View Poll Results: Will Kevin Bonham defeat Stockfish at blitz (4/2) within two years?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes and within the first 100 attempts (no longer possible)

0 0%
  • Yes in 101-500 attempts (no longer possible)

4 36.36%
  • Yes after more than 500 attempts

2 18.18%
  • No

4 36.36%
  • Obligatory "who cares?" type option

1 9.09%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Monster of the deep Kevin Bonham's Avatar

KB vs Stockfish (sf A.R.B Chess System)

Quote Originally Posted by TheARBChessSys View Post
    So the Most Important thing is that we Both can See it Beats Chess Computers! Rated (3000) + ELO Where as Humans Playing the Normal way Can't Win!!
    I'm still curious about what the success rate is - in what percentage of games do you win?

I should get one of these new "3000+" programs to try my own computer beating method out on one of these days. It certainly sometimes (1 in 50?) beats slightly older computers that I will only otherwise ever beat by playing the Spanish Four Knights and swapping into pawn endings.

Account Banned

KB vs Stockfish (sf A.R.B Chess System)

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Bonham View Post
    I'm still curious about what the success rate is - in what percentage of games do you win?

I should get one of these new "3000+" programs to try my own computer beating method out on one of these days. It certainly sometimes (1 in 50?) beats slightly older computers that I will only otherwise ever beat by playing the Spanish Four Knights and swapping into pawn endings.

It's a High Win Percentage....

Go get the Best Free 3000+ ELO Program! Only just 2nd to Houdini...But Stockfish Soon to be No.1

http://stockfishchess.org/download/

http://www.computerchess.org.uk/ccrl..._list_all.html

Stockfish (5 +) (2014 +) No.1 And It's Free! The A.R.B Chess System Knows!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ev6UwoQvmIc

Stockfish No.1 It's Senseless to Buy a Chess Program!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUA-pGc-Y8s

& Best Free Arena 3.5 GUI

http://www.playwitharena.com/

A.R.B

Thanks very much for the Stockfish link. It was actually very easy to install on my existing Fritz GUI. Running some testing to see how strongly it plays on my system before I take it on personally!

Account Banned
    Thanks very much for the Stockfish link. It was actually very easy to install on my existing Fritz GUI. Running some testing to see how strongly it plays on my system before I take it on personally!
    Cool!

If you have Never seen the latest (3000) + ELO Chess programs in Action! then you are in for a Shock!! just watch it Demolish Fritz Etc.

The New Programs really do Play in an Un-Human like way! I have seen some Moves I Never thought Possible!

A.R.B

If you have Never seen the latest (3000) + ELO Chess programs in Action! then you are in for a Shock!! just watch it Demolish Fritz Etc.
    Yes my copy of Fritz is about five years old. I set up a 10-game blitz match and Stockfish won +8=2-0. The endgames were like watching Carlsen beat a 2500.

However I might need to find a better opening book for it than the Fritz one or change some setting because it let me get away with this:

Stockfish - Bonham

PGN Viewer

Last edited by Kevin Bonham; 23-01-2014 at 12:11 AM.

Account Banned
    Cool!

The New Programs really do Play in an Un-Human like way! I have seen some Moves I Never thought Possible!

Yes my copy of Fritz is about five years old. I set up a 10-game blitz match and Stockfish won +8=2-0. The endgames were like watching Carlsen beat a 2500.

However I might need to find a better opening book for it than the Fritz one or change some setting because it let me get away with this:

Stockfish - Bonham ??

A.R.B

Very Funny! You must have the Settings on (Old Geezer Mode!)

old.jpg

And must be Time to Get Rid of that Old Comp!

comp.jpg

A.R.B

I do often keep computers for a long time (5-6 years) but my current one is not much over 1 year old.

It's actually a result of it using the Fritz opening book, which must have been used when Fritz beat me in the same line before and hence was weighted in favour of that line. Because 11.Qc1 and 13.Qc1 are the only book moves in the position, the opening book has to suffer a few times before it downweights the moves that lead into it and thus learns not to get into that position. After allowing me to repeat the same draw another two times, 8.a4 was played instead.

Account Banned

I do often keep computers for a long time (5-6 years) but my current one is not much over 1 year old.

It's actually a result of it using the Fritz opening book, which must have been used when Fritz beat me in the same line before and hence was weighted in favour of that line. Because 11.Qc1 and 13.Qc1 are the only book moves in the position, the opening book has to suffer a few times before it downweights the moves that lead into it and thus learns not to get into that position. After allowing me to repeat the same draw another two times, 8.a4 was played instead.

Always Best! to turn the Opening Books off! just in case some Stupid Human has input an Illogical Opening line!

Not only that!...

When Computer Chess Programs have Opening Books!

And End Game Data Bases (30) Moves Deep!...

Put in By Humans? All Variations!

Then the Middle Game will Disappear!

The Computer will Not! Have to Think? or Calculate!

Just... link the Start! with the End!

A.R.B

Score update: Stockfish-KB +31=3-0.

CC International Master Agent Smith's Avatar
    and then... ?

I guess one could consider the ELO diff between SF and KB and predict a win for KB sometime, but i'm not sure
    how releveant ELO is to something as reliable as a computer.

Just managed to get it to an apparently drawn ending, which I stuffed up. Getting there.

I suspect by playing against it by completely normal means I probably wouldn't beat it before the heat death of the universe. But there is a plan ...

CC International Master Agent Smith's Avatar
    You're a bit of a masochist me thinks

I think the A.R.B thread (and also the chess engine video threads) must be about generating youtube hits for their modest advertising revenue kick-backs ???

I haven't had any more time for this project lately; it's probably up to about +55 now. However more attempts will be made as spare time arises.

Atlanta, GA (formerly Brisbane, and before that Wellington, NZ)
    These days it's probably like watching Carlsen beat a 2750.
    “The destructive capacity of the individual, however vicious, is small; of the state, however well-intentioned, almost limitless. Expand the state and that destructive capacity necessarily expands, too, pari passu.”—Paul Johnson, Modern Times, 1983.

Score update: Stockfish +113=13-0.

The draw percentage flatters me because of a number of repeats of this draw with me white:

PGN Viewer

Thread Information