Page 1 of 37 12311 ... LastLast
    This event is happening in March in 2005, right? I'm asking because a chess tour by 15 foreigners revolves around this event. Can you inform me please ASAP? Cheers.

AR

Reader in Slood Dynamics Rincewind's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by arosar
    This event is happening in March in 2005, right? I'm asking because a chess tour by 15 foreigners revolves around this event. Can you inform me please ASAP? Cheers.
    Might be best to start a new thread called 2005 Doeberl, or something.
    So einfach wie möglich, aber nicht einfacher - Albert Einstein

CC International Master

AR
    Good Friday (or Round 1 as atheists call it) is 25 March 2005.

CC International Master
    PS: Through the magic of the Internet, the Doeberl Cup starting dates for the next years (if it continues to start on Good Friday) are

25 Mar 2005
    14 Apr 2006
    6 Apr 2007
    21 Mar 2008
    10 Apr 2009
    2 Apr 2010
    22 Apr 2011
    6 Apr 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Rout
    6 Apr 2012
    can i pay my entry fee for this tournament now

Quote Originally Posted by ggrayggray
    can i pay my entry fee for this tournament now
    2012... wonder where we'll all be then?
    "I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
    - White Queen, Alice through the Looking-Glass

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Dickinson
    2012... wonder where we'll all be then?
    Tamzin will be getting towards the end of Uni and Tony and I will looking forward to "life after kids".

Quote Originally Posted by jenni
    Tamzin will be getting towards the end of Uni and Tony and I will looking forward to "life after kids".
    Or chess admin for adults?

CC International Master

AR
    Which foreigners?

CC International Master
    More about the 2005 Doeberl Cup (not a lot has changed from 2004 as far as I can see):

http://www.netspeed.com.au/ianandjan...erlCupInfo.htm

The usual disclaimer - I'm just the messenger so get on to the contacts at the above address if you need more information.

And dates for 2023?

Account Shoutbox Banned antichrist's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by garethbcharles
    Which foreigners?
    A boat of illegals from the Philippines maybe

CC Candidate Master
    Seeing that the dates of the Begonia and the Doeberl Cup Weekenders are so close together (only 1.5 weeks seperates them), would it not be a good idea to grab this unique opportunity to try and attract overseas players to come to Australia? It would perhaps make it very attractive for them to play in two of our major tournaments, I believe. Economics of scale for them and the organisers, so to speak!
    Perhaps the two tournament committees could work together on this, to maximise the result.
    It would be imperative in this regard to advertise and publicize the two tournaments overseas, eg. with FIDE, TWIC and the various international chess calendars.

Bas

CC Grandmaster
    Quote Originally Posted by Bas
    Seeing that the dates of the Begonia and the Doeberl Cup Weekenders are so close together (only 1.5 weeks seperates them), would it not be a good idea to grab this unique opportunity to try and attract overseas players to come to Australia? It would perhaps make it very attractive for them to play in two of our major tournaments, I believe. Economics of scale for them and the organisers, so to speak!
    Perhaps the two tournament committees could work together on this, to maximise the result.
    It would be imperative in this regard to advertise and publicize the two tournaments overseas, eg. with FIDE, TWIC and the various international chess calendars.

Bas
    Two months is rather too late to arrange such things. They will either have happened by now, or not. Anyway, the reaction to the last batch of overseas players (at Buller) seemed to be that they were being funded at the expense of Australian players.

Quote Originally Posted by pax
    Two months is rather too late to arrange such things. They will either have happened by now, or not. Anyway, the reaction to the last batch of overseas players (at Buller) seemed to be that they were being funded at the expense of Australian players.
    and as I have said many times that this is COMPLETELY false. The organisers didnt fund any part of the terms for overseas players playing in the open. We did spend a couple of thousand on the coaching of the italians for the juniors, but not a penny during the open.

Do I have to speak to every single titled australian player to make this abunduntly clear to all of them If I find out who is peddling this crap, I will confront them in person.

Thread Information