connection problems

I have some problems logging in (took me quite an effort to do it yesterday and today) but I can't read messages, SB, or new posts when I click on the new posts link.

It took me quite some time to enter the non chess threads in order to post this.

I can read posts OK while not logged on, ie just visiting the site. I will try again when I am in Athens, or other major cities.

Cheers and good luck!
    ACF 3118316
    FIDE 3201457

Monster of the deep Kevin Bonham's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Elliott Renzies View Post
    I have some problems logging in (took me quite an effort to do it yesterday and today) but I can't read messages, SB, or new posts when I click on the new posts link.

It took me quite some time to enter the non chess threads in order to post this.

I can read posts OK while not logged on, ie just visiting the site. I will try again when I am in Athens, or other major cities.

Cheers and good luck!
    Is this a new problem accessing it via a computer you usually use, or a problem with net kiosk computers?

I found the site almost unusable - and in vaguely similar ways - on the free internet terminals in Singapore airport.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Bonham View Post
    Is this a new problem accessing it via a computer you usually use, or a problem with net kiosk computers?

I found the site almost unusable - and in vaguely similar ways - on the free internet terminals in Singapore airport.
    Given the amount of javascript vBulletin relies on just to load a single page, this is not a surprise and it gets even worse when you start adding plugins (e.g. that chat/shout thing). Take vbulletin-core.js, for example, 72Kb of script in 2,123 lines with who knows how many references to Yahoo and little explanation as to why.

Those kiosk systems are probably locked down to prevent random crap commandeering them, chances are javascript is disabled by default or only permitted for a few sites, if they weren't they'd need to be re-installed with each new user. They probably need to be reinstalled once a week anyway, but it could be automated to run out of office hours.
    "Omnia quia sunt, futūtum sunt."
    Website: Organised Adversary - ICCF: 30667 - ICCF Rating: 2051 (unfixed)
    OpenPGP/GPG Key: 0x321E4E2373590E5D - BTC address: 18Ua6y7D65QatEDZ36dtWNWpG9Ttrd4eqy

Kev and Hasimir, yes and thanks!
    ACF 3118316
    FIDE 3201457

Thread Information