Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Capablanca-Fan View Post
    Yes, but for different reasons, e.g. theological as well as their rejection of blood transfusions.
    I read up on the blood transfusions issue one aspect is that if God has "called" you who are humble human servants to refuse Him. Has echoes of my claim re climate change and respecting God's creatures.
    Zionism is racism as defined by the UN, Israel by every dirty means available steals land and water, kill Palestinian freedom fighters and civilians, and operates an apartheid system to drive more Palestinians off their land

Atlanta, GA (formerly Brisbane, and before that Wellington, NZ)
    Quote Originally Posted by antichrist View Post
    I read up on the blood transfusions issue one aspect is that if God has "called" you who are humble human servants to refuse Him. Has echoes of my claim re climate change and respecting God's creatures.
    I don't see the connection. Rejecting blood transfusions can cost human life, so JWs are guilty of gross theological malpractice.
    ďThe destructive capacity of the individual, however vicious, is small; of the state, however well-intentioned, almost limitless. Expand the state and that destructive capacity necessarily expands, too, pari passu.ĒóPaul Johnson, Modern Times, 1983.

I don't see the connection. Rejecting blood transfusions can cost human life, so JWs are guilty of gross theological malpractice.
    They consider getting sick and dying as God's plan so transfusions and preventing death is opposing God. As JWs are a recent mob and the Scriptures were written maybe thousands of years before transfusions were thought of I can't imagine how transfusions could be mentioned. Maybe the Scriptures were referring to consuming blood.
    Zionism is racism as defined by the UN, Israel by every dirty means available steals land and water, kill Palestinian freedom fighters and civilians, and operates an apartheid system to drive more Palestinians off their land

Atlanta, GA (formerly Brisbane, and before that Wellington, NZ)
    They consider getting sick and dying as God's plan so transfusions and preventing death is opposing God.
    But then, why wear glasses and oppose God's plan for weak eyesight? Or maybe transfusions were part of God's plan to save lives?

As JWs are a recent mob and the Scriptures were written maybe thousands of years before transfusions were thought of I can't imagine how transfusions could be mentioned. Maybe the Scriptures were referring to consuming blood.
    That's exactly right.
    ďThe destructive capacity of the individual, however vicious, is small; of the state, however well-intentioned, almost limitless. Expand the state and that destructive capacity necessarily expands, too, pari passu.ĒóPaul Johnson, Modern Times, 1983.

But then, why wear glasses and oppose God's plan for weak eyesight? Or maybe transfusions were part of God's plan to save lives?

That's exactly right.
    BUT if the Scriptures were inspired by an all-knowing God then we would expect them to cover all future situations. Unless we rely on a hierarchy like RCC or new prophets like Mohammed or Joseph Smith who both ordained multiple wives. When Hunter Biden took on his brother's widow it was frowned upon although it is in the Scriptures. What has caused all the confusion the Tower of Babel?

Thread Information