of importance.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesper Norgaard View Post
    Does this happen on any DGT 2010 clock or just the one you have in your hand? Some problems are "firmware" e.g. a bug in every clock ever shipped of that model, though what you describe does not sound like it is a generic bug.
    I have had a lot of experience with dgt 2010's and have never seen this issue before.

CC International Master
    I haven't seen this model for a while but it certainly isn't a generic problem or it would be happening all over the world - this is a common time limit.

Does it work on other times and settings or is it specific to 60/10 on 18? Maybe running it on a few other times and/or leaving the batteries out for a while might reset its confused memory.

My guess is that it came second in a game of transfer or blitz, unless it's new in which case you could justifiably ask for a replacement.

We tried other settings, and removing/replacing batteries. The problem is only with setting 18 on that particular clock.

I think the problem here is that the correct time setting is used for one side of the clock but an incorrect time setting for the other side.

You should set the initial time on each side of the clock, and then the bonus time on each side.

Thread Information