• Anand wins by four or more games

0 0%
  • Match not completed for whatever reason

0 0%
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
    CC International Master Agent Smith's Avatar
    Code:
                           Rtng  Ti Age Nat    Score     12345678901   Perf Chg
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
     1: Carlsen, Magnus    2863  gm  24 NOR   6.5 / 11   =10==1====1   2857  -1  (+3 -1 =7)
     2: Anand, Viswanathan 2792  gm  45 IND   4.5 / 11   =01==0====0   2798  +1  (+1 -3 =7)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    11 games: +4 -0 =7
    Carlsen (6.5-4.5) : Adamski, Kevin Bonham, Max Illingworth, pax, Qbert, road runner, stevenaaus

http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/2...ld-chess-champ
    The 23-year-old world number one beat India's Anand .... in two of 11 games of the competition, with the others ending in draws. [laugh]

"Overall, throughout the match, Carlsen played better than I did," Anand was quoted as saying by TASS.
    "I tried, but the risk didn't work out. Carlsen didn't make a mistake. I had nothing left to do but take risks."
    D*mn those facts are tricky things
    http://www.thelocal.no/20141123/worl...sen-wins-title
    On his way to the title, Carlsen beat Anand twice, lost once, and drew five times.
    Last edited by Agent Smith; 24-11-2014 at 02:05 PM.

Monster of the deep Kevin Bonham's Avatar
    AAP again. Notoriously error-prone in my experience.

Congratulations to Magnus and all of us who correctly picked the margin.
    God exists. Short and to the point.

Secretary of, and regularly arbiter at, Rooty Hill RSL Chess Club. See www.rootyhillchessclub.org.

Psephological insight. "Controversial will only lose you votes. Courageous will lose you the election." Sir Humphrey Appleby on Yes Minister.

Favorite movie line: Girl friend Cathy to Jack Ryan in "Sum of all Fears". "What kind of emergency does an historian have?".

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Bonham View Post
    I think Anand missing Carlsen's blunder in game 6 was the key point of the whole match. If Anand had seen that and won the game Carlsen would have been in a difficult place psychologically as well as being one point behind with six to play (instead of, as it turned out, one ahead.) That moment was most likely a two-point turnaround in the expected score from that game alone and perhaps even more in its influence on other games. So I'll remember the match as a closer one than the +2 scoreline indicates.
    I think in match 1, game 3 was a key turning point, Anand failing to take his chance there and grab an early lead. A 1-0 early lead as champion would have had a big effect on the course of the whole match. In the return match, game 6 was the key point. Even though others can key oh Carlsen was playing the better etc etc, chess is about taking those small opportunities when they exist. World Championships are won and lost on those. Had Anand found that critical, and what should have been easy to find variation, it would have been changed the whole course of the match.

https://chess24.com/en/read/news/car...-and-much-more

[Re game 11] But how would you explain the move 27…Rb4?

Caruana - Well, that’s probably a move you’d like to make in blitz.

Why not make a draw in that game and take your chances in the final game, with the white pieces?

Caruana - Vishy probably didn’t believe in the possibility of beating Magnus in the deciding game. In fact the only time he managed to win in the match it occurred due to Carlsen choosing a terrible variation. In the remaining games he didn’t come close and, it seems, he didn’t really believe in his chances of succeeding in the final encounter.

Can you explain your streak in St. Louis? Changes in your personal life, or just one of those things that happens?

Caruana - I arrived there after the Tromsų Olympiad ill and with a broken computer, so I wasn’t expecting anything good. I’m not superstitious, but on the plane to the US the person next to me turned out to be the World Champion in some kind of cowboy sport. When I told him I was heading for a chess tournament he replied: “If you want you’ll win it!”

About his short draw with White in game 9, Carlsen -
    Anand was well prepared with the black pieces. So it was not a shocker that in one of the games I would have to shut it down after the opening. It wasn’t my finest hour, clearly, but I thought after the opening I had to make an objective evaluation of the position and I didn’t think that I had much to play for and I decided to shut it down.
    http://en.chessbase.com/post/carlsen...fter-the-match

CC Candidate Master
    Translation: I'm fairly confident I can at least draw the last 3 games - Vishy just doesn't have the weapons to consistently trouble me.

CC Grandmaster
    Carlsen revealed in his post-match interviews that he was sick during the 2nd part of the match. That possibly explains why he sometimes played well below his best.
    Interested in Chess Lessons?
    Email webbaron!@gmail.com for more Info!

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelBaron View Post
    Carlsen revealed in his post-match interviews that he was sick during the 2nd part of the match. That possibly explains why he sometimes played well below his best.
    I agree here. I pointed him out to my better half and she thought what? that is the world champ flopping over everywhere
    Zionism is racism as defined by the UN, Israel by every dirty means available steals land and water, kill Palestinian freedom fighters and civilians, and operates an apartheid system to drive more Palestinians off their land

Thread Information