Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelBaron View Post
    I call it drunken behavior that police needs to address...to me it looked barbaric . If people start turning train station into toilet right in front of police as well as throw verbal abuse at all people who walk by - I expect police to interfere!

Any reason they should not? Any reason why such behavior is acceptable?
    I don't say it is acceptable. I also don't say it is celebrating. If it was as you described indigenous on Australia Day then maybe it was something more akin to a protest. Not an acceptable one, I agree. But you might have better luck understanding it in those terms rather than thinking that they were celebrating. I'm sure the police had a better grasp of the situation.
    So what's your excuse? To run like the devil's chasing you.

See you in another life, brotha.

CC Grandmaster
    Quote Originally Posted by road runner View Post
    I don't say it is acceptable. I also don't say it is celebrating. If it was as you described indigenous on Australia Day then maybe it was something more akin to a protest. Not an acceptable one, I agree. But you might have better luck understanding it in those terms rather than thinking that they were celebrating. I'm sure the police had a better grasp of the situation.
    I am sure they had a better grasp...this is why I was annoyed they did nothing.
    Interested in Chess Lessons?
    Email webbaron!@gmail.com for more Info!

Atlanta, GA (formerly Brisbane, and before that Wellington, NZ)
    American Liberal in Europe Attacks Man with MAGA Hat, Faces Hate Crime Charges
    Onan Coca, 20 September 2017

See, in Europe, you do not have a right to simply spout your opinion wherever you please. Sadly, this American seems to have forgotten there is no First Amendment in Europe.

Nor do you have the “right” to throw a drink at a person.

The next day Bjerrekær decided to pursue legal action against the woman and the police are now investigating the situation as a “politically motivated hate crime.”

“We chose to take legal action the following day. A case has been opened and she will be charged with politically motivated assault (a hate crime). Political violence is never acceptable – no matter ones political affiliation.”

The woman faces stiff penalties for her physical and verbal assault on the man, because in Europe… there is no such thing as free speech, and the irony here couldn’t be more sweet.
    “The destructive capacity of the individual, however vicious, is small; of the state, however well-intentioned, almost limitless. Expand the state and that destructive capacity necessarily expands, too, pari passu.”—Paul Johnson, Modern Times, 1983.

Reader in Slood Dynamics Rincewind's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Capablanca-Fan View Post

See, in Europe, you do not have a right to simply spout your opinion wherever you please. Sadly, this American seems to have forgotten there is no First Amendment in Europe.

The next day Bjerrekær decided to pursue legal action against the woman and the police are now investigating the situation as a “politically motivated hate crime.”

“We chose to take legal action the following day. A case has been opened and she will be charged with politically motivated assault (a hate crime). Political violence is never acceptable – no matter ones political affiliation.”

The woman faces stiff penalties for her physical and verbal assault on the man, because in Europe… there is no such thing as free speech, and the irony here couldn’t be more sweet.
    Do you have the right to throw a drink at a person in America? News to me.
    So einfach wie möglich, aber nicht einfacher - Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post
    Do you have the right to throw a drink at a person in America? News to me.

Again, "the woman faces stiff penalties for her physical and verbal assault on the man." The verbal part is not a crime in America.
    “The destructive capacity of the individual, however vicious, is small; of the state, however well-intentioned, almost limitless. Expand the state and that destructive capacity necessarily expands, too, pari passu.”—Paul Johnson, Modern Times, 1983.

Quote Originally Posted by Capablanca-Fan View Post

Think you got the wrong link there, the video is here: https://youtu.be/QHCn0Z7muE8

Incoming Attorney-General SLAMS Human Rights Commission for 'deficiencies' and vows to overhaul it
    Attorney-General Christian Porter wants Humans Rights Commission overhaul
    George Brandis' replacement as chief law officers says body has 'deficiencies'
    Mr Porter slammed the Human Rights Commission's handling of 2013 race case
    By STEPHEN JOHNSON FOR DAILY MAIL AUSTRALIA, 20 December 2017

Australia's incoming Attorney-General Christian Porter has slammed the Human Rights Commission for having 'deficiencies' and has vowed to overhaul it.

Mr Porter, who is replacing Senator George Brandis as the nation's chief law officer, said the government body tasked with cracking down on discrimination had failed students accused of racism.

'There have been deficiencies in the processes and operation of the Australian Human Rights Commission that have been revealed in recent times,' the Perth-based MP told Sydney radio 2GB on Tuesday.

Mr Porter was scathing of former Human Rights Commissioner Gillian Triggs' handling of a racial discrimination case involving three Queensland University of Technology students

Mr Porter was a little more charitable when 2GB fill-in drive presenter Michael McLaren criticised Race Discrimination Commissioner Tim Soutphommasane's $330,000 salary 'to tell us we're racist'.

'Well, I'm not sure, Michael, I entirely agree with that assessment,' the incoming attorney-general said.

Under section 18C of the Racial Discrimination Act, it is unlawful to offend, humiliate or insult a group of people on racial grounds.

Mr Porter said the Turnbull Government had made 'procedural' changes to raise the threshold for racial discrimination complaints to avoid a repeat of the QUT case.

So will Porter inherit Brandis' book collection bought with considerable tax payer money? Actually Brandis kind of grew on me, a few glimpses of being a decent man.

Quote Originally Posted by road runner View Post
    Actually Brandis kind of grew on me, a few glimpses of being a decent man.
    Me too. I became quite fond of George.

Race Discrimination Commissar grossly overpaid to trash country that gave him so muc

Why We Must Not Appoint A Commissioner For Racial Division
    Morgan Begg, 22 May 2018, Parliamentary Research Briefs, IPA TODAY

This IPA Parliamentary Research Brief explains why at the expiry of the current term of the Race Discrimination Commissioner of the Human Rights Commission the federal government should leave the position vacant.

The term of the current Race Discrimination Commissioner becomes vacant in August, 2018. Applications for the position closed on 11 May, 2018.

The policy of the Institute of Public Affairs is that the Australian Human Rights Commission (AHRC) should be abolished. In principle, the AHRC, as a statutory authority established with the purpose of engaging in political advocacy, is incompatible with liberal democracy. In practice, the AHRC has over its history proven to be partisan and more likely to abuse the human rights of Australians than to uphold them.

Specifically, the position of Race Discrimination Commissioner should be held vacant, because the position:

1. is merely one of political advocacy
    2. fulfils no substantive function
    3. promotes division in the community.

Download the IPA’s Parliamentary Research Brief here.
    Last edited by Capablanca-Fan; 26-05-2018 at 01:41 AM.

Monster of the deep Kevin Bonham's Avatar
    Posts moved

Religious freedom changes discussion moved over here -

http://www.chesschat.org/showthread....imination-Act)

CC Grandmaster

Monster of the deep Kevin Bonham's Avatar
    Appears to be friendwalled; can't see the post.

CC Grandmaster
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Bonham View Post
    Appears to be friendwalled; can't see the post.
    Its a cartoon Woman enters into Men's office saying '' All other women in the office are suing you for sexual harassment. Since you have not sexually harassed me - I am suing you for discrimination''

CC Grandmaster
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelBaron View Post
    Its a cartoon Woman enters into Men's office saying '' All other women in the office are suing you for sexual harassment. Since you have not sexually harassed me - I am suing you for discrimination''
    And the link to proposed changes to the Racial Discrimination Act is?

Thread Information