Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    CC FIDE Master
    HEHE - Jonny Hector slaughtered IM Erling Mortensen ... Erling and I are not relatives ...

Jørn Sloth used to teach in the grammy school, but I'm not sure that he was teaching Russian ...

CC Grandmaster
    Quote Originally Posted by machomortensen View Post
    HEHE - Jonny Hector slaughtered IM Erling Mortensen ... Erling and I are not relatives ...

Jørn Sloth used to teach in the grammy school, but I'm not sure that he was teaching Russian ...
    According to the ''Russian Chess Encyclopedia'' - his occupation is listed as ''Teacher of Russian''
    Interested in Chess Lessons?
    Email webbaron!@gmail.com for more Info!

CC FIDE Master
    He looks more like a gentleman who teaches Matematics ... Btw, he lived in (far out) Ringkøbing and used to go by train every day to Aarhus - after Danish standards a very long ride ... - so you might be right. I'll ask him next time.

CC FIDE Master
    If you NEVER liked Bent Larsen, you might like this video ... With Danish eyes it's a more "tragic" little movie. After the tournament he refused to explain his strange openings in the tournament.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zp8zJoAPn8s&t=9s

CC Grandmaster
    If you NEVER liked Bent Larsen, you might like this video ... With Danish eyes it's a more "tragic" little movie. After the tournament he refused to explain his strange openings in the tournament.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zp8zJoAPn8s&t=9s
    He looks like he is already very sick...
    Interested in Chess Lessons?
    Email webbaron!@gmail.com for more Info!

CC FIDE Master
    And the last very, very sad game ...

http://www.chessgames.com/perl/chessgame?gid=1512037

CC FIDE Master
    Norway are going mad ... Or in Magnus mode ...

Enjoy this music-video or just enjoy Simen Agdestein ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbp2...&start_radio=1

Norway are going mad ... Or in Magnus mode ...

Enjoy this music-video or just enjoy Simen Agdestein ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbp2...&start_radio=1
    Shame there is no english translation, looks great anyway
    Zionism is racism as defined by the UN, Israel by every dirty means available steals land and water, kill Palestinian freedom fighters and civilians, and operates an apartheid system to drive more Palestinians off their land

CC FIDE Master
    The text aren't anything special. I couldn't find an English translation, but they are singing about Magnus Carlsen's Rook and that his Rook takes the Queen. At the table they are singing about chess, beer and pizza. And the video ends with the scream: "Are there any chessbabes outside?"

In my opinion the scoop is that the normal very stiff Simen Agdestein gives so much.

CC FIDE Master
    And another side of Simen ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqVB2BE50Fk

And another side of Simen ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqVB2BE50Fk
    great imitator of Michael Jackson in the next clip
    Zionism is racism as defined by the UN, Israel by every dirty means available steals land and water, kill Palestinian freedom fighters and civilians, and operates an apartheid system to drive more Palestinians off their land

Does this thread even pretend to have news about Karpov any more?
    “If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.” — Abba Eban on the UN general assembly

“You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.” — Obi-Wan Kenobi on the UN kakistocracy

I recently seen an video analysis by Karpov of Fisher's 21 Move Brilliancy in which he gives the king's bishop a value of 4.5 points. A similar assessment I had come to so was thrilled about that.

↑↑ Yes, that is the sort of post that belongs here. Do you have a link to the video?
    “If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.” — Abba Eban on the UN general assembly

“You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.” — Obi-Wan Kenobi on the UN kakistocracy

Quote Originally Posted by Capablanca-Fan View Post
    ↑↑ Yes, that is the sort of post that belongs here. Do you have a link to the video?
    My search this morning also reveal that it is also called the game of the century that you probably know it as. Unfortunately I have been unable to find the version with Karpov's commentary but still checking. I loved the analysis because it backed my claim that the king's bishop is a lot more important than the queen's bishop, backed by a world champ - nothing wrong with that. Now a days they are called light and dark squared bishops but I prefer the old reference of king's or queen's as it actually means something.

I only come to this conclusion due to noticing that the winning side often had the kings bishop in endgame rather than queen's bishop. Shows I played too much chess and not enough reading of books on chess.

Thread Information